i hate my family

i really hate my family right now

i want someone to help me but no ones willing to help me

theres ants crawling into my house and i want to go buy ant spray to kill them because 99% of them are crawling into my room

so i ask my dad

dad: go ask your sister

so i ask my sister

sister: ask your mom

so i ask my mom

mom: ask your dad

there all useless, then my dad comes up to me and tells me im complaining too much

i really wish i could drive now or something im really pissed off and sad at the same time

so i asked my friend and he said he'd bring me but he cant til 6;30

and so i told my dad atleast my friends are willing to help and he said thats b$

and im just really pssed now

is it wrong for me to be pissed off? i mean i always help my family out, my sisters shy so i take hcare of her when we go out for dinner
    and my parents i help them around the house when they get tired

but since i didnt study last night until 9 o clock my dad refuses to help me now and hes lazy

he said hes too busy to help me

but all hes doing is watching tv

i really hate my family right now ;\
    i wish i could do something but none of them care and they only look out for themselves
    i really hate them
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

By all means, you have right to be mad at your family, but tossing the word hate in there is pretty big.
    I couldn't imagine ever hating somebody in my family unless they put my life in danger knowing it.

If you dad is just watching television, then he should take you. But maybe he's just had a bad day and doesn't feel like driving. After all, driving isn't really fun once you've been doing it for a while.

What where you studying for? Didn't school get out a while ago?

Try offering your sister two dollars to pay for gas, it would work for me if I was your sister.

How far away is this place? Perhaps you could walk/ride a bike?
    Haven't been on WHT for 6 years!

my sister doesnt even pay for her own gas, my parents do

studying for finals, schools not over for another week for me

and now that my grandma called my dad went right out to go bring her somewhere

but he cant spend 20-30 minutes on me bringing me to the store

i'd say its prob 10-15 miles

too far to walk, no bike to ride

how old are you?
    ^_^

10 letter character minimum

why?

You hate your family over ants problem? If I were you, I would solve the ant porblems myself.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

Originally posted by FHDave
    You hate your family over ants problem? If I were you, I would solve the ant porblems myself.
    Did you read the rest of his post?
    He's mad because nobody will drive him to get anti-ant bug spray. He's trying to solve the ant problem himself.
    Haven't been on WHT for 6 years!

I know exactly what you're talking about. I've had the exact same situation, and my dad just tells me he's too busy to take me; my mom usually has a legitimate reason, but often my dad is just browsing the Net and is simply too lazy -- not too "busy".

I doubt any of us are going to make you feel any better, as I know from personal experience. You'll just have to go through the day hating your parents, I suppose. Sometimes, that's just how you're going to feel, but all of you will get over it.

"Lord":

No, you don't have any right to be mad. You throw around the word hate at your family, but you should really look at yourself. You are a selfish child that I would never want to have. It seems like you have to have things your way, and right that instant. The world doesn't revolve around you. Learn some patience!!!
    InterNich LLC
    Founder

Bringing you PicResize.com (More than 95 million pictures resized since 2005)

You hate your parents because they wouldn't get you poison? Times have changed.
    BeeServe
    * Rock solid shared & reseller UK webhosting. No downtime™ *
    Now offering fully managed VPS servers

Originally posted by Nich
    "Lord":

No, you don't have any right to be mad. You throw around the word hate at your family, but you should really look at yourself. You are a selfish child that I would never want to have. It seems like you have to have things your way, and right that instant. The world doesn't revolve around you. Learn some patience!!!
    He's just saying these things out of emotion; he doesn't actually mean them. I've thought and said the same things before, but I've never actually hated my parents; very few have. Your words were a bit harsh, don't you think?

You will get over it, I always do. Ants can be a big problem you know, not to mention the pyschological paranoya that can come from ants. How good would you sleep thinking ants are crawling under your bed? I know they probably do anyway, but once you know that they do, or think they do, then it just gets wierd. There are other measure you can due to help with the ant problem though. Number 1 is to try and stop them from entering your house in the first place, although usually they come in from a place you can't patch/fix (downside of living in a basement...). Either way, life goes on.
    www.kneuf.com
    Proudly Canadian

Nich, i've asked them for three days, but now the problem has grown severely and they still refuse to

it's not like this is my house and im only caring for myself, the ants are going everywhere in the house, my mom refuses to kill them, my dad ignores them, and my sister stays locked up in her room all day, so it doesnt affect any of them i suppose, yet my sisters friends are coming over tomorrow and i can gurantee shes gonna ask me to kill them all and help her clean the house, like the other 70 thousand times she did

i suppose i do want things my way right away, but its not like this is the only helping me, i've asked my dad mom and sister today already for 5 hours, i've been asking since around 12, but none of them want to help

i dont know, i've never been this mad before, not even when i've gotten into direct arguments

its so much more angering when none of them will help me even though it affects all of us because in the end, im gnona have to clean it all up anyway, and they wont help me stop the problem but instead let it grow til i need to spend a whole day just to fix it

@ jeff, dunno what you mean

Originally posted by SniperDevil
    He's just saying these things out of emotion; he doesn't actually mean them. I've thought and said the same things before, but I've never actually hated my parents; very few have. Your words were a bit harsh, don't you think?
    Hi,

Out of emotion or not, a public forum isn't a place to rant on your family. Especially not having a thread called "i hate my family". You have to see his underlying problem for 'hating' his family and it's not because his family won't help him. It's because he wants things done right away. The world doesn't work that way.

