Hybrid View

Bad experience with LiquidWeb

We got a server with LiquidWeb and today is the 3rd problems w/ hardware failure. The first one was the SCSI drive replaced, then the 2nd NIC, today the SCSI controller.

The server I have is the one they got double memory promo a while ago. Dual Opteron 244, 4GB RAM, 73GB SCSI, quite powerful yet so many failure.

What do you think? Should I continue the business with LiquidWeb or take it somewhere else?

Re: Bad experience with LiquidWeb

Hardware failures do happen.

More important is: Did they perform the hardware replacement within the 2 hours hardware replacement SLA guarantee they offer?

Also, did they realize of the hardware failure by themselves and did they perform the replacement proactively?

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues. All of the hardware used in your server was brand new, high quality hardware. Failures like this, especially multiple failures are very rare. We are looking into the cause and will keep you updated on the ticket you have open.
    Zac Cogswell / CEI
    Formerly known as WiredTree Zac

Apolo brought up some good points which, by answering, would help in making any suggestions.

Zac has posted also so it seems LW is aware of the situation and ontop of it. I would determine if the SCSI controller is hardware as that is better than a software controller.
    PotentProducts.com - for all your Hosting needs
    Helping people Host, Create and Maintain their Web Site
    ServerAdmin Services also available

I think it is in your best interest to stay put.
    Ray Womack @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

I'd stay put.

Service and support are always going to be more important than hardware. Liquidweb uses good hardware so failure is rare but, many parts can be DOA from the factory (I have horror stories to tell about printers and hard drives at Office Depot..).

I would stick around. I've been with liquidweb for a while, and have 3 servers with them now. I can tell you from experience, you WON'T find a better team of individuals.
    Imeanwebhosting.com - Shared cpanel hosting, 99.9% uptime.
    10 min average ticket responses, softaculous, rvsitebuilder, and more!
    Reliable, affordable shared hosting. I Mean Web Hosting!