Pruning apache logs

Hi peeps,

Just after some help. I have a server with some users on it (friends, i dont do this for a biz) and I need to prune the apache logs as they are reaching about 500 MB a piece !!!!

Is there any way to do a global prune across the server to a reasonable limit of say 10MB per site (several hundred sites)

Cheers

Stuart

You have quite a few freinds!

Your logs should be auto-rotated for you, are you sure the active logs are reaching those sizes and it's not the old logs that have already been rotated?
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

no, its actually the proper logs. Basically they are feeder sites for some adult related sites, hence several hundred one page domains

Well instead of pruning, you could always just up the rotation of them. Old logs taking up space will not hurt performance by any means.

check out /etc/logrotate.conf for the settings, and man logrotate for details on them.

In particular you could try changing weekly to daily.
    Mike from Zoodia.com

no, its actually the proper logs. Basically they are feeder sites for some adult related sites, hence several hundred one page domains

oops sorry for the dupe !

I hope you get banned for it. Just kidding of course. Let me know if that fixes your problem, there are other ways to work around rotating logs faster if you need.
    Mike from Zoodia.com