small reseller and billing?

Hi,

I'm new to all of this ... I'm thinking of starting a design company for small non-profit websites. It looks like reseller hosting would be the best way to manage this, as it would also allow me to offer hosting on the side.

Anyways, I'm currently looking at plans from resellerzoom (because they're established, and I can start cheap) and they don't provide a billing solution for resellers to bill customers. I'm not familiar enough to know what my options are apart from a simple paypal subscription to manage reseller accounts.

What do you guys use, and do you have any other recommendations for comprable hosts?

Thanks.

You expect them to offer a free billing system at those prices? You have the wrong attitude, start out expensive, then make things cheaper as your budget allows you to. You shouldn't find the cheapest reseller just so you can compete on price with some of the top web hosts. You can get a billing system from:
    www.modernbill.com
    www.clientexec.com
    www.agilebill.com
    www.lpanel.net

Thanks,
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

I wouldn't say that my attitude is to find the cheapest host. My view at the moment is that while I don't want to spend more than I have to, I want a decent/reliable host. Resellerzoom seems to be giving me all I need at the moment (apart from the billing), and looks to be reliable from what I've seen here on WHT.

I'd definitely agree that paying more would (most likely) get better service ...I just don't know if I need it.

[edit] Thanks for the billing software suggestions.

If you're not going to have that many clients a simple paypal subscription may be ideal for you with say a spreadsheet to keep track of the accounts information.

Another good program for billing I'd say would be
    http://whmautopilot.com

It's specialized for cPanel but it is quite good. It's pretty cheap but not free.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and Cloud Hosting
    PHP 5.2.x - PHP 8.1.X Support!

reseller zoom says on their site you can addon clientexec billing software for $5.00/mo. Pretty cheap, have no clue how the servies are though.
    Chris Mullins
    http://authenticnetworks.com
    ::Web Hosting Simplified::

Originally posted by sunilonln
    [edit] Thanks for the billing software suggestions.
    Your welcome.

Thanks,
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Hostgator offers whmAP in with their reseller packages, which IMO is a very good billing script. Email their sales dept, they may be still running some specials.

One thing you should note however is that 'bundled' clientexec licenses do not usually come with support, for that you have to pay an extra per month fee to clientexec. So it might not hurt to buy your billing software directly from the developer's website.

That said, Ive tried both clientexec and WHMAutopilot and even though CE lacks a few of the features of WHMAP the interface is soooo easy to use that its hard to turn your back on it.
    Vertivo :: Affordable Web Hosting Packages and Reseller Plans
    We offer affordable and reliable Linux-based Reseller and Shared Hosting Plans. Accepted: All major Credit Cards and PayPal.

Originally posted by Moni-Q
    One thing you should note however is that 'bundled' clientexec licenses do not usually come with support, for that you have to pay an extra per month fee to clientexec. So it might not hurt to buy your billing software directly from the developer's website.
    We provide support for clientexec to our clients. If you purchase CE from a hosting provider you will not be able to get support from CE directly.
    IO Zoom
    https://www.iozoom.com

Have you considered an hsphere reseller solution? You would inherently receive an integrated billing solution, integrated payment gateways (including paypal), integrated helpdesk, registrar service and SSL services...

It appears as though a base cPanel reseller account is cheaper, but, once you factor in all the add-ons, im not sure you're saving that much money - plus - once you factor in the cost savings of complete integration and automation - youre probably coming out ahead....

Just throwing out another option...
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

U will now find hosting providers who offer FREE hosting reselling accounts

email16 that seems like a really bad plan..... not sustainable, not professional, etc, etc

As client exec have effectivly a reseller program where by the more licences you by the cheaper it is you will find a number of hosts offer this. You might also look into whois.cart as a budget solution it's a $30 one off lifetime payment.

Cheers
    Jona

free hosting

If this is non profit would you not consider free hosting?

Si

I'm suprised no one has said this yet, but look into AccountLab, it just came out and looks pretty darn cheap. It's through the site of the makers of Fantastico, take a peak.
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management • Search Engine Optimization • Pay Per Click • Email Marketing

Originally posted by RefreshNet
    I'm suprised no one has said this yet, but look into AccountLab, it just came out and looks pretty darn cheap. It's through the site of the makers of Fantastico, take a peak.
    It's actually free for the rest of June too =)

Thanks,