Staminus Speed Issues? Advice Needed!

I've been trying to figure out whats been going on with my staminus server for some time. My 100mbit server which once used to max out my 4mbit cable connection is now behaving like a mediocre T1

Ive tested other servers on staminus and all seem to give me the same speeds, ive tried switching from full to half duplex with no change.

The admin (toro) tells me its my cox.net (my isp). if this is true, what are my options, is there anything i can do? I am located in irvine,CA , the same city as my server and there is no reason to be getting crappy 160-200kps downloads

Here is a link to a file on the server in question.
    http://firepacket.net/files/Fonts.rar
    Can somone please give me some advice? This has been going on for about 3 weeks. HELP!

Strange I just tested your link to a server I have in LA and could only get about 300K but trying from another box at staminus I was able to pull 2MB/s.

yeah staminus to staminus communication seems fine, but outside connection seems to be a lot slower than it should be

No I meant trying from a different Staminus box to my server in LA resulted in 2MB/s versus from your server to my server in LA only getting 300K.

really,
    try using this then:
    http://www.staminus.net/test.10mb

all the staminus servers seem to download the same speed for me

>wget http://www.staminus.net/test.100mb
    --20:40:27-- http://www.staminus.net/test.100mb
    => `test.100mb'
    Resolving www.staminus.net... 72.20.26.126, 72.20.7.5, 72.20.7.6, ...
    Connecting to www.staminus.net[72.20.26.126]:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 100,000,000 [text/plain]

100%[====================================>] 100,000,000 2.13M/s ETA 00:00

20:41:12 (2.11 MB/s) - `test.100mb' saved [100000000/100000000]

how WEIRD. why is my server slower?

paste the wget from my server?

Originally posted by flameboy
    really,
    try using this then:
    http://www.staminus.net/test.10mb

all the staminus servers seem to download the same speed for me
    Connecting to www.staminus.net[72.20.26.125]:80... connected.
    Length: 10,000,000 [text/plain]

100%[========================================================================================>] 10,000,000 865.90K/s ETA 00:00

22:41:21 (865.90 KB/s) - `test.10mb' saved [10000000/10000000]

Staminus to us in chicago

Seems pretty good to me.

Getting 500Kb/s to your box, but thats probably due to others downloading right now at same time.
    GigeNET
    Dedicated Servers + Cloud Servers + Colocation + DDOS Protection + IP Transit with FCP optimized routing
    Locations in Chicago Los Angeles and Ashburn

>wget http://firepacket.net/files/Fonts.rar
    --20:45:05-- http://firepacket.net/files/Fonts.rar
    => `Fonts.rar'
    Resolving firepacket.net... 72.20.3.174
    Connecting to firepacket.net[72.20.3.174]:80... connected.
    Length: 34,651,639 [text/plain]

100%[====================================>] 34,651,639 260.99K/s ETA 00:00

20:47:22 (247.54 KB/s) - `Fonts.rar' saved [34651639/34651639]

WHY IS IT DOING THIS WTF IS GOING ON

im going to kill somone...

ameen: i do the test when nobody else is downloading and it doesnt matter

Check ifconfig for errors and dropped packets.

and do a ethtool eth0
    so we can see what your nic is set too.
    GigeNET
    Dedicated Servers + Cloud Servers + Colocation + DDOS Protection + IP Transit with FCP optimized routing
    Locations in Chicago Los Angeles and Ashburn

I'd suggest contacting Staminus and have them check your NIC and the switch your on.

What a fantastic thread. Rather than performing tests yourself, you wrongfully assume that "outside connection seems to be a lot slower than it should be". Your thread topic is misleading to potential customers and your rash assumptions make you look uninformed and irresponsible.

We have handled countless customer duplex and port speed negotiation issues which often result in unidirectional or bi-directional throughput impairment. All of these have contacted us directly via our support system and have had resolution within the same day, if not within the same hour.

A post here simply enlarges the situation to encompass a body of people that have no relation to the situation and need not have their time wasted reading an ultimately pointless thread. It is my opinion that your action be reprimanded for its carelessness.
    Matt Mahvi
    Staminus, Infrastructure DDoS Protection and Appliances
    @ 200+ Gbps global ddos mitigation network. Local or Remote. Proxy, GRE, and direct cross connects.
    @ Available in Amsterdam, New York, Los Angeles and Orange County. Anycast BGP.

I posted here merely to get advice on the issue, and to get speed tests from other locations to see exactly what the issue IS.

I am in no way blaming staminus and didnt plan on posting a ticket untill i knew exactly what was wrong, if anything, with staminus's side.

You're response is very hostile considering I am still a very happy customer and sought only to investigate an issue. Please do not take offense to me using this forum as a medium of discussion. Like i said, i just wanted advice and people to check the speed and offer suggestions seeing as i have no other means to speed test.

It ceased being a medium of discussion when you started the thread with "Staminus Speed Issues?" I am not hostile, simply offended by your rash decision-making in spreading potentially negative propganda. When people read thread lists, many often do not go further into a thread: they simply read the subject and make assumptions.

If you are a customer and need help, use our support system, or even our forum. Do not resort to open forum bashing that leads no where. Afterall, we enjoy helping customers
    Matt Mahvi
    Staminus, Infrastructure DDoS Protection and Appliances
    @ 200+ Gbps global ddos mitigation network. Local or Remote. Proxy, GRE, and direct cross connects.
    @ Available in Amsterdam, New York, Los Angeles and Orange County. Anycast BGP.