Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

matrixreseller & vortechhosting

matrixreseller / vortechhosting Bad (goes under the name "vortech" at hosting review websites)

By far, the worst experience in reseller hosting I've ever had. I am SO GLAD to be back with LiquidWeb again. I left Liquidweb for Vortech/Matrix, what a huge mistake that was.

What was the bad experience? Someone hacked into a cpanel reseller server I and tons of other resellers were on. Thats OK, it happens right? A week into it, hundreds of reseller websites were experiencing down times in the hours per week amount. Lost e-mail galore. It was their... "not our fault" response to it that showed there true colors.

They blamed it on cpanel.net. Took no responsibility for it. A week or two into this fiasco, they offer all resellers on this cpanel server a "reduced cost" move to Hsphere. And can you belive they wanted us to PAY THEM NOW to do this? Then we could apply for our credits..... Sheeeez!

They never got the problem fixed and all my websites were down in the 5-10 hour range (and more) at this point. I began a tread at cpanel.net (forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=37076) trying to get to lowdown on why Vortech/Matrix was blaming cPanel. The cpanel community (not just cpanel employees) countered everything vortech was claiming. Furthermore someone in those treads found out that Matrixreseller/vortechhosting was running an outdated unsupported red hat OS, and an old old version of Cpanel. (see threads)

All the while they didn't or wouldn't or could not fix all the downtime. At some point there response to my continued emails was "MOVE TO HSPERE". They gave up trying to fix the issue, all together.

To make matters worse, when I applied for my 99% downtime credit, they actually wanted proof of it. Hundreds of resellers were complaining the last 6 weeks I was there. I sent in emails from uptime services I use showing some acct's down for 10+ hours, they claimed that wasn't good proof.

They also made DISAPPEAR the entire forum posts on the subject of this hacked cpanel server, because it apparently made them look so bad. When I last saw it, it was 8 pages long. One unhappy customer after another. All posts have disappeared.

You know what? If they had simply gave all of us a freeride to Hsphere the first month, I wouldn't be writing this. What an insult to make us pay. Furthermore, their highly unethical response to downtime of making us PROVE our downtime. All for $34 bucks? Can you believe that? They could of credited EVERYONE on the affected server a free two months on the new server and I would of been happy.

Stay away from matrixreseller.com / vortechhosting.com. It doesn't matter how good others have had it there, if this is the way they handle a crisis that SHOULD of cost them at least a refund or credit to everyone affected on this hacked server.

Al Guevara
    al at tucson-webdesign dot com

I've signed up with Site 5 as a backup to LQ, and they are proving as good as LiquidWeb has always been.
    LiquidWeb.com & Site5.com= Great

I am not even going to waste my time on you, Al...

Get over it we dropped CPanel, gave customers 3 months to move to a new host in your case Liquidweb or to move to H-Sphere and we offered everyone a full free month and or 2 months free in some cases.

You keep spamming this every where, get over it, we gave notice of 3 months to all CPanel customers. I think that more than shows everything you are saying is untrue. We have every right to choose not to offer CPanel if we think it sucks. It does not matter about it's security issues any longer as we don't even offer it any more, we hate it and think the software sucks, thats my 2 cents and H-Sphere is 1000x better. But thats my 2 cents and my choice not yours...

Have a nice life... BTW nice 3rd post. Shows how much you are involved in the hosting industry.. LoL
    Last edited by Vortech; 06-17-2005 at 07:09 PM.

Must hurt to have this come back at ya huh Brad? You naturally avoided all the hard issues,
    * erasing entire posts on the forum,
    * ignoring all things said by cPanel about YOUR using outdated, and unsupported vers of Redhat, using a cpanel MANY versions old?

How many people did you refund for the hours and hours of downtime? Youve got quite nerve to CHARGE people to get on a new server? You could of gave it to us free for a month or two. to make up for your tech-blunders and inexperienced tech support and CHEAP business practive of NOT updating OS and cpanel software. Youve got *all* to treat people this bad, thats for sure! Big Ones!

Just think, for $34 dollars I'd not be posting this. It you had treated EVERYONE on that bad server to a refund and a new server for FREE for one month, I'd of forgiven matrix/vortech, and never ever thought of posting these notes to hosting forums on how BAD you treated resellers, and then CHARGED them to get AWAY from YOUR problems. You admitted nothing, and blamed cPanel for everything.... cPanel; that is used in BILLIONS of hosts worldwide, must be REAL BAD that olde cpanel.

But NO. Pay up all you reseller folk on our server that's been down PLUS 10 hours. And then WE WILL MAKE YOU prove your down time. for server that was down hours and hours and hours.

Stay away from this companey folks. The measure of a host ISNT just in uptime, its how they deal with catastrophe when it happens.

Do they admit their side of the street?
    Do they prompty fix it?
    Do they refrain from blaming?
    Do they treat the affected customers to a credit?
    Do they abide by their garantees and PAY?

Vortech Hosting / Matrixresellers answer to all the above was NO.

Originally posted by albaby
    Must hurt to have this come back at ya huh Brad? You naturally avoided all the hard issues,
    * erasing entire posts on the forum,
    * ignoring all things said by cPanel about YOUR using outdated, and unsupported vers of Redhat, using a cpanel MANY versions old?

It just shows what you know right there and it's not much.

Redhat AS 4 is the laest version and CPanel was on auto update.

You are not hurting me at all, Al. You say this is about $34, you would have gotten more then that in a credit if you had moved to H-Sphere like many of our other customers. Not my fault you chose not to move or submit the credit request form that you NEVER did fully or right like we asked you.

Here is the proof:

fullname: Alvaro L Guevara
    username: [REMOVED FOR POST]
    email: [REMOVED FOR POST]
    Hsphereserver: None
    CpanelServer: None
    Colocation:
    DownTime: More the 8 Hours.
    Notes: I dont know what server I was on?
    Primary domain: www.webhostingarizona.net

I was down daily many times, on all my hosted domains, increasingly getting worse and worse by the week, for three weeks. I still have ste down time, and email down time daily. I simply want April service at no cost.
    Terms: Yes
    Submit: Submit Credit Request

-----------------------------------

our reply:

Hello,

You must submit a credit request for each downtime you have experienced (of more than 15 continuous minutes)as we can not go back and "add up" time for a blanket statement of "I was down daily many times". This does not give us any specifics in regards to the downtime you incurred.

We have informed you, along with all other Cpanel customers, that we will be discontinuing Cpanel service as of 6/15/05 and we are encouraging all Cpanel customers to move to Hsphere. Once you sign up for your Hsphere account you will receive 1 month's credit on your new Hsphere account.

However, in regards to the information in this credit request form, we can not issue a credit.

--------------------

You never replied or put in a new request, that was not our fault. The next thing you submitted was a Cancellation Form, plan and simple. You can stop with the lies any time. You would have gotten a credit if you had asked for it, you would have also got a credit if you had moved to H-Sphere, but you did nothing and this is our fault HOW?

I am no longer going to waste my time on this because nothing I say really matters to you. Like I said it really does not matter how crappy CPanel or Redhat are, we made the choose to drop it from our service offerings in the end for more than just the reasons of the poor security in CPanel and/or Redhat. We gave customers notice, we offered them a Free month + and/or gave them to time be able to find a new CPanel host ( like you did ).

If you wanted your credit you should have filled out the form right, I am not you mom and I am not going to baby set you and beg you to fill out a simple form right. Come on. Get a straight next time AL...

Still avoiding the main issues Brad.

The cpanel server affected was down for weeks for anywhere from 1/2 hour, 15 minutes 10 minutes, etc, etc, over and over for WEEKS Brad.

Why in the world would ANY CUSTOMER need to fill out a form for MASSIVE downtime like that? Give me a break!

INSULT to injury Brad. And then you ask us to PAY you get get on a server that worked. You got big ones for sure.

Concerning the outdated OS and cpanel software: All the proof of your incompetance and unwillingness to spend $$$ on security and the latest software is in the forum post. (forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=37076) at cpanel.net

(NOTE: potential concerned users of Vortech/matrix... make sure to read the 2005 posts, not before, this event was March 2005 forward) to read thru this guys lies. The evidance is overwhemling

albaby, I am not even going to bother repeating my self to you over and over..

