DirectI Wins Lawsuit Against Dodora

Just thought I'd post an update on the DirectI - Dodora "mess":

DirectI Wins Lawsuit Against Dodora
    14th June 2005

The 10 member jury panel unanimously ruled in DirectI's favor and acknowledged Dodora's claims as baseless., one of the fastest growing ICANN accredited registrars and leading Web Services Company, today announced that it has won the lawsuit brought against it, by Dodora Unified Communications Inc, in the Federal court of Massachusetts. The 10 member jury panel unanimously ruled in DirectI's favor and acknowledged Dodora's claims as baseless.

"Dodora had made 3 claims against DirectI and the jury ruled for DirectI on all 3 counts," said Bhavin Turakhia, CEO & Chairman, DirectI. "We have always practiced firm business ethics and values. We were disappointed when our fellow registrar filed a lawsuit against us without any foundation or foothold to the charges. We respect the jury and the court for taking a fair and just decision."

The CEO and Owner of Dodora, Mr. Ron Garraud, had filed lawsuit against DirectI, seeking damages by falsely claiming that DirectI had taken illegitimate control over its domain names, during the time Dodora was under receivership due to a prior litigation filed against it in Texas. As defendants, DirectI asserted that it was simply working as a contractor of Mr. Michael Bernstein, the receiver appointed in the Texas litigation. The judge and the jury upheld DirectI's claims and pronounced a verdict in favor of DirectI.

"Dodora claimed that we harmed their business by assisting the court receiver," said Divyank Turakhia, President & Director, DirectI. "They had their facts completely wrong. If anything, we actually helped Dodora during the receivership by assisting in the management of its business and supporting its Customers and Resellers. It is only due to our support and service that a majority of those customers remained with Dodora. If it were not for us - there would not be a Dodora today."

DirectI essentially provides a complete ICANN Accredited Registrar Management software solution to various organizations through its consulting arm called LogicBoxes. LogicBoxes software powers the business of several Registrars worldwide. DirectI provided this software and additional support services to Mr. Bernstein who was in control of Dodora from June 2004 to Dec 2004. In Dec 2004, Mr. Ron Garraud, the CEO of Dodora regained control of his company by settling the previous litigation. As part of the settlement he released Mr. Bernstein and the Texas plaintiff from all liability. Mr. Garraud then turned around to file a lawsuit against DirectI for damages.

"It was clear to us that Dodora had no claim against DirectI," said Mr. Dustin Hecker, a Partner at Posternak Blankenstein & Lund, the firm that represented DirectI in this case. "However the case involved several technical concepts and our only challenge was being able to present the entire picture to the jury in a matter of 3 days."

The OC
    Thanks for posting that, Dave

I was wondering whatever happened to that Dodora mess.
    You may delay, but time will not. --- Benjamin Franklin

good job bhavin

seems like ron of dodora was a bit of a mental case anyway
    Domain Maven

I am with dmaven
    AESERVER UAE Hosting & Domains []
    United Arab Emirates' Premier Webhosting & Domain Name Registrar.
    ae Domain Administration ( accredited registrar | Register your .ae today!

gee it seems the domain registration thing is not working, it seems they are doing mortgages now

> We Secure Your Mortgage.
    Domain Maven

DODORA.COM now has sold operations to REG.CA?

Originally posted by JimTsang
    DODORA.COM now has sold operations to REG.CA?
    I do not see that anywhere. One to avoid anyway
    Domain Maven

Canary Islands
    yes, they have any relation whit

i recive this email two days ago....

Yes that is correct.
    You can still use [email protected] but:
    We are in the process of a major update to our system.
    We are now using the website and you should be able to
    use this to obtain your login to the new control panel.
    Info on the API will be available shortly!
    This is very much a beta system but will be rapidly upgraded to a full

If there is anything we can do to help please let me know!

Best regards,
    Apex Registry Inc.

anyway...... finally my last domain is out of them..........9 month fighting whit thems!!

Tony M.