Resource Usage High

I'm sure this question has been asked but I couldn't find a viable version of this. For some reason, my RAM is pretty high lately. I'm not sure what's causing it but it's making my customers complain. How do I lower usage and how can I find out what is eating up all the resources?

Linux always uses up every bit of ram to keep things going as fast as possible. How is the swap usage?
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

How high is the usage? How much physical memory and swap do you have? How much is used? How much is cached? What does free and top and ps, etc. show?

Well, for CPU it's gone down now. What I'm worried about now is the memory/RAM usage which is at 46%-80% usage at any given time. Swap is still below 1% but customers keep complaining about low speeds claiming it's not their internet. I have 256MB RAM and the same amount of swap.

total used free shared buffers cached
    Mem: 252316 227924 24392 0 10432 98272
    -/+ buffers/cache: 119220 133096
    Swap: 262136 191032 71104
    Total: 514452 418956 95496

That really isn't a lot of ram for a webserver, but unless the there is swap being used linux is not out of ram.

Linux always uses up as much ram as it can to make thigns run faster. If you were running linux on your desktop, when you opened a picture in a viewer on it, it would load the software and the image all into ram if it could so you could view it better. This would make it run a lot faster than reading it of the HD and just not using the ram at all. This is not uncommon. Linux will start to use up swap space when you are out of ram.
    Mike from Zoodia.com

I see....but if it's not out of RAM why is the server acting slow? Or should I say, accused of being slow?

Well 256mb of ram is low, and I'm going to assume that your processor is not very fast either. Could you post a link to the site (or if that is not possible, a site on the server). It could be poorly written PHP script or any number of things.
    Mike from Zoodia.com