Thread: PHP 5 hosting

PHP 5 hosting

Greetings,

I know PHP 5 is rather new, when compared to PHP 4, but could someone mention a reliable hosting providing PHP 5 scripting?

Even better - PHP 4.3.10+ *and* PHP 5.0.2+.

All the best,

Konstantin

You could try making a search in WHT.. Good luck!
    Web2.0 Hosting Directory WH-D.com Empowering our users!

Contact JoneSolutions.com > I know they run it on Windows and you can select either PHP versions on a domain basis.

PHP 4.3.10+ *and* PHP 5.0.2+.

Is it possible to run two versions of PHP on the same server? I never such a thing before.

Originally posted by WN-Ali
    PHP 4.3.10+ *and* PHP 5.0.2+.

Is it possible to run two versions of PHP on the same server? I never such a thing before.
    Easy, install HELM + HELM extensions. You can run as many different versions as you like on the 1 server.

Thanks to everyone who responded, I will study what you have suggested.

PHP 4 is the way to go until everything get's sorted out!

You can also search around for Host at HostVoice.com
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

DreamHost give option to enable PHP5

I think that it is better providers to implement the new technology and I'm very curious why most hosts do not install PHP5. I know that some things are not sorted out with PHP5 but that is not the reasont to cut it off as an option.

Best Regards
    Dimitar
    DawHB.com - Web Hosting Blog | VPSHostDir.com - VPS Hosting Media

It think ther lot bug need work on php 5,
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

WebOnce Technologies (http://www.webonce.com) offers a dual PHP4 and 5 solution with their hosting packages. Might pay to PM Jacob (ID: WebOnce) on the boards and see what he can do for you.

HTH.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Originally posted by Elgrande
    PHP 4 is the way to go until everything get's sorted out!
    That's obvious, Just as PHP3 wasn't wiped out instantly when PHP4 appeared. But I have already sofwtare designed for PHP5 only, thus I need a playground different from my local computer.

I know that it is possible to run PHP4 and PHP5 on the same server.

Infact i run it the same way , And so do quite a lot of host's i know.
    You could search around WHT and your probarly find some.

PHP 4 and 5 can definately run together but one will be running (if not both) as a CGI Module which does not all htaccess control functions to be used for PHP.

Many hosts have php5 and the best way to find them would be to search google. Type in PHP5 Web Hosting and you will get a rather large list.

Good luck to ya!
    Off Topic Web Forum - A forum for talking about anything!!
    N.Z. Webmaster Community - Are you from New Zealand? Well signup to our forum!!!!

Originally posted by 4dwebhosting
    PHP 4 and 5 can definately run together but one will be running (if not both) as a CGI Module which does not all htaccess control functions to be used for PHP.

Many hosts have php5 and the best way to find them would be to search google. Type in PHP5 Web Hosting and you will get a rather large list.

Good luck to ya!
    Thanks! CGI mode often allows to use per-directory php.ini, so the .htaccess parameters are not very much of a loss. But yes, I will scan Google.

The reason I posted it here is that WHT is the largest and oldest hosting-discussing community, with big archives.

If you are running PHP as cgi it generally creates a higher cpu load, so be careful. I have been using Westhost for PHP 5.
    PHP Link Directory Script
    My First Profitable Web App
    I am David DuVal

Originally posted by dvduval
    If you are running PHP as cgi it generally creates a higher cpu load, so be careful. I have been using Westhost for PHP 5.
    Generally, yes, 5 to 10 percent minimum higher load. I know, thanks,

I'd stick with PHP4 for now, but if you must go to PHP5, I'd recommend a host that provides both PHP4 and PHP5 installed on the same server just in case.

I must admit, though, that PHP5 is very compelling. The new featues and changes really peak my interest.

If Windows hosting is OK for you then find any host using Helm and Helm Extensions, with multiple versions of PHP installed. You then get to choose which version you want on a site by site basis.
    Mick Beeby
    www.reyaltec.com - Quality Helm Dedicated, Reseller & Shared Windows 2003 Hosting. UK & US based servers.
    www.aspbite.com - Modular ASP Content Management System

Originally posted by mripguru
    WebOnce Technologies (http://www.webonce.com) offers a dual PHP4 and 5 solution with their hosting packages. Might pay to PM Jacob (ID: WebOnce) on the boards and see what he can do for you.

HTH.
    I actually don't charge people to PM me...

Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs