World Pay Charges

Hi

Does anyone have rough idea of charges that worldpay have? It says on their site that I can request a quote and I may go ahead and do that but just wondered if anyone has any experience of them.

Do they charge differently depending on the project and whats involved? On their site they mention that there is a setup fee plus a monthly free and a payment which is a percentage of the transaction amount. Can anyone who use them at the moment give an example of what they paid / are paying?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    Phil

There's a setup fee to pay (quite a lot)

transaction wise,

http://www.worldpay.com/usa_en/sme/i...go=sme_pricing

3.25 % + 0.40 fee for USD currency charges per transaction
    Linux System admin (since 2001)
    * cPanel/WHM, Directadmin, Apache, DNS, PHP, HyperVM, Lxadmin, Openvz*

I am based in the UK but thanks that gives me an idea of some things as the prices are probably the same when converted to GBP. It doesnt look like the cheapest service around does it.

I have also been looking at 2checkout.com but there seems to be a lot of bad comments on this board about them.

WorldPay is surely not the cheapest if not one of the more expensive Payment Processor. But we have been using it for several years now , it is so reliable we never think of changing it.

Yeah that is what I heard. Ive looked at several peoples comments about and also used the system myswlf when I have bought something off the net.

If you are in the U.K., you may also want to consider Barclay's merchant services. I have heard a lot of good things about them from other folks in the U.K.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

Worldpay worthy their setup fees - no question about it. From 3rd party merchant account they are the BEST.

We been using - 2CO, PayPal and Paysystems (which is closed now) - all of them not even close to Worldpay.

Originally posted by Immulsifier
    I am based in the UK but thanks that gives me an idea of some things as the prices are probably the same when converted to GBP. It doesnt look like the cheapest service around does it.

I have also been looking at 2checkout.com but there seems to be a lot of bad comments on this board about them.

Originally posted by cdgcommerce
    If you are in the U.K., you may also want to consider Barclay's merchant services. I have heard a lot of good things about them from other folks in the U.K.
    I may check that out actually and see what they can provide. is there a website I can look at or is it a question of going to a branch? The latter is not a problem as I bank with them anyway

Barclay

barclaycardmerchantservices.co.uk

some other ones...

metacharge.com

optimalpayments.co.uk

Originally posted by steven-v
    Worldpay worthy their setup fees - no question about it. From 3rd party merchant account they are the BEST.
    I agreed. In term of reliability and customer support , they are good.
    Linux System admin (since 2001)
    * cPanel/WHM, Directadmin, Apache, DNS, PHP, HyperVM, Lxadmin, Openvz*

customer support is not good you have to wait 24 hrs to get a email reply.
    HttP://Hb9.NET*Hosting Box 9.network*Topnotch Dedicated Servers (Hosting Accelerator ,Cpanel, PLESK)Shared hosting, Reseller Packages with Hosting Accelerator ,Cpanel, PLESK. Wataa Packages WOW
    Oh Everything ?? yes yes check it out, Just type www.hb9.net
    Real 24 Hrs Live support. Yahoo: godedicated

Worldpay

Worldpay is a solid constant in a playingfield which is littered with fly by night 3pp's .

The negatives...

They are slightly expensive in setup and running cost and do not have a particularerly good discount rate, the customerservice is good but not among the fastest.

The positives.......

You get your money when you are supposed to, they have a solid reputation among online shoppers which again will reflect positive on your site and also possible your sales figures.

The also offer a guarantee/insurance as an extra option, this is a 2 way guarantee both for the shop and for the shopper.

They also do offer a virtual terminal and a recurring billing solution.

They have several different integration metodes available and good documentation.

They have a very good online admin control-panel.

They accept merchants from most countries worldwide.

A note - Be aware that their rates differ quite alot according to which country you are from.

That said, in quite a few countries you might get a better deal on checking cc online by getting a merchant account at your local business bank and then aquiering a payment gateway provider which has a solution compatible with your merchant account.
    Last edited by fun2fun; 06-17-2005 at 02:53 AM.

Thanks for the advice so far. Looks like the general feeling is that Worldpay are good put expensive. Having said that you get what you pay for normally

worldpay charges is good as i think