Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

* fully automated reseller plan needed

Hi everyone, i wanted to start a reselling business. To be honest with, it is really confusing choosing for the cost effective yet reliable after looking and looking at so many reviews of reseller plans, all the pros and cons.

In terms of automated reseller plan (+ other requirements) that in needed is:
    1. customer are able to sign up from my reseller website and account created & activated automatically as soon as he/she pays via credit card / paypal, etc. (WHM alone can do this? or still need to install WHMautopilot?)
    2. automated monthly/quarterly/yearly billing via clients' prefered credit card, etc.
    3. automated technical customer support (like varhosting.net ?), installed helpdesk?
    4. both linux and windows preferred, but just linux is ok.

as a matter of fact, i needed the reseller system to be as fully automated as possible as i am thinking in the long run, i have to minimise as much costs as possible without jeopardizing quality in order to make the business profitable (and not close down in a year

I've actually managed to "almost" sign up reseller plan with:
    1. hostdepartment
    2. resellerzoom
    3. site5
    4. hostgator
    5. varhosting
    6. DIYhosting
    7. Hostdime

and then backed out due to lack of confidence.

i don't really know who should i choose. but of course i would go with the lowest plan being a beginner and built a good customer base before i move or upgrade.

i've looked at so many reviews that i prefer to have your opinion in regarding who should i choose that meets my requirements. i really really am confused and need to make decisions based on your experiences(uptime / pricing / support) if you have with those 7 companies.

thx in advance.

Hello savvy,

by definition, fully automated, dual platform reseller hosting packages can only really be found with hsphere.

Based on your list above, it doesnt look like you are looking at any hsphere hosts....
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

My only tip would be to checkout what kind of networks those hosts are on. Networks like Yipes, Cogent, and Savvis are fairly slow and have more down time than tier-1 networks.

Based on your list above, it doesnt look like you are looking at any hsphere hosts....
    My apologies, DIY falls under this category...
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Originally posted by CartikaHosting
    Hello savvy,

by definition, fully automated, dual platform reseller hosting packages can only really be found with hsphere.
    What about serverdivision.com ? They also have linux and windows hosting in one reseller package. They have cpanel and helm. If not wrong, billing is also included. I am sure the billing software should be for cpanel and helm right?

What about serverdivision.com ? They also have linux and windows hosting in one reseller package.
    I "think" they accomplish this through 2 separate control panels (helm and cPanel) and 2 separate interfaces. What you asked for was complete automation - and as far as I know, hsphere is the only solution that allows you to allocate linux and windows accounts from a single interface and completely automates and integrates all other functions (ie billing, helpdesk, etc..) - However, if there is another solution that handles this, I apologize and Im certain someone will point out the error of my ways
    www.cartika.com

thanks for the replies guys, as i researched again diy and hostdepartment offers both h-sphere, whilst resellerzoom provides clientexec for automation.

i just came across vortech hosting (another option, another headache ) it seems like they provide h-sphere as well and i haven't came across thread which says they're not good.

but do you guys think that their prices are too high for someone who is just starting up? i mean businesswise (not that i can't afford it lol), i always calculate success at a pessimistic rate.

Also, say if i decided to go ahead with linux only resellerzoom ($10+ budged reseller plan ), based on your opinion: will upgrading to windows & linux platform be a pain (since i have to move to another company which provides both platform)?

regards

Reseller zoom also is a great hosting.
    You should try it.

If you are looking for a good reseller support, then I suggest you must move to reseller zoom
    Techindo.net - Affordable Price Hosting with PHP, MySQL, Reliable speed fail over cluster hosting for high traffic sites.
    Internet Marketing Strategy Resources

I will start my hosting business, too. I'm at ResellerZoom and I'll stay here.

Originally posted by CartikaHosting
    ..and as far as I know, hsphere is the only solution that allows you to allocate linux and windows accounts from a single interface and completely automates and integrates all other functions (ie billing, helpdesk, etc..) - However, if there is another solution that handles this, I apologize and Im certain someone will point out the error of my ways
    You are 100% correct. H-Sphere is the only system in operation that has those capabilities.

The closest to this right now, I guess, would be plesk expand. Though expand really isn't for automation - It is for management.

Simon
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network™.

it looks like with resellerzoom budget and other companies, automation is a matter of purchasing billing software license, they're(rzoom) pretty flexible and are willing to install (at a cost though), which i am looking at Lpanel right now.

but just to make sure (another newbie question from me):
    is Lpanel and H-sphere the same "type" of system?
    just for future planning, in order to get windows clients

thx for the replies

No, I do not believe so..

As rightly said, HSphere is currently the only fully automated system for windows, linux and reseller hosting.
    init.me - Build, Share & Embed

JodoHost.com - Windows VPS Hosting, ASP.NET and SQL Server Hosting
    8th year in Business, 200+ Servers. Microsoft Gold Certified Partner

hi there, so is this correct:

reseller control panel system:
    WHM -linux only
    H-SPhere -linux & windows
    Plesk -linux only
    Helm-windows only?

Billing System (can be integrated to reseller control panel system):
    Lpanel
    WHMautopilot
    ClientExec
    ModernBill
    AWBS

If this is right, then i have to decide whether to initially go with windows&linux platform company or linux-only company with future planning of moving to windows&linux platform company.

is this correct?

