Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I want to start a hosting company

Hello,

My name is Travis and I need help with starting a hosting company. I will be paying for a server with 5 IPs, Cpanel/WHM, and 1500GB of transfer a month.

Does anyone know if there are sites to download support ticket, and other important scripts?

Please help if you can.

BTW: I have about 20 clients as a starting client base so far.
    $7/month x 20 = $140 from clients per month (hopefully)

Thanks,
    Travis
    Last edited by TWC - Travis; 06-11-2005 at 07:14 AM.

Go to hotscripts.com , they have some goog scripts, free and paid.

20 clients is a nice base to start off on. Good luck with everything.
    Custom Cloud Solutions - innoix.com

Originally posted by Bakie
    Go to hotscripts.com , they have some goog scripts, free and paid.

20 clients is a nice base to start off on. Good luck with everything.
    Thanks, I found some good VPS deals as well that might work for me. I obviously need a stable client base if I'm going to be paying $100-200 per month.

Does anyone think this would work well?

:

http://www.phpsupporttickets.com/

yes, you just need a good customer base and all the best to you

Or Use HSphere instead ... included support and automated billing scripts. It will make your life easier.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

For a helpdesk system use ExoPHPDesk: http://exoscripts.com/

You should try HCL. helpcenterlive.com i think it is. It offers traffic statistics. Trouble tickets and popup requests.

well you can use kayako esupport system or helpcenterlive.com which is also good.

You're not thinking this through. You need a good solid business plan BEFORE you jump in and start a company. Sounds like you're just winging it, if you already have clients and no HelpDesk.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Make sure getting a dedicated server wich is manged when you arn;t able to manage it yourself.

You could try OSTicket for the help desk

http://www.osticket.com/

Sounds like you're just winging it, if you already have clients and no HelpDesk.
    Perhaps, and here I'm just guessing, he knows that he's going to be OK even with support by email in the beginning, but he's planning for a bigger, brighter future as well...

Anyway, I know that you Tina are a firm believer in the power of well thought out business plans, and you're definitely right.

Originally posted by ldcdc
    Perhaps, and here I'm just guessing, he knows that he's going to be OK even with support by email in the beginning, but he's planning for a bigger, brighter future as well...

Anyway, I know that you Tina are a firm believer in the power of well thought out business plans, and you're definitely right.
    I'm definately not winging it. I've had a hosting business before, but I rented out a server instead of owning one. While I know its a big difference to be the sole manager of a server, I do have a business plan more or less.

(...)I do have a business plan more or less.
    Tina's going to get you for that "more or less" thingy.

I didn't need a helpdesk because I have IM and check my email constantly. Please tell me why it doesn't sound like I have a plan?

I didn't need a helpdesk because I have IM and check my email constantly.
    And what happens when you are several hundred clients? Getting a helpdesk setup at the start will make things a lot easier in the future. How about when you need to hire someone else to help provide support, how are they gonna see the e-mail as well and make sure you don't all reply to the same things.
    Steve

ExoPHPDesk is a nice free one, and Kayako is a great paid one. You can also use one such as the one built into ClientExec, or another billing application.

But you really do need to get better organized, it will really help you in the long run.

Do you have a billing manager, such as ModernBill or ClientExec?
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Including an RSS feed that you can syndicate!
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Unlimited vs. Unmetered bandwidth

Originally posted by HostingInsider
    ExoPHPDesk is a nice free one, and Kayako is a great paid one. You can also use one such as the one built into ClientExec, or another billing application.

But you really do need to get better organized, it will really help you in the long run.

Do you have a billing manager, such as ModernBill or ClientExec?
    No I don't, I will be doing it mostly through Pay Pal. Can you link me to those?

Nah, I'm too tired today.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Originally posted by Vortex-Steve
    And what happens when you are several hundred clients? Getting a helpdesk setup at the start will make things a lot easier in the future. How about when you need to hire someone else to help provide support, how are they gonna see the e-mail as well and make sure you don't all reply to the same things.
    I know that. That's why I'm gettting a support system. I thought about all of this before I even considered buying a server. I had about 10 clients before and they never really had any problems and when they did I didn't need a ticket system. But obviously if I start a business I'll need a ticket system.

Geez guys .. lay off the newbie

You all sound like you started with a master plan, CMS's, contracts and lawyers, most of the hosts in here started with nothing but a reseller account and a prayer.

Blazin, good luck man, it's a tought business your about to embark on.
    Carlos Rego
    OnApp CVO

The Cloud Engine

Email is fine by now, but get a help desk or live person or ticket support, i think many people are judgin yours plans cause you didn't have a helpdesk before you started offering hosting services, that may be the main reasong people are judging your plans, but to me you look like you really want this hosting service enough for you to ask people for help a normal careles person would be like whatever email and thats it, but you look like you want to move forward , so best of luck and allthoug i can't really give you ideas of a ticketin or help desk service since i really have no experience in web hosting you could simply go right no wwith a php ticketing service and ask your clients to tell you what they think of it, if they don't like it then well try with other people here might recomend to you, best of all luck to you, email me if you need help or anything with website ,

CellShade.

Good luck with your webhost. I have noticed many hosts choose http://www.kayako.com/ as their support ticket management script. It's not free unfortunately.

Originally posted by CretaForce
    For a helpdesk system use ExoPHPDesk: http://exoscripts.com/
    I must say this script is a great script for being free. I am testing it out, and say I like what I see so far. Though a person I know used it last year and he said it broke on him and he could never fix it. So who knows.

If you want a great feature filled support ticket system them Kayako eSupport is the way to go in my opinion. With v3 coming out soon it'll be simply amazing. You can bundle it with their live support program for $35/month which is a really good price I think anyways.

As for free I like ExoPHPDesk personally and recommend it to resellers
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and Cloud Hosting
    PHP 5.2.x - PHP 8.1.X Support!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast