Best qmail filter

Hello,

Can anyone please share his expirience with qmail filters?
    Any suggestions,prefrences?
    Best Regards,
    Namesniper

Procmail, maybe? What are you looking for? Are you looking to implement something existing, such as spamassassin or something else, or just anything you can create yourself? Are you looking to scan for incoming viruses or use RBL's, or a combination of some or all of these things?

I have already installed Spamassassin but ia m looking for something which can limit the number of incoming email based ona particular rules for example if xx ip send more than xxx number of emails in xxxx time it will be baned or closed.
    Any expirience with such a filters ?

Originally posted by Tim_Greer
    Procmail, maybe? What are you looking for? Are you looking to implement something existing, such as spamassassin or something else, or just anything you can create yourself? Are you looking to scan for incoming viruses or use RBL's, or a combination of some or all of these things?
    Last edited by NameSniper; 06-16-2005 at 03:10 PM.
    Best Regards,
    Namesniper

I'd just set up a pipe to procmail to do the checking itself, or to then execute a script or program to count how many times it's seen the IP, or subject or whatever you want to filter and block by. What options have you checked out so far, and are you familiar with procmail and how to do the pipes, etc.? What I mean is, where are you at now, or are you just starting to look for a solution?

Bluh procmail

qmailscanner with some custom filters

Tim,

Unfortunally i dont have any expirience with pipes and procmail
    Can you please post the detailed how to or suggest something ?

Originally posted by Tim_Greer
    I'd just set up a pipe to procmail to do the checking itself, or to then execute a script or program to count how many times it's seen the IP, or subject or whatever you want to filter and block by. What options have you checked out so far, and are you familiar with procmail and how to do the pipes, etc.? What I mean is, where are you at now, or are you just starting to look for a solution?
    Best Regards,
    Namesniper

Can you please post more info about both?

Originally posted by ozarkhost
    Bluh procmail

qmailscanner with some custom filters
    Best Regards,
    Namesniper