Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Modernbill? Yes or no?

I searched for this, but searching for modernbill provides none of the answers I need. My webhosting company is currently using whmautopilot. We only sell shared and reseller cpanel hosting, and we only use paypal for accepting payments. We're currently frustrated because whmautopilot does not have paypal "automated". When people's subscription payments come through, we have to manually mark each one as paid. This was fine when we had 50 clients, but now we have over 500 and it's a pain. Would modernbill be our best solution? I know it's hard to setup, but we have the money to pay modernbill to install/setup for us. Thanks for any answers
    Imeanwebhosting.com - Shared cpanel hosting, 99.9% uptime.
    10 min average ticket responses, softaculous, rvsitebuilder, and more!
    Reliable, affordable shared hosting. I Mean Web Hosting!

I will certainly advise using ModernBill, Bohica. I spent a couple of days, just last week, installing and setting up ModernBill, yes it was a pain and possibly quite difficult, but it certainly wasn't any more of a pain nor difficult than the likes of WHMAP.

Now I have it setup, it is a lovely piece of kit.

If you have the time, energy, patience and money for it, modernbill's the way to go. It will do what you described.

It just make take some fiddlign to get it setup and working properly.

Well, I can pay to get it setup and working properly, that is not an issue at all. I just heard some people around here saying it was buggy and whatnot. Have either of you used whmautopilot as well? If so, could you compare pros and cons of modernbill over whmap? Thanks!

I have used WHMAP. To be honest I just feel MB is more feature rich and its interface is much easier to navigate.

Excellent, any more opinions are welcomed as well. Thanks everyone!

MB is very feature packed and supports a lot of addons. . .

. .. but still has loads of bugs and minor problems and is a bumer to setup and get going.

SP

I agree, ModernBill is a great product however everything has to be tweaked just right for it to thrive and do well. HOWEVER, there are some issues with it that I need to contact MG about; I get misc sql errors here and there as well as an error when I try to upgrade or downgrade somebody's plan. Hopefully they can help me out, its been frustrating me for a while.

I have never used WHMAutopilot, no. Just ClientExec.

Ive heard from a bud of mine that ClientEXEC doesn't have the greatest features or integrate with cpanel very well. Is this true?

Originally posted by Netriox
    Ive heard from a bud of mine that ClientEXEC doesn't have the greatest features or integrate with cpanel very well. Is this true?
    It integrates just fine but, just can't create reseller accounts.

Thanks,
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

We have been users of the WHMAP for awhile now, but just recently installed MB's trial to test it out. Set aside a few good hours figuring out the system, reading the manual etc, but once it gets setup, wow-wee it is a nice little system.

Now to convert all of our customers from WHMAP to MB :/
    Last edited by SLH-Ken; 06-17-2005 at 09:17 PM.
    SkyLineHost.com
    ▓ ▓ Shared hosting that soars above the competition
    ▓ ▓ ▓ Based in Los Angeles. sales@skylinehost.com

Modernbill offered to convert all of my whmap settings and customers for about $200 which isn't bad.

IH Ken, you might want to note that the main page at http://www.infexion.net/ says "actiavted" instead of activated. Just letting you know.

I know in whmautopilot, you have to assign "paid" to invoicewhenever you receive payment.

do you mean MB will help auto set "paid" ? if yes, this will save alot of time.
    Linux System admin (since 2001)
    * cPanel/WHM, Directadmin, Apache, DNS, PHP, HyperVM, Lxadmin, Openvz*

I use modernbill, i think it does just about everything. You can pay them for a reasonable amount to do set up for you. It is a very well done piece of software. I think their support guys are great as well.

Marc
    Fast Affordable Web Hosting
    www.vizhost.com
    Contact on AIM: DIALSOFT

Originally posted by jayzee
    I know in whmautopilot, you have to assign "paid" to invoicewhenever you receive payment.

do you mean MB will help auto set "paid" ? if yes, this will save alot of time.
    Yep, that's why we are wanting to change. Modernbill is FULLY automated with paypal. Modernbill will not only help set paid, it will do it 100% for you. It also can suspend accounts after X amount of days if the payment is not received. In autopilot, you have to check each invoice as paid, go to paypal to verify, manually suspend accounts if they don't pay, etc etc. Way too much work for us.

I have found no bugs in modernbill by the way. 4.3.1 seems to be fine. I havent upgraded to the new release this week.
    www.vizhost.com

ModernBill (software) is good, just don't rely on their support too much (or at all if possible).

Originally posted by Bohica
    Yep, that's why we are wanting to change. Modernbill is FULLY automated with paypal. Modernbill will not only help set paid, it will do it 100% for you. It also can suspend accounts after X amount of days if the payment is not received. In autopilot, you have to check each invoice as paid, go to paypal to verify, manually suspend accounts if they don't pay, etc etc. Way too much work for us.
    wow.
    MB save quite alot of work.
    i'm looking at it now.
    Linux System admin (since 2001)
    * cPanel/WHM, Directadmin, Apache, DNS, PHP, HyperVM, Lxadmin, Openvz*

Modernbill support is great for their pay for support options. Its reasonable at 75 dollars per incident per hour. For me its worth it because the guys who work with me on support are super knowlegable and speak english really well.

Ticket support is a waste of time in most cases.
    www.vizhost.com

You may want to wait until WHMAP version 3 comes out (Beta is out already). Im pretty sure it has the feature you are looking for and plus it is going to be free for all licensees to upgrade.
    There are 3 kinds of people. People who can count and people who can't.

MB has been great for us. We use 2 instances of it (different currencies) and haven't had any trouble with it. Questions we had were answered quickly and precisely, as well as plenty of answers in manuals, KB, and forums.

I think you will find it worth the change, especially considering the number of customers you are manually updating.

Hey, INTEL. Excellent sig
    Gard
    -----
    Garmik Hosting Services - You can get there from here.
    Coming Soon! - Choice1Hosting.com....Reseller solutions not available anywhere else.

Yeah, I know about V3 of whmap, and I have the beta. Don't really like the look and feel of it at all though...

We recently tried out MB and decided to stick with our custom billing solution in the end. However, MB is a good billing solution as long as you don't print a lot of invoices, the setup isn't as bad as people make it sound, just follow the instructions. We had it running on a win2k server without problems.

My only complaints about the system are:

It's hard to do mail invoicing in two ways. Printing because there is no built in printing system. However, I did see a mod for this in the forums. Appling payments. The "quick payment" is just a drop down that can only be sorted by invoice number. This can be a pain when you have to sort though a lot of invoices.

If you need to update an invoice you must do it in three different places. You must edit the html for the actual invoice, the Register Balance and the Invoices Due. They really need to tie those three together.

It's my understanding that they do not encrypt client data and for this reason we cannot use them for a majority of our clients. We did not find this out until just recently when we ran a security audit on our database. All client data including username and pass are being stored in plain text. I think they are fixing this in MB 5?

I also want to say that the people at MB are quick to respond and have always done there best to help us out with any questions we have had.

Other then those minor issues, MB is a great solution, especially if the majority of your clients are all auto bill.
    AfterNorth Innovative solutions for tomorrow, today.
    0spam.org AntiSpam for Service Providers
    DotNetInvoice Online Billing Solutions
    Professional Services Since 1996

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast