Question how do you rate this kind of support reply

The site is hosted on shared hosting environment of one of the biggest hosting company in world. The plan on which the site is hosted is the highest configuration plan available on windows 2003 with them. The support ticket was raise due to very bad performance of the MS SQL database.

Here is the reply.

Thank you for contacting us.

We truly appologize for the inconvenience that we have caused you.

We have this issue about MS SQL database basically, it is a temporary issue and administrators are working on this.

Unfortunately,we don't know yet when this will be fixed but will keep you informed when we get any updates.

Again, my sincerest appology.

If you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact us.
    this issue has not been solved since last 72 hours now and nor did i get any update on this.

thanks

Hmmm... they mis-spelled "apology" ... tsk, tsk
    Web Hosting Reviews — based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

It may not be a great response, but there's only so much you can say if you have no leads. It's a welcome change from denial or deflected blame.
    Game Servers are the next hot market!
    Slim margins, heavy support, fickle customers, and moronic suppliers!
    Start your own today!

Nadabrahma,

Yes but that points out that it was sent by a human person and is not standard email
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Yes it was a human reply and i receive such kind of customized reply every time but technical glitch always takes more time to convey them as if staff is novice.

Talking 404 error!

Originally posted by Nadabrahma
    Hmmm... they mis-spelled "apology" ... tsk, tsk
    Hi Your current post count is 404 - not found and you are offline !

Sounds like an honest reply to me. Would you rather them say "It's all your fault" or lie about the issue. It sounds like they have not been able to isolate the issue and are working on it.

Now does this mean that they are actually working on it, I have no idea but I would rather have someone they are not sure than pass the buck and put blame where it is not due.

If you have not heard from them in 72 hours I would suggest sending in another ticket and ask to be moved to a different server so you can solve this issue.

Robert
    Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Well, at least they did respond to your ticket ... with apparent honesty too. But 72 hours without further updates ... well ...
    "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men."

At least they gave you an honest response. There are some hosts who do not respond at all in such situations

Have you tried contacting them to request an update on the issue?
    Last edited by WireNine; 06-17-2005 at 09:11 AM.

To be honest, the response is as good as it can be. The issue hasn't been resolved, so the best they can say is they are working on it.

I see that as been honest. As for been the problem having not been solved for 72 hours, that is another issue.
    - Jamie Harrop

The host has been honest, but in the industry we seek both.

Honest and good uptime/support/.

He has failed in the uptime , so they are worst.

Sent another support email to know the status. Fingers crossed.

It seems to be decent. The spelling isn't the best. Perhaps they were busy working on the problem
    GenerousWebHosting.com Home of Generous George the Red Monster.
    24/7 Live Chat Support - 99.9% Uptime - 30 Day Money Back Policy

I've never seen so many misspellings in a single thread actually, yet you're all complaining about it?

Obviously the host is working to resolve the issue, it isn't resolved yet: There is nothing they can do except continue to work on the issue.

I think this is a thumbs up to them, things happen. Thats life, its how you resolve them that makes you good or bad.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused — For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

If there's one thing I learned on WHT, is that the persons you least expect, make spelling mistakes. Funny thing is they're actually quite good at what they do, but they simply have problems with or don't care about spelling.

this issue has not been solved since last 72 hours now and nor did i get any update on this.
    The fact that 3 days have passed is not particularly encouraging, but since we don't know what's wrong and they have to do in order to get it solved, we can only hope that they're indeed doing their best.

Reply seems to be an acknowledgement of the problem. Which is good. I'm sure they have gotten a few emails on the same issue and I can tell that at first you give a lot of info, but by the 5th or 6th one the reply becomes shorter and shorter..lol.

Also, some issues are just not that simple to fix. Especially if you're a big host with lots of servers to manage.

Other issue is you're using Mickysoft...LOL...(ok..hides now from the M$ fanclub).

Agree honest response, but no response within 72 I would be contacting them again...

It is solved. I sent a support ticket and called them up and they confirmed it is *Just now* solved and told me to let them know if i have any further problem. Anyway happy ending at the end, as the site i hosted is one of the big upcoming portal and still its in BETA mode i.e. hosted on dummy domain. Once it’s approved we are going to move it to dedicated box from the same company.

Many thanks for all of your views.

Hi!
    I think this highlights a critical issue with many hosts...even huge ones. It's not the fact there is a problem....everybody has the now and again...and that, in itself, is not so bad. The fact is many hosts fail to communicate well...even with their own employees. I know...I had a client once that simply refused to tell me what I needed to do.

I'm not talking about a every-hour-on the hour update. I'm talking about some hosts that let issues and tickets go unanswered for days...weeks even. Many never ask again...but...I do the same thing. I move accounts when that happens...it's just as simple as that.

I *despise* moving accounts...but when the account is cancelled..oh!
    Wait a tic! Why are you leaving????? Kinda late, eh?
    At this point...I'm through. This is not the time to offer me a free month of service or suddenly pretend to start doing your job.

OH well. They never learn. They repeat the same mistakes over and over...

Bryon

well said bryonhost1!

kartiksh, I'm glad your problem is finally fixed. It's also commendable on your part to focus on the issue rather than naming (and shaming) your host. Or else, I guess the outcome could possibly have been far from this happy ending .
    Wish you all the best in your endeavour.
    "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men."