His friend said he could pick up a can for him at 6:30pm...which is a good solution, yet this is still unacceptable and he has to 'hate' his family for it. Does it make any sense to you?

This is public, it can't be deleted, it will be here forever. Cool down, cool off, and take a chill pill.
    InterNich LLC
    Founder

Bringing you PicResize.com (More than 95 million pictures resized since 2005)

Originally posted by Nich
    Hi,

Out of emotion or not, a public forum isn't a place to rant on your family. Especially not having a thread called "i hate my family". You have to see his underlying problem for 'hating' his family and it's not because his family won't help him. It's because he wants things done right away. The world doesn't work that way.

His friend said he could pick up a can for him at 6:30pm...which is a good solution, yet this is still unacceptable and he has to 'hate' his family for it. Does it make any sense to you?

This is public, it can't be deleted, it will be here forever. Cool down, cool off, and take a chill pill.
    Who cares if it's public? Obviously not him. I don't think it's your problem that he's gone and made a public thread about how he supposedly "hates" his family (although I have reason to believe he doesn't hate them).

All of us have demanded our way immediately at one time or another, and from what he says, it seems like he really does help his family a lot. I'd be frustrated if I helped somebody, only to be denied the simplest of requests when I needed it most.

It's fine that his friend is going to take him at 6:30, but it seems like he's been at this all day, so, at this point, it's probably more about the principle than it is about whatever he wants.

BTW, telling someone to take a chill pill doesn't help at all.

@ nich, i never said that my friend bringing me at 6:30 was unacceptable

the fact that i told my dad that my friend was gonna come and atleast hes helpful and then my dad was like "yeah, whatever, thats al ie, he's uesless"

i dont know how to do a direct translation into english buts its along the times that they wont actually help me or something

Originally posted by Lord
    i dont know how to do a direct translation into english buts its along the times that they wont actually help me or something
    Oh, for some reason, I always thought you were a native English speaker. Where are you from/do you live?

i was born in new jersey, and i am a native English speaker, but my parents arent and when we get into arguments our conversation usually turns chinese (mandarin)

i was born in new jersey, and i am a native English speaker, but my parents arent and when we get into arguments our conversation usually turns chinese (mandarin)
    Gotcha. It can probably get a bit confusing at times, when you usually speak English but you change to Mandarin when arguing with your parents.

Good luck with solving your ant infestation!

I also hate your family

thanks, my friend should be here in around 5 minutes he said

yeah, i also cant hold grudges :\ after 30-60 minutes im usually completely calm again, so i dont really hate them now, just have that feeling of aftermath dislike; bitter fuel but for the most part im quite happy i guess

and after reading over this, i guess i can see where i comeacross to nich as needy and wanting right away, but i dont know, i have to explain myself, its really frustrating, say for example you walked into a store at 9:59 and it closes at 10:00 but they refuse to let you in/serve you/whatever

that'd be frustrating right? it'll only take 2-3 minutes of their time, yet they dont want to help you

or if you ask someone for directions, and they wont tel you, not because they dont know, but because that 1 minute is more valuable to them then it is in helping you

haha mikeylove that's fine as long as you love me

yeah, i also cant hold grudges :\ after 30-60 minutes im usually completely calm again, so i dont really hate them now, just have that feeling of aftermath dislike; bitter fuel but for the most part im quite happy i guess

and after reading over this, i guess i can see where i comeacross to nich as needy and wanting right away, but i dont know, i have to explain myself, its really frustrating, say for example you walked into a store at 9:59 and it closes at 10:00 but they refuse to let you in/serve you/whatever

that'd be frustrating right? it'll only take 2-3 minutes of their time, yet they dont want to help you

or if you ask someone for directions, and they wont tel you, not because they dont know, but because that 1 minute is more valuable to them then it is in helping you
    I'm glad you've recovered.

I would say most of us post our problems on forums (like this) and just because his problem seems like one that you can't relate with since you are ALL GROWN UP AND HAVE GROWN UP PROBLEMS (lol. i'm sounding so childish right now) doesn't mean u have to chatise him.

I understand the chinese family thing about translating things.. some things are just better left untranslated because when you put it in english, it sounds really.. pathetic?

I drive now and it's definitely better knowing you can go anywhere and pretty much fix anything (that requires travelling..).

Though usually, my parents aren't as bad as yours. But I think it's a girl's thing. Guys are supposed to be tough! and not care about ants!! come on! But spiders are another thing :\ I see one in my room and even after my dad kills it, I still have this feeling of spiders .. and every tingle/itch.. it feels like a spider is on me.

But whatever. I'm going on and on. I'm glad you feel better and just wanted to say you are not alone.
    remy

I thought this was some sort of poem by e.e. cummings written in lower case. Seemed a bit surreal and kind of made me laugh.

