Unhappy Cambodian School Siege Ends; Canadian Boy Killed

Cambodian School Siege Ends; Canadian Boy Killed, AP Says
    June 16 (Bloomberg) -- A Canadian boy was killed after gunmen seized dozens of children at the Siem Reap International School in northwestern Cambodia, before police ended a standoff, the Associated Press said, citing Cambodian officials.

The attackers stormed the school early today, and demanded money, weapons and a vehicle, threatening to kill the children one by one, AP said. They killed the boy, aged 3, when their demands weren't met, before police raided the school, AP said, citing Information Minister Khieu Kanharith.

Four men, at least one of them injured, were taken into custody after the siege, AP said. While 30 hostages were freed during the standoff, the men initially took about 70 people, including three teachers and children from countries including Australia, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, the U.K. and the U.S., AP said.

Kanharith said the men may have carried out the attack to hurt Cambodia's tourist industry, AP reported. The temples of Angkor Wat, near Siem Reap, are a popular tourist destination in Cambodia, where kidnappings for ransom are common.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...efer=australia

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

They wanted a ransom of 1000 $ and a car....

bastards, I hope Cambodia has the electric chair, because thats where these men belong.
    Kerry Jones

They have no electric chair, but i bet these guys will be executed. Cambodia tries to build a tourist industry, and I do not think, that things like that will be tolerated

Originally posted by akany
    They wanted a ransom of 1000 $ and a car....
    And a 3 year old died for that?? I hope they roast those b*stards over an open fire.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.