bad experience with liquidweb.com

Hi !

i am looking for 4 dedicated servers for our b2b portal with a very reliable service provider. after reading reviews on WHT about liquidweb, i decided to use their services. so , i sent the email to support@liquidweb.com for a quote on 13 June 9:18 PM GMT +3.

On 13 June 10:31 PM GMT +3 i received a response from Darrel Clute that the request has been forwarded to a manager who will answer me shortly.

i waited for 20 hrs, but did not receive any response. i sent a reminder email to darrel on 14 June 6:04 pm GMT +3

Now it's 15 June 9:07 AM GMT +3 here at the time of posting. but i did not received any reply.

Please correct me is this liquidweb's ussual behaviour ? This is completely differenet from the reviews i have read on wht...

Can you suggest me any other good provider with 100% SLA.

Below is the copy of all the emails sent and received.

-----Original Message-----

Monday, 13 June, 2005 9:18 PM

Hi!

I'm interested to have 4 dedicated servers for our b2b portal. Here are the hardware requirements.

MySQL Server: dual xeon 2.6 ghz , 4 GB RAM, Dual 73 GB SCSI , cpanel
    Webserver: dual xeon 2.6 ghz , 2 GB RAM, Dual 73 GB SCSI , cpanel
    File storage Server: dual xeon 2.6 ghz , 2 GB RAM, 146 GB SCSI
    Mail Server: dual xeon 2.6 ghz , 2 GB RAM, 120 GB SATA

All off these servers should be accessible to outside world and also interconnected with each other so that they can share data very fast.

Please give me the discounted final quotation for them. We need to setup them within 3-4 days. Also tell me will these servers will be fully managed ?

Thank you,

From: Darrel Clute [mailto:211498+mJO4B7dkbo@support.hd.liquidweb.com]
    Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 10:31 PM
    To: jmansoor@siscom.com.sa
    Subject: [Liquid Web, Inc. support ID# 211498] Re: want to purchase 4 servers.

Junaid,

Thank you for your request for quotation. I am forwarding this to a manager that will be better suited in answering your questions.

--

Darrel Clute, CCNP/CCDP/LPIC-1/CLP

System Administrator

Liquid Web, Inc.
    www.liquidweb.com
    support@liquidweb.com

Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 6:04 PM
    To: 'Darrel Clute'
    Subject: RE: [Liquid Web, Inc. support ID# 211498] Re: want to purchase 4 servers.

24 hrs past and I have not received any response until now

I have heard many good things about you on webhostingtalk.com but until now I found things opposite...

Please respond me at your earliest.

Junaid Mansoor
    Research & Development Manager

Why did you e-mail support for a sales quote? Their sales team is not their support team and it is known that their sales response times are not like their support response times. In any event it's your site and you're welcome to host where you want

Check out rackspace.com as they have 100% uptime SLA.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

I called them before sending email and talk to the sales person, he noted down my name and asked me to said email to support@liquidweb.com that is why i sent email to support instead of sales.

rackspace prices are too high.. any other provder with prices like liquidweb but with 100% SLA

Strange that he would say that =/ I have not personally been with LiquidWeb so I can't comment on their services, I know as much as you do about them

Best of luck.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

You sure their e-mail didn't just get caught in your spam filter or something? That happens sometimes, especially with sales-related mail.

I have dealt with them recently and they have always responded promptly, so maybe the problem is on your end.

i have no spam detection on my corporate email which i used to contact them.

FYI!

I just receieved a quote from Phillip Darling, liquid web support service manager with a quote for my requirements.

Hm, that's not really bad experience wasn't it? Sometimes, just give them more time

It's good to know.
    DedicatedPlace.com - The Only Place to be...
    Sales@DedicatedPlace.com * Affordable, No Setup Fee, Fully Managed Dedicated Servers with Daily Remote Backup. External Server Management & Monitoring also available.

btw, Why on earth would you put cpanel on a mysql server?

This is one of the questions i was thinking to discuss on wht.

actually, as liquidweb says, it give full managed support to cpanel servers only. i want to avail their fully managed option as im not solid in server administration.

although the cpanel on mysql server will add some extra services that will not be used, but it will not give any burden on the CPU and will just take little ram only. and the benifit i will get from it will be fully managed services from liquidweb.

please correct me if you think this is wrong strategy

jmansoor,

You can disable some of the 'extra' services that CPanel may add to reduce load on the server.

Thanks,
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business