Get a life..

Wow, sounds like you need to get some manners. What kind of business tells a client, ex-client or potential client to "get a life". Pretty impressive business personality you have there
    Chris Mullins
    http://authenticnetworks.com
    ::Web Hosting Simplified::

Because he is running from forum to forum posting the same stuff. So he must need a hobby of some kind. LoL

Whites kept blacks in slavery for over a 100 years... It wasnt until they started running around and making a fuss before they every got anything solved. Sounds to me like you just have some clients that are not going to be satisified with the way a company of your large standing treated them. Basically I think they just expected more and instead they get told to "get a life"
    Chris Mullins
    http://authenticnetworks.com
    ::Web Hosting Simplified::

Originally posted by Vortech
    albaby, I am not even going to bother repeating my self to you over and over..

Get a life..
    Another host added to my DO NOT BUY list...

The way you unprofessionally deal with your customers makes you look horrible, especially with the "LoL" at the end of every sentence, makes it look as if you are laughing at the customer. You're only making it worse for yourself, making your company look worse. Lying or not, you shouldn't treat a customer that way, especially publicly. Good luck on getting new customers..

Originally posted by Anworks
    Whites kept blacks in slavery for over a 100 years... It wasnt until they started running around and making a fuss before they every got anything solved. Sounds to me like you just have some clients that are not going to be satisified with the way a company of your large standing treated them. Basically I think they just expected more and instead they get told to "get a life"

Well this is a forum is it not? Just like the other 20 fourms he has ran around posting this on.. I really think he needs a life, thats my 2 cents.

We can't make everyone happy and I know that.. Maybe he should as well, it's his own fault he did not follow our terms of service or the instructions we gave him. But yet he can come here and bitch about it, just like I can tell him I think he needs a life rather then running around posting about his "old" hosting company.

We host over 75,000 domains for him to come here and slander us about him not getting his $34 refund/credit when he did not even reply to our email or resubmit the forum. He could have got his money. But I just think he would rather waste his own time and ours by running around tell 1/2 the truth..

Customers like this I am glad he is gone.

Originally posted by ALee
    Another host added to my DO NOT BUY list...

The way you unprofessionally deal with your customers makes you look horrible, especially with the "LoL" at the end of every sentence, makes it look as if you are laughing at the customer. You're only making it worse for yourself, making your company look worse. Lying or not, you shouldn't treat a customer that way, especially publicly. Good luck on getting new customers..
    LOL, to funny. Please add me to your DO NOT BUY list. If you are anything like albaby then please do. To think we did anything wrong by defending our self in an open forum, when I have already replied to this same stupid post over 20 times in OTHER FORUMS..

Also to think we did something wrong is also a little silly, oh I am sorry we asked him to follow our TOS and fill out a simple form to get his credit, oh I am sorry he has been posting this BS on 20 forums.. What ever..

It gets a little old and YES SIR HE NEEDS A LIFE OR A HOBBY. Oh wait I have one for albaby, how about leaning something about servers before he tries to tell someone else how to run them.

BTW HE NEVER SUBMITTED THE FORM OR REPLIED TO OUR TICKET TO GET HIS CREDIT. AGAIN NOT OUR FAULT ALL HIS, YET HE CAN'T TAKE THE BLAME BUT WOULD RATHER MAKE US LOOK BAD.. What ever..

What a waste of disk space this post is.. LOL ( YES AGAIN BECAUSE THIS POST IS WAY TO FUNNY )

Well this is a forum is it not? Just like the other 20 fourms he has ran around posting this on.. I really think he needs a life, thats my 2 cents.

We can't make everyone happy and I know that.. Maybe he should as well, it's his own fault he did not follow our terms of service or the instructions we gave him. But yet he can come here and bitch about it, just like I can tell him I think he needs a life rather then running around posting about his "old" hosting company.

We host over 75,000 domains for him to come here and slander us about him not getting his $34 refund/credit when he did not even reply to our email or resubmit the forum. He could have got his money. But I just think he would rather waste his own time and ours by running around tell 1/2 the truth..

Customers like this I am glad he is gone.
    You are my idol
    It's Scott!

