Thumbs up Ev1servers.net 1 week review

just want to say I looked around at a lot of different places for dedicated servers and I'm glad I went with ev1servers.net. I have used the support multiple times to get things like urchin stats, and to upgrade my server (decided to go to pentium 4 rather than celeron) and their support is good, fast, and friendly. Rick Greer sales team lead was very helpful on getting my server transferred.

EV1 is a good shop... no questioning that.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

When I was originally with them (for personal servers) they were always "reliable", no matter what they were there but support slowly began to degrade.

Hopefully the same doesn't occur to you itweb, but good luck with them.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Hmmm.... I thought official EV1 policy precluded "upgrades" other than buying a new server, transferring content and cancelling the old one? (pretty much do it all yourself without any help and pay them double fees for a month). At least that's my understanding of it. I guess that may have changed recently as my experience with EV1 goes back a few years.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

From time to time EV1 does offer in-place server upgrades as special deals.

They also provide RAM and drive upgrades but to get a new server typically requires a migration and IP change.

We save you time, money, and frustration by handling the server management tasks required to run an online business successfully.
    No prodding required. We just do it right the first time. Red Hat, MySQL, Plesk, and cPanel certified staff.

Originally posted by huck
    From time to time EV1 does offer in-place server upgrades as special deals.

They also provide RAM and drive upgrades but to get a new server typically requires a migration and IP change.
    I think this is a rather unremarkable remark. I think this industry standard practice, unless you want to name providers that will upgrade you to bigger hardware for free.
    Ray Womack @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

I think MANY here I talking about the old EV1servers. EV1 is no longer a discount provider and can do almost anything you want that's not on their website. Just talk to their custom orders department and they'll fix you up
    ManageMyServices was sold by me in September 2009. I no longer have any affiliation with this company.

Originally posted by Laws
    I think MANY here I talking about the old EV1servers. EV1 is no longer a discount provider and can do almost anything you want that's not on their website. Just talk to their custom orders department and they'll fix you up
    I just noticed something like that on a WHIR print ad on the back of this months issue.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!