Thread: voxel or crnc

voxel or crnc

I am trying to decide between which company to go for colo at telehouse. It seems like both have their pros and cons as is illustrated in past threads but I still can't seem to make a distinction on which is better.

Voxel seems to be charging significantly more for pretty much the exact same thing and want a longer commit. So at this point i'm leaning towards Crnc. but i wanted to make sure that's the right decision.

I have worked with CRNC in the past and never had any issues or problems with them. They would get my reccomendation from past experience.

Is Telehouse a must?
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

I have experience with CRNC and Voxel, and they're both good choices. I would email both of them and ask questions.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

You cannot go wrong with either company.. I'd give the nod to CRNC if given a choice.

Originally posted by RazorBlue - Dan
    Both are very good companies, I'll say CRNC though as I know the guys there better .
    Agreed - you really can't go wrong with either.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

crnc is better in terms of stability but i'd give the nod to voxel for a competent net eng team etc
    ServGrid - www.servgrid.com - Affordable and Reliable SSD Cloud Solutions
    Premium 10G Network, 2(N+1) Powerplant and SSD Performance
    Web, Reseller, KVM VPS, Storage and Private Cloud Hosting
    Click here to see our SSD Benchmarks!

Originally posted by The Broadband Man
    crnc is better in terms of stability but i'd give the nod to voxel for a competent net eng team etc
    Firstly, let me say thank you for complementing our network engineering team. They work very hard at what they do and will be happy to hear that they're appreciated by people outside of our company.

That being said, we're always looking for ways to improve our services. When you say that CRNC is better in terms of 'stability', what exactly do you mean?

We pride ourselves on our network and infrastructure uptime, and take both with the utmost seriousness. Outages with our network have been few and far between - and we've recently taken steps to further reduce the frequency and likelihood of any network failures with the addition of fully redundant Juniper M40 routers.

If you could clarify what you mean by stability issues, I would certainly appreciate it.

Sincerely,
    Sam
    Sam Machiz / Director, Product Development / Ubersmith
    smachiz[at]ubersmith.com / [direct] 212-812-4194

I think I already told Raj this

But stability in terms of network and support - its not stability that i meant to say i guess but consistency
    ServGrid - www.servgrid.com - Affordable and Reliable SSD Cloud Solutions
    Premium 10G Network, 2(N+1) Powerplant and SSD Performance
    Web, Reseller, KVM VPS, Storage and Private Cloud Hosting
    Click here to see our SSD Benchmarks!