* Looking for dedicated server.

I need a dedicated server with such:
    At least dual xeon 2.2ghz or higher
    At least 1024mb ecc ram
    Only need 60gb of storage
    Minimum of 1000gb of Bandwidth (more is better)
    need to be able to add on cpanel/whm

Anyone have any suggestions?
    If you have any more specs questions please ask.

networkingtech,

I've personally had the best of experience with steadfastnetworks.com
    I get a dual xeon, 2.## with 2gigs of ram, 1TB of bandiwdth, cpanel/whm and a few hundred gigs of storage (main drive + backup) all for less than I paid at ev1 for a p4 with some addons.

I would highly recommend taking a look into them.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused — For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Cool thanks.

no offense but ive seen cheaper

networkingtech,

You hadn't mentioned budget, or that price was any problem at all.
    And I'm not really into "cheap" - I go for quality (even though anything I rent is for personal use).
    David
    Web hosting by Fused — For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Yes but quality doesnt always have to be expensive and beleive me i wont by anything of mine unless its 10-20dollars more than the competitors.

I'm suprised nobody has mentioned www.servermatrix.com

Dual 2.4GHz Xeon
    2 x 80GB Drives
    1024MB RAM
    1200GB Bandwidth
    Private VLAN
    Red Hat, FreeBSD, Windows
    Orbitâ„¢ Customer Portal
    $199 Monthly / $99 Setup
    $209 Monthly / $49 Setup
    $219 Monthly / $0 Setup

Good luck!

wow thanks datruesurfer i think i might go with them im not sure yet

networkingtech,

Quality can be affordable - it doesn't need to cost an arm and a leg, but I enjoy my level3 and savvis that I get from steadfast.

That said there are lots of providers out there, all sorts of pricing/hardware/network quality.

Research before choosing any specific one.
    David

Originally posted by networkingtech
    wow thanks datruesurfer i think i might go with them im not sure yet
    Mods, I'm not advertising here or anything. I am just correcting the idea that we are expensive, which has been expressed here.

I'm just wondering why you say for us that you can get something cheaper, but then are presented with the ServerMatrix pricing, which is more expensive/same price ($199 a month + $99 setup vs. $199.95 a month + $49.95 setup) you say, "wow thanks."
    Karl Zimmerman - Steadfast: Managed Dedicated Servers and Premium Colocation
    karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
    Now Open in New Jersey! - Contact us for New Jersey colocation or dedicated servers

Originally posted by KarlZimmer
    Mods, I'm not advertising here or anything. I am just correcting the idea that we are expensive, which has been expressed here.

I'm just wondering why you say for us that you can get something cheaper, but then are presented with the ServerMatrix pricing, which is more expensive/same price ($199 a month + $99 setup vs. $199.95 a month + $49.95 setup) you say, "wow thanks."
    Hehe I don't get the either. I've never used SteadFastNetworks, but have used SM.

The difference I see is that SFN looks like they're willing to help you more. TP is a much larger company, so has a lot of good quality providers with a mutli gig network of 20 gbps. SFN is smaller, but still of good quality. I'd reccomend you stay away from SM, they are really bad these days, SFN could be a good alternative

SFN is probably the one of the most recommended companies here, and I don't think I've ever seen a complaint against them. Not that Theplanet/SM is bad, but I don't think their level of support/network would compare with steadfast.

I said wow because sever matrix offers a 100mb uplink alot cheaper than SFN.

Originally posted by networkingtech
    I said wow because sever matrix offers a 100mb uplink alot cheaper than SFN.
    Our 1000GB servers on the premium network come standard with 100 mbit/sec uplink while SM charges an additional $10 for a 100 mbit/sec uplink. I don't see how SM is cheaper there either.
    Karl Zimmerman - Steadfast: Managed Dedicated Servers and Premium Colocation
    karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
    Now Open in New Jersey! - Contact us for New Jersey colocation or dedicated servers

hey... you might also want to try the dedicated server from 1and1.. its what i use now and i am very satisfied...

tc

You might want to take a look at iWeb.ca. Talk to them and they may offer you more than 1000GB bandwidth free of charge.
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

Originally posted by isplhost.net
    hey... you might also want to try the dedicated server from 1and1.. its what i use now and i am very satisfied...

tc
    1and1 has absolutely horrible service. Have you tried to email them about issues?

You should go with opterons instead of xeons

Steadfast has a 100% uptime SLA. ServerMatrix has 99% uptime SLA.

If you have downtime with Steadfast, a simple email with documentation will get you a credit.

With ServerMatrix you will open a ticket with documentation, they will say "no", open another ticket and get another "no". Eventually you will give up because it's not worth the time.

ServerMatrix seems to like saying "God did it" whenever you contact them for an SLA credit.

I've had to take advantage of Steadfast's SLA the first month I was with them (traded the SLA credit for a 120 gig drive upgrade), since then I've never had to request any SLA credits as there has been absolutely no network downtime.

Flawless.
    David

actually.. i too am in need of a dedicated server but could not find a very good one. The best thing about 1and1 is that they do not have a restrt or re-image limited .. and a good bandwidhth of 1500 GB aND 8 ips and more than 10 gb of ftp backup. ANd yes also free geotrust sll pro certificates.

services is not an issue because i have a self managed server... so i am responsible.. dont ask them about how set up your own nameserver... ask them is your plesk wont work.. and you will get a responce in 3 days (yeah! its too slow... one problem)

but because it is a self managed server.. we cant blame them...

anyway.. if ou have any other server service in mind.. please suggest...