No, HSphere has an integrated billing system so you would not need to go for a 3rd party.

Let me also say that a Dual Platform HSphere reseller plan can also be used totally as a Windows reseller plan or totally as a linux reseller plan. It is your choice on how to use the resources within the hsphere reseller plan.
    init.me - Build, Share & Embed

JodoHost.com - Windows VPS Hosting, ASP.NET and SQL Server Hosting
    8th year in Business, 200+ Servers. Microsoft Gold Certified Partner

We provide 2 control panels on 2 different servers. Many clients love CPanel and HELM. We offer what the market demands.

Customers don't really care if they have 2 logon addresses, 1 for linux and 1 for windows.

Customers don't really care if they have 2 logon addresses, 1 for linux and 1 for windows.
    SOME customers may not care. Similarily, some customers may want 3rd party billing solutions with yet another login, manual billing entries, etc, 3rd party helpdesk solutions, with yet another login, etc...

Automation and Integration allow companies to save themselves hundreds of hours of "business maintenance" work - and rather focus their time and their energy on servicing their clients and growing their business.
    www.cartika.com

in regarding automation again:

LPanel, WHM_ap, Modernbill, AWBS as i know they can create account instanly (i tried with AWBS demo) , however, can they ACTIVATE the account instantly(after making payment via credit card)?

for example like this website:

https://secure.hostingbay.net/signup/signup.html

http://www.hostingbay.com.au/faq.html#4

i am trying to dig out what sort of control panel / billing software they are using however if they don't answer me, does anyone know anything about instant account ACTIVATION?

thx for all replies and suggestions, i really appreciate all comments

Savvy,

Many support automated Activation, but I would like to express my opinion on automated activations.

Automated Activation can get you into a world of nightmares, with a very high fraud rate on hosting signup accounts, I would highly recommend you personally moderate EVERY signup for:
    1. Fraud, stolen credit cards or paypal accounts
    2. Spammers
    3. SCAMMERS
    4. 419er, also these are scammers.
    5. General TOS compliance

If you fail to do the above and are processing credit cards, you may end up with a large number of chargebacks due to fraud and not be able to accept credit cards anymore, so please give serious thought to an account moderation and activation policy.

Exclamation

try

resellerspanel.com

you wont have to move a finger

Originally posted by JodoHost(Stephen)
    Savvy,

Many support automated Activation, but I would like to express my opinion on automated activations.

Automated Activation can get you into a world of nightmares, with a very high fraud rate on hosting signup accounts, I would highly recommend you personally moderate EVERY signup for:
    1. Fraud, stolen credit cards or paypal accounts
    2. Spammers
    3. SCAMMERS
    4. 419er, also these are scammers.
    5. General TOS compliance

If you fail to do the above and are processing credit cards, you may end up with a large number of chargebacks due to fraud and not be able to accept credit cards anymore, so please give serious thought to an account moderation and activation policy.
    Stephen, could you elaborate a little more on this problem? What if you use something like 2checkout? do they take care of these kind of problems like fraud?

Thank you.

Stephen, could you elaborate a little more on this problem? What if you use something like 2checkout? do they take care of these kind of problems like fraud?
    Stephen hasnt responded here, so, Ill be presumtious enough to answer this one...

All the various gateways offer some sort of fraud protection - however, the technology simply doesnt exist to effectively weed out fraud orders using any kind of automated solution. Often times, fraudulent orders originate from the same country, and possess all the relavent and accurate billing information - so, the only real way to verify these orders are to call the customer and confirm the order.

We must work through at least 20 fraud orders/month - and almost all of these fradulent orders beat our gateways fraud protection system...

As a provider, I am shocked to still see companies offering instant activation. The price of fraud is simply too high - and the risk of losing your merchant account just isnt worth it. In the 5 years we have been processing transactions for hosting, we have only had 1 chargeback - and this chargeback was a direct result of a fraudulant order that got through. I couldnt even imagine the amount of chargebacks we would have if we allowed instant activation - it just isnt worth the risk -
    www.cartika.com

thanks for the valuable information cartika, got me to think again whether to offer instant activation or not.

does LPanel, H-Sphere, WHMautopilot offers instant account creation & activation?

if YES: is there an option to DISABLE instant account activation on those 3 control panels?

Hello savvy,

Im assuming they all offer instant account activation and they should offer the ability to moderate all account signups.

I can certainly speak for hsphere - which allows for instant account activation and also allows for the ability to moderate all account signups...

Hope this helps..
    www.cartika.com

Unhappy Savvy would you share the name of your webhost?

Hi, just wondering which web hosting service you have picked ...

Originally posted by savvy
    thanks for the valuable information cartika, got me to think again whether to offer instant activation or not.

does LPanel, H-Sphere, WHMautopilot offers instant account creation & activation?

if YES: is there an option to DISABLE instant account activation on those 3 control panels?
    WHMautopilot you can turn off auto-install and recommended.
    Robert Merrihue - President/CEO
    http://www.bethehost.com
    Where resellers become a host on servers we own and operate.
    Web Hosting Since 2000 *** 12+ Years in the hosting industry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast