Thread: earthquake!

earthquake!

AHHA another earth quake in socal ~ 5.3 happen few mins ago
    www.Yekaroo.com - Your Chinese Radio Online!

Watching on CCN. A friend said there was a tsunami warning there yesterday or the day before? Pretty crazy!

Jeff
    Xoopiter.com:: The new standard in Web Hosting

Watching CNN as well Jeff

I used to live in California, I hate earthquakes.

Did your house shake?
    Glad to see you are okay Andrew!
    Haven't been on WHT for 6 years!

In San Fernando Valley(just north or downtown los angeles) felt it just a touch, little swaying, nothing too bad...
    SkyLineHost.com
    ▓ ▓ Shared hosting that soars above the competition
    ▓ ▓ ▓ Based in Los Angeles. sales@skylinehost.com

In in Orange County and felt it. The second this month... didn't feel the 3rd one up north over the weekend.

I hate how people try to call and call and call to make sure everything is "ok" and sound exasperated when they finally get through on the phone thinking that the phone won't go through because the house fell down or something. Everyone tries to call everyone during an earthquake... circuits are going to be busy for a while. Ughh.

Theres been ALOT OF EARTHQUAKES HAPPENING AROUND THE WORLD AS OF LATE.......Frankly,im worried!

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Originally posted by jml3188
    In in Orange County and felt it. The second this month... didn't feel the 3rd one up north over the weekend.
    First one was Sunday in socal - 5.2
    Second one was Tuesday in northcal - 7.0
    today in socal- 5.3
    www.Yekaroo.com - Your Chinese Radio Online!

Theres been ALOT OF EARTHQUAKES HAPPENING AROUND THE WORLD AS OF LATE
    Yes, there have been. The Earth will punish us for our diesel fumes, oil spills, nuclear tests, etc etc.
    EuroVPS VPS Hosting - Virtual Private Servers | Web Hosting | Dedicated Servers
    Providing Reliable Plesk and cPanel Servers since 2004, now offering low priced Xen & VMware VPS in Amsterdam
    UK +44.203.355.6681 / Amsterdam +31.208.202.120

Originally posted by The Dude
    Theres been ALOT OF EARTHQUAKES HAPPENING AROUND THE WORLD AS OF LATE.......Frankly,im worried!
    Local news was talking about that last night. Missed the segement. Must of been at the very end of the newscast. Urgh. Watch the entire show for the one little segment, and I always still miss it.
    Happily hosting @ Dathorn.com (Since 3/2003), Ispeeds.net (Since 2004), & Quadspeedi.net (Since 7/2005)!
    Hosted @ FDC for 9 Years

"The world is ending at midnight, tonight, stay tuned later for more.... and maybe Diane's breasts @ 11!". The news is such a joke, scare tactic load.

Coincidence, or does it seem like they are circling a ranch outside of Santa Maria? Never... something. Honing in perhaps?

Anyhow, I remember growing up in California, and they did seem to come in waves like this every so often.
    Don't you walk thru my words
    You got to show some respect
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

That's why I'm glad I no longer live in that great, but earthquake-infested, state.

I've only experienced maybe 4 quakes in my life time. It all depends on where you live--it's a pretty large state. Only 1 of the four I felt was enough to even notice, and it was a 5.5 or something and we were about 2 miles from the epicenter. Nothing of a big deal, but an affective way to wake you up out of your slumber for sure!

Many over the whole earth alright. Two more big quakes predicted for Indonesia ... seem to be moving southward along their fault line.
    Anyway, ever heard of any major datacenter crashes in the whole history of webhosting?
    "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men."

Did another earthquake happen over night? I read a on the msn a 4th 6.6 earthquake struck but im not sure if that was yesterdays or overnights.

Jeff
    Xoopiter.com:: The new standard in Web Hosting

Originally posted by Xoopiter-Jeff
    Did another earthquake happen over night? I read a on the msn a 4th 6.6 earthquake struck but im not sure if that was yesterdays or overnights.

Jeff
    Yes, another on off the coast of No Ca.
    I did a hard refresh on my browser... I thought it pulled the news page up from cache, lol.
    You got to show some respect
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

Earthquake Thoughts? - I did not feel it - out in Encino. but it looks like CA is getting its share as well as up and down the entire coast

I'm about 70 to 90 miles inland from the coast and was in the hot tub last night with my wife and asked if she felt a thud. I guess it was a quake. It was only a quick thus here, but it's hard to tell in a hot tub.

http://pasadena.wr.usgs.gov/shake/ca/

Seems, several big earthquakes happened these weeks in California.
    I'm considering move to Datacenter in San Jose area.
    This news did worry me somewhat.

"All of those quakes" are really only two. The one in Eureka and the one down south. The others were just aftershocks of each of them in the same areas. The only question is if one kicked off the other. Also, if anything, it probably relieved pressure. Nothing abnormal is happening and the risks/changes of something larger or any significant amount more are no more likely than normal. I'd not worry, but of course i'm no expert.

Originally posted by Tim_Greer
    "All of those quakes" are really only two. The one in Eureka and the one down south. The others were just aftershocks of each of them in the same areas. The only question is if one kicked off the other. Also, if anything, it probably relieved pressure. Nothing abnormal is happening and the risks/changes of something larger or any significant amount more are no more likely than normal. I'd not worry, but of course i'm no expert.
    Thanks for the reply.
    I found the thread http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=394465 is informative as well.