Thumbs up Looking for server

I looking for a 20Mbit+ server host that accept adult movies/pictures and are stored in Europe.

Can anyone recommend some?
    Thanks!
    //Per

Is this to avoid 2257?

Yes, and that I don't like the host I have now.

2257 is going to kill the us market for adult hosting.

if you are hosting adult material you should know all about 2257 regulations. If you don't, you should learn fast. It is really pushing alot of adult sites to seek hosting outside of the us.

This may provide some insight tho those who don't know about the 2257 regulations - http://www.avn.com/index.php?Primary...tent_ID=227697 .

Unless you and the address the domain is registered to are also outside the USA and her territories, switching to an off shore host is not going to be enough to avoid 2257 troubles.

Originally posted by bigvidz
    Yes, and that I don't like the host I have now.

Hi all, thanks for your answers!

I live in EU, so the only thing I need is a webhost lokated in EU. Anymore hosts you can recommend??

Thanks!
    //Per

If you are NOT incorporated in the USA, meaning that your business is in Europe 2257 DOES NOT affect you. That means that you can still host in the USA. I know of some awesome hosts in the USA that I could refer you to.

Where exactly? The EU is rather large these days
    Do you have a budget?

There are loads of French providers that could do this on the cheap, but using FreeIX so beware.

http://www.ctn1.net
    http://www.ovh.com

Rack365 is Irish, iv'e heard quite a good few things about them.

http://www.rack365.ie

That's not true if the server is in the USA then they/content are subject to USA jurisdiction.

Originally posted by TheHstvGuy
    If you are NOT incorporated in the USA, meaning that your business is in Europe 2257 DOES NOT affect you. That means that you can still host in the USA. I know of some awesome hosts in the USA that I could refer you to.

Originally posted by kneadingu
    That's not true if the server is in the USA then they/content are subject to USA jurisdiction.
    My attorney explained to me that if you are incorporated outside of the US the US government cannot do anything to you. You may want to check it out.

My attorney explained to me that if you are incorporated outside of the US the US government cannot do anything to you. You may want to check it out.

may want to look at that, If you conduct business within the united states you are subject to US law. Especially when it comes to 2256/2257. We go accross the world to arrest pedo's what makes you think they won't go after adult sites?

Thats like saying if you live in canada and hire someone to kill somebody in the us, you aren't subject to us laws.

If the server is in the USA or it's territories and it is believed to contain data/content in violation of Federal law you can bet they can do something about the content/server. They may or may not be able to do anything to the owner in a non extradictable jurisdiction but they damn sure can seize that server and/or get that site shut down.

Does anyone know if ctn1.net offers a control panel like Plesk or Cpanel??

Thanks again!
    //Per

Originally posted by kneadingu
    If the server is in the USA or it's territories and it is believed to contain data/content in violation of Federal law you can bet they can do something about the content/server. They may or may not be able to do anything to the owner in a non extradictable jurisdiction but they damn sure can seize that server and/or get that site shut down.
    That is not correct according to the 2257 laws. You can speculate all you want, but the truth of the matter is that with the new 2257 laws if you are not incorporated in the USA you are exempt from the 2257 law. Mike from WebAir did a huge write up on it.

Originally posted by TulipSystems
    2257 is going to kill the us market for adult hosting.
    That is such a bs statement, it is going to go no where near that. The only people moving away are the paranoids or the small $15 a month virtual guys who have no docs for all their pics or thumbs etc. Anyone who is worth anything has been 2257 ready for months now. Its not something that jumped out of the blue. All of the huge sponsor programs hosted here are all ready. any affiliates can then use the sponsor programs own 2257 info, so the affs are protected grandfather style

Originally posted by Jinx_4th
    That is such a bs statement, it is going to go no where near that. The only people moving away are the paranoids or the small $15 a month virtual guys who have no docs for all their pics or thumbs etc. Anyone who is worth anything has been 2257 ready for months now. Its not something that jumped out of the blue. All of the huge sponsor programs hosted here are all ready. any affiliates can then use the sponsor programs own 2257 info, so the affs are protected grandfather style
    You said it best.... I agree.

how about we keep the topic of this thread and not make it a 2257 thread

... Believe it if you want to. What about the unincorporated in another country are you saying they are going to be able to host non compliant content in the USA and the Fed's are not going to be able to do anything about it?? That arguement defies logic. Poessession is stil 9/10 of the law. You are suspected of a crime and you are in the country where you are suspected of said crime. Yet you think are immune to the laws of the country that has apprehended simply because you are a citizen of another country. It's tantamount to giving diplomatic immunity to any and everyone visiting the USA just because they live abroad. Officer you can't give me a ticket or arrest me ... I'm a Costa Rican.

That is not correct according to the 2257 laws. You can speculate all you want, but the truth of the matter is that with the new 2257 laws if you are not incorporated in the USA you are exempt from the 2257 law. Mike from WebAir did a huge write up on it.

As long as you are not a registered US business with a foreign base that is not in bed with the US economically, you are not subject to US commerce regulations ... its common foreign relations // legal knowledge
    ServGrid - www.servgrid.com - Affordable and Reliable SSD Cloud Solutions
    Premium 10G Network, 2(N+1) Powerplant and SSD Performance
    Web, Reseller, KVM VPS, Storage and Private Cloud Hosting
    Click here to see our SSD Benchmarks!