View Poll Results: Whoiscart vs AWBS?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • whoiscart

9 36.00%
  • awbs

16 64.00%

awbs vs whoiscart

We're looking to replace our current billing platform with one of the two above, and soliciting comments from experienced people. We use enom as our registrar, so it's important that we have a full domain management functionality. For this reason, we've eliminated clientexec, whmAP and modernBill as alternate solution. If you have experience with one of the two application above, please comment.

Looking at the demo, the AWBS seems to offer a more complete domain management functionalities based on cart design so we're leaning toward AWBS, but we don't know how good is whoiscart. Here are a few of our requirements.

1. Be able to purchase multiple domains, and/or hosting plans and be able to check out at once.

2. An ability to provide reseller option (private label reseller) will be of benefit. AWBS doesn't seem to offer this option. I'm unsure whether whoiscart offers it.

3. An ability to integrate with Direct Admin control panel. Both claims they offer DA integration, but how easy and complete its integration?

Any other catches or consideration that we should think about?

Thanks,
    Scott

OK i am a long time Whoiscart user. The support you will get at whoiscart and the easy templete system to intergrate into your site is awesome. I was telling someone on here the other day about SilverStar version 3 that whoiscart is working on for the last year or so. It is going to rock the socks off everything out there. They are about to release their help desk that will interact with SilverStar. There is nothing out there like it for the price or anything. After that they are going full steam on the SilverStar. Right now the whoiscart offers everything your looking for and then some. I use fraudgate with does a great deal better against fraud than a lot of other things out there. Does not stop it but helps. You will have your enom and direct admin. Plus if you want to go futher and do directi, cpanel, interworx and open srs you can. Plus you get a free upgrade to version 3. For the $35 that whoiscart offers to get their current it a steal. Well thats my 2cents and then some!

Hi Scott,
    whoiscart will handle everything you need.

I've used it successfully for setting up accounts automatically on DirectAdmin and also created reseller accounts.

You can't go wrong with it.

Just thought I would kick in here so that folks would not be misinformed. ModernBill does have advanced domain management from within ModernBill for Enom domains.

Jon McCarrick
    Jon McCarrick -
    Billing is Fun
    When You're Billing With Parallels Plesk Billing
    www.parallels.com/spp

Modernbill really has just about everything except the kitchen sink. To me it has too many features and the price of whois.cart was too good to not give a try when I first got hooked. As mentioned above it will do everything you want and silverstar is going to be wonderful if it is half of what Seaven makes it out to be.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

we like awbs. Very easy to configure and implement.

We have AWBS (can't commend on whois.cart as never used it) and are happy with it. The templating system took some time to get used to, but once we did we have been able to alter everything we need. Integration with Enom was important for us and this is very solid. All in all, I'm happy with AWBS, but reading the discussions here, you will probably be ok with whois.cart too

Originally posted by BillingIsFun
    Just thought I would kick in here so that folks would not be misinformed. ModernBill does have advanced domain management from within ModernBill for Enom domains.

Jon McCarrick
    Where is it? I have never been able to find such a thing. Probably didn't look hard enough, but something like that ought to be obvious and easy to find.
    Mark Oberg
    Techweenies.com

(No longer affiliated with Uneedawebsite.com)

Can't find modernbill live demo!
    Cast in thy lot among us;
    let us all have one purse.

Cast in thy lot among us;
    let us all have one purse.

Originally posted by Saints
    Look at my post with the link above
    Alasdair

SilverStar is a new version by WhoisCart? When will it be available? Should I wait to be until it is available?

Kim

Silverstar will be whois.cart's replacement. We will be releasing internally before it is made publically available. It should follow the upcoming release of our new CRM/Helpdesk - Auracle (due in the next two weeks).

Regards.
    Alex
    circlical - hosting software development
    forums * blog

Thanks for the info, Alex.

Kim