Don't mean to make light. Our family pushes our buttons in ways nobody else can. I revert back to a 16 year old kid everytime I'm around my Mom. I think it's because I left home for college at 18 and haven't lived in TX since so my relationship with my family is stunted in 1986. I wish I had that time travel machine from Napoleon Dynamite so I could go back...
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

if your family werent willing to help you should of guided the ants to there rooms, im sure they would get your ant killer quickly then
    http://www.goodridgeelec.com
    Electrical Contractors, West Midlands, UK

Free advice.

Grow up. Clean your room and maybe the ants won't be so attracted to it.

A public forum is no place to come and disrespect your family. You should be ashamed. I don't care how old you are.

I used to kill em with Windex, or if you have an empty bottle just fill it with soap and water and spray it on them. Also make sure the floors are clean, watch where the ants are going there must be something attracting them.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed and Self-Managed hosting solutions
    Toll free: 1.888.915.4400 / Local: 1.514.316.1885 / Live chat
    Cloud VPS Hosting

Originally posted by jasong
    Did you read the rest of his post?
    He's mad because nobody will drive him to get anti-ant bug spray. He's trying to solve the ant problem himself.
    It's still over ant problems ... If there were no ants, there would be nobody he would be hating at.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

Originally posted by blue27
    Clean your room and maybe the ants won't be so attracted to it.
    That's what I was thinking, if the entire house had ant problems, there would be prevention in place. So who is lazy? Your family because they won't drive to the store to get bug spray, or you who keeps his room in such a state that ants invade?
    If you don’t like the road you’re walking on, start paving a new one.

We've got an Ant problem in our consevatory...not because it's messy, it's cleaned twice daily for cry out loud...it's just the ants like it there. We would put stuff down, but we don't want out pet chickens coming in and eating the posions..may try using the chickens as a preditor to the ants though

I think everyone gets in problems when they 'hate' their parents...after a little bit you'll just calm down but still be peeved with them!

btw: Is your room messy? I'd redirect them to your parents room...could be a fun little challenge
    Web Handyman - Website and Internet Marketing Service

I dont really agree with the one or two people who replied in here basically saying this guy should be ashamed for disrespecting his family and that hes all at fault for being lazy. If this kid is telling the truth and not exagerating like most people do then he has a right to at least be angry at them. I used to have this problem with my parents too at time.

Actually, if I had a kid that was 16 or 17 and I was being a lazy a..... that day, I would expect him to tell me I am because if I have the right to yell at him for being lazy then I want him to be able to at least let his feelings be known to me (Although it might be safer for him to wait a day or two for when I am feeling normal again to tell me that I was being an a...). Now that does not mean I will get up and do it for him if I was not feeling like it but I would understand his anger and offer to help him another day. I think the parents who demand respect from their children and expect them to do whatever they want despite the fact that sometimes their children are in the right and the parent is in the wrong, are misguided and need to step back a bit. Once a child gets to the age of like 16 or 17, they are old enough to know if they are truly in the right and the parent is in the wrong and they have the right to speak up and be angry at them and the parent should be the one who feels ashamed, not the child. But hey, my opinon is probably the minority.

Anyway back to the ant problem. If I were you I would get the bug spray for just my room and then seal off my room. That way the ants will invade the rest of the house, and when your parents ask you for help (Or for that bugspray that worked so well) you can give it to them, but point out that they were wrong earlier to not have helped you but because you are such a nice guy you will help them anyway (They are your parents afterall).
    Web Hosting: BlueCapacity.com
    Image Hosting: iownjoo.com
    AIM: bluecapacity | Email: Webmaster at bluecapacity.com

it is something like an story, i donot think parents ignore their sun so much.

My parents are so affectinate to me, and do what ever i say is right.

Originally posted by spechackers
    it is something like an story, i donot think parents ignore their sun so much.

My parents are so affectinate to me, and do what ever i say is right.
    only child?
    remy

Originally posted by ANGELremy
    only child?
    Was just thinking that
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management • Search Engine Optimization • Pay Per Click • Email Marketing

actually the reason they came into my room
    (Don't get mad at me wlan fans )

is because my cousin just moved in(for the summer) and doesn't have a wlan card, and so shes connected to the router by a wire and it goes from my room to her room, and the wire actually hits the edge of the stairs, where the stairs end and the ants basically walk under the red wire into my room

Just buy him a card from newegg. Man I love those guys. They shipped me a wlan card from NJ in two days all the way to cali. Anyway you're an asian family and that means it'll be tougher for you (higher expectations). Just keep working and when you move out never speak to your family again and make a brick wall. You've got two more years before they kick you out onto the street so live it up and roll with the punches. That or start helping an insane amount so your parents get all confused and can't figure out why you are being so helpful.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

webhosting industry in a nutshell

haha mikeylove that's fine as long as you love me

I suggest using Windex or a window cleaner if you dont have bug spray Works for me (one day I couldnt find the spray so I used windex, my mom comes and sees me and hands me the spray telling me it was behind the windex bottle :x)

Shoot.... just kill the ants 1 by 1