LOL, to funny. Please add me to your DO NOT BUY list. If you are anything like albaby then please do. To think we did anything wrong by defending our self in an open forum, when I have already replied to this same stupid post over 20 times in OTHER FORUMS..

Also to think we did something wrong is also a little silly, oh I am sorry we asked him to follow our TOS and fill out a simple form to get his credit, oh I am sorry he has been posting this BS on 20 forums.. What ever..

It gets a little old and YES SIR HE NEEDS A LIFE OR A HOBBY. Oh wait I have one for albaby, how about leaning something about servers before he tries to tell someone else how to run them.

BTW HE NEVER SUBMITTED THE FORM OR REPLIED TO OUR TICKET TO GET HIS CREDIT. AGAIN NOT OUR FAULT ALL HIS, YET HE CAN'T TAKE THE BLAME BUT WOULD RATHER MAKE US LOOK BAD.. What ever..

What a waste of disk space this post is.. LOL ( YES AGAIN BECAUSE THIS POST IS WAY TO FUNNY )
    I'm sorry I didn't read the post very carefully, I posted this when I was about to leave for something so I didn't get the whole situation. Nonetheless, if I were a web-host, no matter HOW annoying the customer is what he is saying, I wouldn't tell him to "get a life". Now if he was just someone who WASN'T your customer and just bashed you because he wanted to, then I'd say you can call him that. But he's YOUR CUSTOMER. I never said anything was your fault or your company's. But perhaps you could have just posted a long explanation as to why his claims were "BS". I think your attitude towards him has given you a more bad rap than the stuff he posted has.

I have posted it over and over, maybe you should reread the post or maybe pick one of the many others I have already replied to on other forums.

Then maybe you would see it my way. I am not going to keep posting because it's point less and he has become a HUGE waste of time.

Oh BTW he is NOT A CUSTOMER.

He's not a customer? Okay, then I take back all that I said. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Originally posted by Anworks
    Whites kept blacks in slavery for over a 100 years... It wasnt until they started running around and making a fuss before they every got anything solved.
    That is probably the most inappropriate statement I have ever read on a hosting board. How ignorant do you have to be to compare slavery to a disagreement over hosting. Not to mention that statement is a broad generalization and a little insulting.
    No Signature Required

18. Errmm

When I buy web hosting from a company I always poke around and ask every question I possibly can from the web host. I do this to make sure #1 that the quality of web hosting is top notch and secondly to make sure that the attitudes of the support staff are nothing like Vortech's. I think anyone reading his comments is not likely to move their buissness to his server anytime soon. As for his comments about the terms of service, in the hosting buisness going the extra mile for the customer will help keep a company in buissness for the long term.

Am I A Looker, if you take a min. and read you would see we were trying to help him. If he can't fill out a SIMPLE form right don't come here posting to try and make us look bad.

Thats his fault, he is bitching over $34 credit he never got, IT'S BECAUSE HE DID NOT REQUEST IT. Yea we are bad, I would have been happy to give it to him like the others that got their credit, plus free month(s) of hosting.

Yea we're so bad...

I used to get pretty hot under the collar if we got attacked on WHT. Then I realised that I was probably doing more harm than good in trying to win an argument. So I take large breaks from WHT (months at a time) and don't respond to any threads about us and leave a custtomer service rep to do so instead. Accept that mistakes are made, not everyone can be pleased and learn to bite your lip and you'll live longer.
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

No matter who is right, a representative must always stay calm and answer politely. Apologizing is not hard and it gains a lot respect from others.
    About-Webhosting
    Everything you need to know about web hosting business..
    Realible and low-cost web hosting..
    30 Day Money Back Guarantee & Paypal Accepted

It just shows what you know right there and it's not much.

Redhat AS 4 is the laest version and CPanel was on auto update.

You are not hurting me at all, Al. You say this is about $34, you would have gotten more then that in a credit if you had moved to H-Sphere like many of our other customers. Not my fault you chose not to move or submit the credit request form that you NEVER did fully or right like we asked you.

Here is the proof:
    I snipped the rest.

