Thread: Host For Sale

Host For Sale

History:
    I rented a server for a small but bandwidth intensive website of mine that I was running mostly as a hobby. From there I started giving friends accounts as long as they chipped in for server costs. Before I knew it I now have quite a few customers that are relying on a server that was being run as a hobby. They are extremely satisfied and I would always go out of my way to help them however this is not my full time job and don’t feel comfortable having their critical data with me so I am now selling the company.

Customers:

I currently have a total of 14 Shared Hosting and one Dedicated Server Customers. Shared users are on a FreeBSD server with Plesk at The Planet datacenter. The dedicated server customer is using Linux Whitebox with CPanel at the Ezzi.Net Datacenter. They are being billed via 2checkout.

Plan 1 - Monthly - $6.95/Month
    1gb Storage
    10gb Transfer
    7 Customers

Plan 1 - Yearly - $69.95/Year
    1 Customer

Plan 2 - Monthly - $10.95/Month
    2gb Storage
    15gb Transfer
    1 Customer

Plan 3 - Monthly - $14.95
    5gb storage
    25gb Transfer
    3 Customers

Plan 3 - Yearly - $149.50
    1 customer

(There may be slight variations in transfer from customer to customer)

There is a reseller on the Plesk server paying $20/Month for 3gb of storage and 50gb of transfer.

The dedicated client is paying $120/month for a cpanel server at Ezzi.net with management.

I also have an XPanel license as I was looking to offer free, ad supported hosting in the future.

The current recurring costs are:
    $75/Month for the server at Ezzi.net
    $140/Month for the server at The Planet

Customers can easily fit on a reseller account or if you have a current Plesk server which would decrease costs significantly.

From this sale you would get the current companies website, all clients, XPanel Licenses, along with the servers transferred to you if you would like to keep them. I would be very much willing to accept a lower bid if I can be assured my customers will be in good hands and that you would keep them on Plesk. I will also give you all of my contact information and will be available if you have any issues during the transfer. If there are any questions feel free to PM me.

Im will be accepting offers until Friday. The company will be sold to the Best offer/Best host for my customers.

I'll start off with $300

what are the specs of the dedicated client

They are on an XP2400 w/512 Ram and 40 gig hard drive at Ezzi.net. They currently use very few resources and not much bandwidth. We provide all Basic Hosting related services for him along with CPanel support.

Could you please provide more specific information about current disk space usage and bandwidth usage?

Thanks,
    Pierre Grandmaison
    Offering 24/7 Toll Free Telephone Support
    Zenutech Web Hosting
    http://www.zenutech.com

Its hard to an exact amount on Disk Space and Bandwidth usage as I have a few personal things running on the server which consumes a large portion of the servers resources. I estimate that actual client usage of diskspace is between 10 - 15 gigs and bandwidth is well under 300gigs/month.

If you have an existing server for the shared clients total profit comes out to $2242.85 with Dedicated client profit.

Thanks for the answer. Is there a particular reason why the clients should stay hosted on a Plesk control panel? The reason I ask is that we have our own custom built control panel, and I was wondering if this would cause any concerns (because your customers might be tied to Plesk)?

The one reseller that you have, is it also hosted on the same plesk server, or is it an account that you resell from somewhere else? Would he also need to stay on plesk?
    Pierre Grandmaison
    Zenutech Web Hosting

They dont need to stay on plesk but I would prefer that they do as I feel they are already use to the environment.

The reseller is also on the same plesk server however he isnt so much a reseller as he just has alot of websites. He does however have all reseller features.

Thanks again. When will bidding end? (day / time)
    Pierre Grandmaison
    Zenutech Web Hosting

Friday at 5pm. Current high bid is $400. As I said I am looking more for the best suited host to take them and not so much the highest price.

What forms of payment are you accepting?

Thank you,
    Kyle

I would prefer paypal but I would be willing to accept other methods.

how do the customers pay ?
    are all domains use as namervers included in the sale ?
    did you do the end-client domain registrations ? if so at what price and with which registrar ?
    what methods of support do you currently offer the clients, and how many issues per week do they raise on average
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Customers pay through Paypal. Recurring Billing each month. All domains that are used as nameservers are for sale. The clients register their own domains except for one or two. I currently offer just trouble ticket and email support and average about 2 tickets a week.

what are teh server specs for the dedicated client

Thanks for the answers, Othello Technology Systems Ltd are prepared to offer $450 for the clients, website, domains etc as described

We would keep them on Plesk, and the same or better plans, with no price increases for the end user.
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Server Specs for the dedicated client were already described earlier in this thread.

Current high bid is $600

Hi,

How much management is required for the dedicated server. What does it include?

Thanks,
    Pierre Grandmaison
    Zenutech Web Hosting