Student on assault charge after vomiting on Spanish teacher

only in america..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4094120.stm

A US high school student who vomited on his Spanish teacher has been charged with battery against a school official.

in the 5th grade i threw up on a teacher. Back then, i was really prone to migrains, and those would cause me to throw up. One day, the teacher was walking around, and i just threw up without warning.

If i remember correctly, she was wearing a skirt, and i threw up on her leg.

What the...? That's not right. It was probably just a case of wrong place wrong time. Still we don't know everything, maybe the teen had a noticable dislike for the teacher? Exams can be tough though. In fact, I have one this afternoon, so I better get to reviewing (dang English exam).
    www.kneuf.com
    Proudly Canadian

*sigh* only in the US would we arrest them, in some places they'd just get it over with and kill the kid

President Bush, Sr once vomited on the Japanese Prime Minister.
    It is theoretically possible that vomiting on a teacher could have been done as a prank, possibly with the help of some syrup of ipecac,
    The article says that witnesses say it was intentional. To get a conviction they would have to convince a judge or jury of that beyond a reasonable doubt.

only in america..
    Witnesses claim it was intentional… If it was simply an accident then I’m sure they’d have let it go. We don’t know enough about this story, nor do we know enough about the pupil – Maybe it was well known that the pupil disliked that teacher? Maybe he was well known for playing jokes on teachers and so on?

We don’t really know enough to be able to judge…

Originally posted by Disgruntled
    President Bush, Sr once vomited on the Japanese Prime Minister.
    I've seen the video footage of that. Comedy gold.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

somebody find me an email or a number of the school and i'd like to either shoot them an email or give them a phone call later today.

It is obviously an over reaction.
    Kerry Jones

Originally posted by Kerry Jones
    What, other than your personal biases against school officials and teachers, would lead you to conclude that? Clearly it was determined by police who responded that it was likely intentional. Now the courts get to decide that question... that's the way the system is supposed to work.

Many people don't realize what the legal definition of "battery" is. Spitting on someone could result in a battery charge; there's certainly no reason why vomiting on someone, if it's intentional, couldn't be.

If someone intentionally did that to me, I'd want them punished... if it happened in certain situations I'd probably just take care of that myself, but a teacher doesn't have any option but to rely on the law and the school administration.

There is not enough information in that article to make that statement. Maybe the teacher was standing beside the student's desk when it happened or maybe the student walked up to the teacher and did it. Maybe he deliberately ate something in class that made him throw up. Maybe he told other students what he planned to do. We don't know. Not enough info at this time.

There is not enough information in that article to make that statement. Maybe the teacher was standing beside the student's desk when it happened or maybe the student walked up to the teacher and did it. Maybe he deliberately ate something in class that made him throw up. Maybe he told other students what he planned to do. We don't know. Not enough info at this time.
    Maybe he was walking up to the teacher to say that he was feeling sick and let loose. the same has happen to my niece. she walked up to me and said "my stomach hurts" *vomits*
    Kerry Jones

I say if it was a child, that it would be ok, because hey, accidents do happen... But if you see a teen do it, specialy on purpose then id think not, but accidents do happen though, so it could be possible.

I'd think a 17 year old would know it was "coming" and be able to aim it away from a teacher, an 8 year old being charged would be absolutely outrageous but 17 year old? Hmm smells fishy. They said it was intentional and I'd kinda suspect it was, if so he probably should be punished...
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

14. Never believe everything that you read... Especially if it's from the media. They seem to have a habit of telling half-truths, especially if it makes for great ratings!

According to news reports other students claim that this student had bragged about his intentions to vomit on the teacher. Whether those allegations are accurate, I don't know. The people involved in the case can look for consistency, inconsistency, or ulterior motives. On the face of it it seems reasonable for the authorities to treat this as cause to suspect malicious intent.

Originally posted by akashik
    I've seen the video footage of that. Comedy gold.
    Anyone got a link for that footage?
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!