I'm not involved with either of the participants in this argument, but I was surprised to see you post what looked to me like a service ticket exchange with a customer(former customer). I thought most hosts had a privacy policy forbidding things like this. I'm NOT a lawyer, so I don't know if there are legal implications of this or not. I have been told by an author that he had to get signed releases to publish email in a book of his, even if the email didn't contain a copyright notice. OTOH, the web is such a wild place, it's hard to tell what applies.

BTW, when I just checked, the dedicated server provider I rent my servers from (an outfit with 20,000+ dedicated servers IIRC) still hadn't rolled out the RHEL4/CPanel combo. From what I've read in their forums, they spent a long time doing quality control and are now working on getting it setup for their provisioning system.

-- David

Sorry I meant RHEL3 not 4, Not even sure CPanel supports 4 yet or not.

As for the email I did not post anything more then what he has on all the other forums he went posting this on including his name ( http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=37076 )

I removed his Email and user name of course. If he did not want to talk about his issues in public he really should not have brought his issues to a public forum. I simply showed we were willing to give him a credit if he had ether followed what we sent him or if he would have replied and explained why he thought he should not do that. He did not do ether of those things.

We were more than happy to refund him if had just replied or filled out the form for us, but he never did ether of those and took it on him self to start posting it every where that we "TOOK" his money and would not refund him. That’s a down right LIE and why I posted that.

Heck if he would fill it out now he could still get a refund but he does not seem to care about the $34, but would rather post about in public forums.

About the security issues in CPanel or Redhat, I really don’t care about ether and should not really even be a point. Any hosting company can say if they want to run an OS or Control and have the choose to change that if they fell its for the better of the company or customers. We did and we did it. We are 100% happy we did as well.

we are new with Vortech , but we love them already !!!!!

Been with Vortech as a reseller for over 3 years now. I have always liked their service and support has been great.

However, their PR skills have always left a little to be desired.
    WebFire Solutions

Originally posted by matthewshull
    Been with Vortech as a reseller for over 3 years now. I have always liked their service and support has been great.

However, their PR skills have always left a little to be desired.
    Good thing I am not selling PR classes then.

I think the simple rule with vortech is, Fantastic service but no bull when it comes to these annoying whiners when they post all over every forum just to feel good about them selfs. Hence the statements about no life, which cleary is true! What sad people huh? Good job so far
    It's Scott!

Thank God I am no longer a customer Brad, when the chips are down on your end, you take your customers with you. And then blame the whole world for your problems, talking no blame not responsiblity whatsoever.

Move to Hsphere was all you could muster. Cpanel sucks and cpanel did this to us, was your cry

And then, with 20-30 hours of downtime in 3-4 weeks YOU actally wanted us to PAY you to move to Hsphere?

Read the Cpanel posts folk, dont believe me or Brad Pugh until you do.
    forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=37076

You must register to view the PAGES and PAGES of this thread.

Al Guevara
    Tucson Arizona

I think cpanel sucks, thats my 2 cents and my right. I am sure others think it sucks to and chose not to run it, thats there right. H-Sphere is stable for us, CPanel is not stable. Not hard to pick there now is it.

I thought your problem was the $34 I guess it's not now. right? I am not blaming anyone. It was best for our company and we did it. I am sorry you did not like the options we gave you. You chose the 2nd option to move to another CPanel host, I don't mind some people like Cpanel, thats fine with me, that was YOUR CHOOSE. I just don't want something like that on my network or offer it to my customers. AGAIN MY CHOOSE AND I THINK IT WAS THE RIGHT CHOOSE.

You could have gotten a credit for the month with issues just as our SLA stated, you chose not to and blammed us for not getting your money.

Please only answer these 4 question with what I / we did wrong.

1. We gave 3 months notice to all customers.

2. ANYONE that filled out the SLA form FULLY got a full month credit.

3. We CALLED every US customer that we could to notify them we were getting rid of CPanel.

4. If someone had paid for 3, 6 or 12 months ahead we refunded or credited them for unused time.

Please for all the other members here tell me what we did wrong, heck if some one else see's a hole in our plan please let me know.

The CPanel systems are off line now and about 95% stayed with us and moved over to our H-Sphere cluster..

