Something wrong with site loading. (DNS Server??) Please help...

Hi

Im having a problem with my site.

The site will simply not load. When running a tracert on the domain, I get the message "Unable to resolve target system name www.****.com." (**** being my domain of course)

When going to http://www.dnsstuff.com to do a look up it says "Server failure. There's a problem with the DNS server for ****.com."

The funny thing is when i do a tracert on my IP it works fine...I can even log into CPANEL. I tried a graceful reboot and that hasnt helped.

I can even access the site with IP only.

I DID NOT make any changes to the DNS info or anything of that nature..its just not working anymore...suddenly out of nowhere.

Does anybody know what the problem is? It was working as early as 1 hour ago.

It seems this might be an issue with CPANEL automatically updating CentOS 3.4 to 3.5...and some bugs....

The techs are working on it...hope its fixed soon...anybody want to add some thoughts?

tracert does not mean that the DNS is running, maybe other services are running and the DNS fail. Anyway to try manually starting the DNS do a tail -f and find out what is causing the error?

I Found This Up Top.. After I Logged In To WHM.. Im Not Sure If This Is What Happened To You But.. I Might As Well Post It.

---
    Important Notice Users updating to CentOS 3.5 from CentOS 3.4 may experience a problem with /etc/named.conf reverting to the default state. This is due to a problem with the new caching-nameserver rpm provided with CentOS 3.5. If the problem does occur, it can be easily corrected by running the following command in a root shell:

Code:
    mv /etc/named.conf /etc/named.conf.CENTOS35UPDATE;mv /etc/named.conf.rpmsave /etc/named.conf;/scripts/restartsrv_named
    For more information, please refer to this thread on the cPanel Forums: http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread....301#post191301

---
    ~~ Bandit. S.

Yes, this was the issue....stupid cpanel bug.

What if you don't have a named.conf.rpmsave?
    Synergy Blue LLC
    SonataWeb.net | SynergyBlue.com
    USA should so something about: http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

How to fix?

Please help!

I want update but i can't find /etc/named.conf.rpm

please send me a new update files

Originally posted by dan325ci
    Yes, this was the issue....stupid cpanel bug.
    It has nothing to do with cPanel.
    Net Logistics Web Hosting - Solutions Through Innovation

Originally posted by VapoRub
    What if you don't have a named.conf.rpmsave?
    Code:
    /scripts/rebuildnamedconf
    service named restart
    If you get some rndc connection refused error when doing 'rndc reload' or modifying DNS via WHM then run:

Code:
    /scripts/fixndc
    run it two or three times, till it gets fixed, and then make sure the keys match in rndc.conf and named.conf, then:

Code:
    service named restart
    and you should be all set.
    Net Logistics Web Hosting - Solutions Through Innovation

Originally posted by Karthick
    It has nothing to do with cPanel.

Oh I thought it was....anyways seems to have been fixed now. The autoupdater from CentOS 3.4 to 3.5 caused some sort of problem.