Is this a record?

I use eNom.

A customer signed up today at 12:28 GMT. My system automatically ordered hist .net domain at 12:38 GMT.

It was resolving by 13:05 GMT !!!

No,

I have ordered a domain from domainsarefree, a ****** service. I was too bored, i just typed the domain in the browser even before checking my mail for the invoice, the site opened showing their default parking page.

All this took about 5 min.
    They use opensrs platform
    AESERVER UAE Hosting & Domains [www.aeserver.com]
    United Arab Emirates' Premier Webhosting & Domain Name Registrar.
    ae Domain Administration (aeDA.ae) accredited registrar | Register your .ae today!

It should be instant actually. Depends on the DNS propagation as well
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

New registrations should start resolving for the most part within 5 minutes of the order processing at the registry level. (com/.net only)

Yes, it has been so since September LAST YEAR (2004). With Verisign implementing Rapid Updates, DNS updates are done every few seconds. So now it depends more on local ISPs for either you or your clients to see that.

http://www.verisign.com/verisign-inc...ge_015894.html
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Originally posted by nameslave
    Yes, it has been so since September LAST YEAR (2004). With Verisign implementing Rapid Updates, DNS updates are done every few seconds. So now it depends more on local ISPs for either you or your clients to see that.

http://www.verisign.com/verisign-inc...ge_015894.html
    If you guys want a record, note verisign's once-in-a-while "good
    deed" as noted above.

lol davezan. So true.

DTR1 - new registrations are instant and they start resolving within 3-4 minutes for me. ( Registerfly )
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting Dedicated Servers Domain Names
    Custom Web Development Mobile Application Development SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

My DNS is always so slow to update, even though the main centers update instantly... so annoying.

Thats what i love about enom.
    Sometimes some domains are ready in 5 minutes.

It shouldnt be just enom, it should be everyone that does near real time registry updates - not all registrars participate, but most of the major ones do of course. But I love enom too :p

11. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!