my 6 omonths with micfo

My journey with micfo started 6 months ago and yesterday I have transfered all my domains to another hosting company and cancelled my micfo account.

What happened during this 6 months period. For first three months everything was normal... Reliable servers, working emails etc. Then my first problem occured on April, stats for my sites were down. And unfortunately it was my first time I tried to contact tech support. It took me 2 days to have them solve this problem. They weren't reachable via phone and they didn't answer my ticket. Anyway, somehow they managed the solve the problem. Honestly, It was a big disappointment for me.

Then one of their server ,paris, went down. It took them to make server up and running almost 10 hours and they restored my sites with almost 2 days old backups. I complained about server on WHT and thanks god somebody from micfo who writes here as well saw my post and answered me. We agreed to carry my sites to another server which is suppously more reliable.

Tech support moved my sites to server and here comes another problem. They didn't move any of my invisible files. It means they didn't copy my .htaccess files as well. Unfortunately i was out of town and i found out that after 3 days. So my sites were technically down for 3 days

And the day before yesterday, my sites were down again. I called micfo and they told me server is down due to hardware problems. Ok thats fair enough and I believed the reason that they knew there was a problem with the server it means they were taking care of it. However, It took 26 hours to restore sites on that server. Let me tell you what happened during this 26 hours. Yahoo bot came to the sites again, my sites were already indexed on yahoo, and yahoo bot couldn't find any website on that domain address so they suspended my websites. I used to be at the first place on yahoo for most of the search keywords but know I am not even in yahoo anymore. God knows when yahoo bot will come again. Just because of these the money i have lost yesterday was approximately $150.

I understand that there might be problems with the servers but micfo sure need somebody who knows how to solve problems immediately.

Micfo is a good hosting company if the servers are working fine. However, even if there is a little issue they dont have enough experience to handle te situations.

-s

p.s. hope my new hosting company doesn't give me trouble.

BTW, last time was server down, the restored backups were at least 3 days old.

It good choice to move to another host, Good luck on your new host. Keep posting reviews about new host in 6 month.
    Last edited by W4 Hosting; 06-15-2005 at 10:49 AM.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Serdara,

Good luck with your new host.
    May I ask whom it is?
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

this is great, why they do like this, bad names for their company and reviews for them.

would not recommand them to anyone.

Originally posted by HP-David
    Serdara,

Good luck with your new host.
    May I ask whom it is?
    I rather not to say in this topic which i criticize micfo. If something happens good or bad with the new company I am already gonna share my experiences with you

I've been with them since March 2004 and never have any problems with them.

Just a thought, How do you know Yahoo bot came at that time? if server was down you wouldn't have a log right? Being suspended or taken of directory might be due to many other reasons...

Originally posted by Ashed
    I've been with them since March 2004 and never have any problems with them.
    It all depends on your luck I guess. Some enjoy hosts that others hate.
    David

Serdara, I have heard all about your Micfo-woes. Personally, I have had an excellent experience with them, but all I can say is: Good Luck with your New Host!
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

Originally posted by findtemplates
    Just a thought, How do you know Yahoo bot came at that time? if server was down you wouldn't have a log right? Being suspended or taken of directory might be due to many other reasons...
    My websites were on yahoo and they were ranking well. Then micfo's server went down for 10 hours and next day i wasn't on Yahoo anymore. What would be your guest ? BTW, my webpages are back on Yahoo

Originally posted by Nadabrahma
    Serdara, I have heard all about your Micfo-woes. Personally, I have had an excellent experience with them, but all I can say is: Good Luck with your New Host!
    They made me woes all the time thats why The first minute there is major problem with the server, you'll see dude I hope that time never comes but unfortunately as I mentioned before I have feeling that I have more sysadmin knowledge then some of micfo's sysadmins

BTW, I have attached my new hosting companie's current server status just to let you know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails site5.jpg  

Originally posted by Royalty Hosting
    It all depends on your luck I guess. Some enjoy hosts that others hate.
    Yeah you rigt. One of my very close friend he is with micfo for almost a year. He is really happy. You guys know how it works. Everything is about satisfaction.

Is your new company site5 hosting? Because you kind of gave it away with the name of the attached file.

I didnt know the attached file goes with the same filename in my system. So obviously it is site5

Originally posted by Serdara
    They made me woes all the time thats why The first minute there is major problem with the server, you'll see dude I hope that time never comes but unfortunately as I mentioned before I have feeling that I have more sysadmin knowledge then some of micfo's sysadmins

BTW, I have attached my new hosting companie's current server status just to let you know.
    I don't like being called "dude". BDW you talk about some Micfo "paris" server... I thought their servers were located in Texas....
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

Originally posted by findtemplates
    I got the proof today It is my personal website's search results at yahoo. I captured the image today.

You see what yahoobot indexed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails yahoo-res.jpg  

Originally posted by Nadabrahma
    I don't like being called "dude". BDW you talk about some Micfo "paris" server... I thought their servers were located in Texas....
    More than likely thats the "name" of the server. Not their location.
    Happily hosting @ Dathorn.com (Since 3/2003), Ispeeds.net (Since 2004), & Quadspeedi.net (Since 7/2005)!
    Hosted @ FDC for 9 Years

You can find anything in America, and, apparently, even in Texas: http://www.cityofparistx.com

Yes, they name their servers after big cities, and currently their servers are in Texas.

Just remember, most hosts do not own their own data center, so if a hardware problem occurs, it is up to the data center to repair the servers. If this is the case, the host provider can only wait for the data center to fix the issue. In my opinion, all hosting providers that offer shared hosting will eventually have hardware problems.

Personally I've been burned by hardware issues, and it sucked big time, but its hardly fair to blame the web host.

Originally posted by ChrisTech
    More than likely thats the "name" of the server. Not their location.