Thread: DNS issues

DNS issues

Hey all,
    I use CPanel WHM and have for years. This one I cannot figure out...

I had a website on Server A, and moved it to Server B, so I logged into my two nameservers and changed the appropriate info. Now, when you type in thedomain . com it goes straight to the new server files; however, when you type in www . thedomain . com it goes straight to the OLD servers files. Funny thing is, both DNS zones on both servers have www Cname thedomain . com.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, as this is costing me business and is rather embarassing. I already suffered enough traffic moving the servers as it was. Thanks

- Eric

How long has it been since you updated the dns info for the domain? It may take 24 - 72 hours for the dns to fully propagate.
    ~ Nick

It's been about 72 hours right now, coincidentally... :-/

still lookin' for help if anyone's got it

Is just a matter of time, if you changed the nameservers and only have nameservers that point to server B the DNS zone on server A will not be vaalid for that domain once it is totally propagated over the Inet..

Have you dug on the domain to see what state it is in to the rest of the world?

Try this tool here:

http://us.mirror.menandmice.com/cgi-bin/DoDig

If you could post the domain I could research it out but for now I suggest using the dig tool to see if perhaps something is still not right.

Even the best of us mistype or make an error that we may not see.

C
    Mega Hosters Inc. - The Last Host You Will Ever Need!
    Hsphere Control Panel, 24/7 Phone Support, EasyApp, Shared SSL, Daily Backups, Dedicated IPs, PHP4 & PHP5, FFMPEG, Legal Adult Content Allowed + More!
    Treating A Customer The Way They Should Be Treated For Over 5.5 Years Now!

the domain is erlgalleries . com

it's saying that erlgalleries.com points to the right IP with the right nameservers, but that www . erlgalleries . com points to one correct NS and one OLD NS (ns1 . erlnetworks . com), and the wrong IP...