Somedays it just doesn't pay....

So my wife says she's hungry for chicken. Ok, I'll make a run down to Jim's Market and pick up some broasted chicken. On the way home a couple of kids in a buick going the other way decide they can turn in front of me.....yep....and the best part? He had no license, no insurance, and his car wasn't registered. Plus, he now has a few tickets. His car is totaled, mine has about $1500 in damages. No injuries to anyone, thankfully.
    Chicken was still warm when I got home Tasted good too.
    Need Control Panel help? Tutorials, FAQS, user guides. and more
    Don't have the control panel you use listed? Let us know.

Do you have fully comprehesive insurance? And sorry to hear of this
    BeeServe
    * Rock solid shared & reseller UK webhosting. No downtime™ *
    Now offering fully managed VPS servers

I am not sure about laws there, but here, I believe you can bring him to court and get that 1500 forcefully from him...
    New site: www.talkutas.com

That's not a bad outcome. Your chicken is nice and warm, you and your wife get to enjoy a nice dinner, the stupid kid's car was totaled, and he won't get his license until he's at least 18.

The only bad part is that you have to get your car fixed for $1,500.

Mmm, chicken.

Could be longer then 18 depending on his age right now. Though you did not get hurt so that is good (that I know of). As well your wife got her chicken!

are you going to sue?

Id sue that mofo, stupid for driven and not knowing how to drive, and i dont hink that he will be driving any time soon...

I read

So my wife says she's hungry for chicken.

So my wife says she's hungry for children.

I dont know why, haha.

Well, I spoke with his parents, they'd hate to see him sued, so we'll get it worked out. Liability only for me, I let the comp go, it's a 93 Safari Van, so it would be cheaper to pay for repairs or junk it than the premiums would have been. At 1500, I'm still ahead of the game, although it could have been much worse.
    Yes, my wife enjoyed the chicken, mashed potatoes, and gravy.... didn't even spill the gravy!
    freak: I could get a judgement against him, but that doesn't mean I would ever collect it. No job, no money. I figured the best course of action was to deal with this privately, and it appears it will work out best for all parties involved. Only time will tell.

Originally posted by Camp2Win
    I read

So my wife says she's hungry for chicken.

So my wife says she's hungry for children.

I dont know why, haha.

OMG...please, no, no, no... Alex just turned 4 on Flag Day.....my daughter turned 14 last month. That chant in my head just changed to 14 more years, 14 more years...I don't want it to start over

Originally posted by RH Robert
    OMG...please, no, no, no... Alex just turned 4 on Flag Day.....my daughter turned 14 last month. That chant in my head just changed to 14 more years, 14 more years...I don't want it to start over
    Haha, I was like WHAT? When I first read it, thought it was going to be a very "interesting" thread....haha

Gald to hear the chicken made it People can do stupid things... For instance, just yesterday I was getting a ride home with a friend from school after exams and some of these kids decided it would be funny to sneak in my friend truck (in the back of it). We couldn't see them as it was one of those Expidtion trucks or something (with the box over top). So, we were about 3 minutes away from school and all of a sudden "thunk, thunk, thunk, hey!!" it was the kids screaming, probably trying to scare us or something. So, my friend turns down this road and tells them to $%#$ off, which they did. Looking back at it, my friend regrets not driving an hour away and dropping them off there. Noboby was hurt though, so it was ok. Now back on topic, its good that you've decided to handle this privately, and I'm sure that the kid will more than likely have learned his lesson, not to mention his parents are probably going to watch him like a hawk for a while...
    www.kneuf.com
    Proudly Canadian

Robert,

Glad you're alright man, but since you're going to have this issue handled privately, get a contract drafted up immediately and have the kid and the parents both sign it, as well as notarize it. Make sure they state that the parents are going to pick up the bill as well as it was the kid's fault. Also make sure it states that there were no injuries as a result of the accident or HE could sue YOU. Good luck collecting your money. I had a similar incident happen last year, so I know how it can go (luckily there was just some minor body damage, but I never did bother getting the car fixed because it was only worth about $1000 and have since upgraded )...

I think I saw that guy today, only in a smaller red junker. Just pulled right out in front of us and almost got himself t-boned.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Count your blessings, the other car was gone, and the poor chicken was roasted, you only lost $1500......

haha.... yeah, I have. The tow truck I called never arrived....the cops said I had to move it, or they would get it picked up. Just got back from driving it home..heh... all my neighbors came out to see what was making the god-awful noise. It was like a parade, I waved at everyone with a big smile... I tried to be quiet as it's kind of late, but there wasn't much I could do.

glad to see that everyone is ok.

if i was in your shoes I would get a contract with you and his parents, get your car fixed, and send them the bill.

(you proberly want your in surance company to send them the bill)

((Im not sure how things work in the US regarding cars and insurances etc)).