If it's the $34 is your porblem why did you never reply to our email OR why did you never refill out the simple form to get your credit back. Also it would not have costed you anything to move to H-Sphere because you would have ended up with 2 or 3 months credit. I am sorry but I still don't see what your grip is.

Vortech ...

Take a tip: "the customer is always right - even when they are wrong!".

Your argumentative style displayed here on this board is highly unprofessional to say the least ....

As a professional web hosting organisation, you need to adopt the higher ground on issues such as this. Do not get down in the gutter and fight/talk dirty - or you will end up looking dirty.

Whether you are right or wrong on the issues relating to this ex-customer, one thing has become apparent to all reading this post:

Your Customer Relations Skills Are Attrocious !!!

You may be skilled Technically - but you really need to work on your customer relations and how you present yourself to the web hosting community.

You have not come out of this looking good

actionf, Because like every other customer that did not get there way comes and posts on forums. Sorry I don't think so.

If the customer does not like the truth why come here to post about it, I am sorry but I have said nothing but the truth and if that hurts you, him or any one reading this I am sorry but. I stand up for my hosting company I don't take bad mouthing laying down maybe like you do.

I have only been honest and set the facts right, something the org. post did not do and left out many thing in his post.

Vortech -

my issue with Vortech is not whether you or your ex-client is right or wrong --- I dont care!

I take issue with ***HOW*** you handled this particular problem/issue.

For a company of your size, the manner in which you responded is totally unprofessional.

"get a life", "lol" is not a professional response.

Again, my advice to you: dont get down in the gutter with ex-clients. Stay cool, calm, professional, present all the facts objectively, admit when you are wrong.

Follow these simple rules, and the web hosting community will respect and trust you.

Originally posted by actionf
    For a company of your size, the manner in which you responded is totally unprofessional.
    Just goes to show you, size does not always matter. It's quality (not quantity) that counts.

And yes, the customer is always right, although sometimes you have to politely show them how right they might be.
    LoL (sarcasm included)

- John C.

Yes John, I agree ...

The key word here is "politely" !!!

actionf, the problem is not that I have been rude to him really here or anywhere else. But after saying the same thing over and over to him in all the different forums it gets a little old.

I am sorry but the customer is no "all" ways right, I would say 99.9% of the time and this happens to be the .1 that he was not and twisted the story to try and make us look bad.

Again I standup for my company and if thats a bad thing, oh well. But I have not said anything out of the way here, and have been honest. He left things out like we tried to give him a credit, it would not have costed him anything to move, ect.

So if telling the truth s bad then I would not want to be your customer. LoL

hello .... McFly ?? .... is there anyone there????

Vortech - you really dont understand, do you. Your listening, but your not understanding.

I dont care whether you our your ex-client is right or wrong - it is your attitude that I take offence to.

My thoughts are that you must think that you hide behind the cover of your computer terminal. You have a LOT to learn about business and professionalism. Tell me - when is the last time that you heard the CEO of a Major Corporation (IBM, Sun, Microsoft, Dell etc) slag off one of their disgruntled ex-clients. Not likely (or if they did, it is in a more elegant way) ... They simply restate their company's case, and get on with providing a great service. They let their companies good work speak for itself. They certainly does make a public spectacle of themselves and their company as you have done on this occasion.

My suggestion to you, is to 'cop it on the chin', (youve already presented your case), be the bigger man, and graciously and professionally move on.

You might want to think about checking yourself into some sort of public relations course - you could certainly do with it.

Hey - I've already lost interest in you and Vortech Hosting. Good luck with your company and your personal development.

Goodbye.

actionf, care to post what company you run? I mean you have only 6 posts here. How long have you been running a company?

I have no attitude and have not had one with him ether. If the facts are an attitude then maybe he should re-thinking of posting lies on 20+ forums.

I should have stopped posting when I said I would, but again I standup for my company like I said, readover the 2000+ post I have I think we have done more then good for our self with over 100,000 happy customer. I guess I am just doing a really bad job. What ever.

Damn Vortech. Please stop. You are doing yourself no good here.
    WebFire Solutions

Well WHT is kind of like talking to a hole in the wall. LoL

. . . I think we have done more then good for our self with over 100,000 happy customer.
    I didn't realise you had 100,000 direct paying customers.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast