Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Internap experiences?

Hello,

I would like to know who has personally signed a deal with Internap here, and how would you rate there service? What did and didn't you like about the service? Does their performance routing really work, and will you see a big improvement vs something like theplants network? How is their support? Any current prices?

Thank you,
    Kyle

Re: Internap experiences?

Originally posted by KyleLC23
    Hello,

I would like to know who has personally signed a deal with Internap here, and how would you rate there service? What did and didn't you like about the service? Does their performance routing really work, and will you see a big improvement vs something like theplants network? How is their support? Any current prices?

Thank you,
    Kyle
    Kyle,

InterNAP directly has always been pricey. IIRC, it's like $250/Mbps on a smallish commit (5Mbps) or so (last time I actually looked into it, anyways). As far as price vs. performance, InterNAP's intelligent routing really isn't anything that can't be done with hardware at the customer end (i.e. RouteScience box). The Planet's network is probbably comparable to InterNAP's in some fashion, IMHO.

N.B. This was all pre-sales info. from InterNAP and my own thoughts/investigation, this is not based on actual customer experience.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

However, I guess I should add that if your looking for InterNAP in Chicago, you might be able to get a rather decent rate by going to either FastServers or TeamNET.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

I've never used InterNAP, but i've been offered $150/Mbps at no commit, direct. I'm pretty sure that is the more normal pricing for low/no commit.

Originally posted by IRCCo Jeff
    I've never used InterNAP, but i've been offered $150/Mbps at no commit, direct. I'm pretty sure that is the more normal pricing for low/no commit.
    What's the catch? There's gotta be one. $150/Mbps of InterNAP is a bit low from what I've seen. (Well, directly, anyways).

Are dedicated server customers willing to pay the extra cost to have Internap bandwidth?

Thank you,
    Kyle

Are dedicated server customers willing to pay the extra cost to have Internap bandwidth?

Thank you,
    Kyle
    Aside from the gaming community, unless it's cheap - probbably not.

Originally posted by jslivko
    However, I guess I should add that if your looking for InterNAP in Chicago, you might be able to get a rather decent rate by going to either FastServers or TeamNET.
    Except then you won't be in Chicago... Last I checked both are in Iowa.
    Karl Zimmerman - Steadfast: Managed Dedicated Servers and Premium Colocation
    karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
    Now Open in New Jersey! - Contact us for New Jersey colocation or dedicated servers

Originally posted by KarlZimmer
    Except then you won't be in Chicago... Last I checked both are in Iowa.
    But they backhaul to EQX CHI.

With regards to pricing, I have not quoted InterNap recently, but on a 20Mb/sec commit, they were quoting around $200/Mb/sec about 12 months ago.

With regards to their actual quality, we have Internap in the mix currently. There have been some distinct instances where their topology has created issues, eg inbound DDoS over a particular route that saturated their OC3 to Sprint in Denver. I have also seen outbound routing loops occur on twice on particular routes. These routing loops were on internap hops, and their "intelligent" routing system didn't detect them - a ticket had to be opened with their NOC.

That said, something else to consider is redundancy. Even if Internap has 100% uptime SLA (not sure if they do), having your transit from a single provider is never wise. And, once you start adding other providers into the mix with Internap, you will have to definately tweak your BGP setup because any Internap routes will always have one extra AS hop, simply due to the fact that you are using Internap. At this point, you while you have operational redundancy, you probably lose most of the performance impact of their intelligent routing, since you're routing your traffic based on regular old BGP without any sort of intelligent route control. Of course, you can always maintain redundant links to Internap, but this is not truly redundant ...

IMHO, paying a premium for higher performance, and only being able to exact that higher performance if you are single homed, and thus non-redundant, is not worth the extra cost.
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.

Internap performs really well in my experience. On top of high performance, they also push for redundancy throughout. Redundant ethernet drops are standard feature for colo customers, those are of course connected to independent switches/routers.

Their network operations people are very nice, and extremely helpful. They really do go out of their way to make sure your problem is solved promptly, and completely.

Jay,

I understand your point about being single homed to Internap, but if you are a direct customer of internap, and they hand you off two handoffs, each connected to multihomed routers with 5-8 of the top tier one providers, do you still consider that singlehomed quality?

Thank you,
    Kyle

Wow, all of your quotes are a too high

Internap is great. Great NOC people, great uptime, great everything. We have been Internap customers for about 3+ years now and all of our clients love Internap.

And yes, Internap does give 100% uptime SLA. 3+ years with them and I am not sure how much network downtime we have had with Internap thats due to their fault. I think its < 1 minute.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

I wouldn't recommend that, I was there for about 2 months, cant say that I was impressed with the routing, or the stability.

Originally posted by Jay Suds
    With regards to pricing, I have not quoted InterNap recently, but on a 20Mb/sec commit, they were quoting around $200/Mb/sec about 12 months ago..........................we have Internap in the mix currently.
    Ok, you write the check every month. Am I reading between the lines, or you still stuck on $200/mpbs?
    Ray Womack @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

We don't pay them directly, so I can't say. They are part of the mix we receive from Data393, and we got that quote when we were colo shopping. If we were paying them directly, I can definately tell you there's no way I'd be paying so much.

As for being single homed vs dual homed, yes I do think that there is some additional risk of having two hand offs to the same carrier when compared to having two hand offs to two completely different carriers. While the risk of something particuarly nasty with that one provider is going to be low, it could still happen. That risk is mitigated when you are dealing with two distinct carriers, who have two completely networks, topologies, peering, and so on.

Of course, this is really only relevant if you are considering running a BGP speaking network, and have the neccessary infrastructure and knowledge to do so. If you are just a small scale customer in a completely layer 2 environment, the highest level of redundancy you're going to be able to achieve is having redundant layer 2 connections to the same carrier.
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.

But they backhaul to EQX CHI.
    And you could be in Boston and get something backhauled from San Jose, that doesn't mean you're in San Jose... They're not in Chicago, being in Iowa will add roughly 9ms. If you want to be on InterNAP in Chicago actually go with InterNAP in Chicago, imho, and skip the middle-man as well.
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
    Now Open in New Jersey! - Contact us for New Jersey colocation or dedicated servers

Jay,

I understand your point about being single homed to Internap, but if you are a direct customer of internap, and they hand you off two handoffs, each connected to multihomed routers with 5-8 of the top tier one providers, do you still consider that singlehomed quality?

Thank you,
    Kyle
    That is still single-homed, so yes. If an InterNAP line to say Sprint were to become congested by a DDoS or whatnot what other options do you have while they work something out, none. Multi-home and you can divert the traffic yourself immediately. Multi-homing isn't there to just protect you from a complete outage. If you are just looking to start though and don't need redundant connections, etc. going with InterNAP or any other Tier 2 provider with multiple providers should work well for you. There are many Tier 2 providers across the country that can get you near InterNAP quality at a much lower price.

Karl,

Do you have experience with Internap?

If an InterNAP line to say Sprint were to become congested by a DDoS or whatnot what other options do you have while they work something out, none.
    Ask them to divert the traffic. If the DDOS is affecting any of their lines, they will work with you.

There are many Tier 2 providers across the country that can get you near InterNAP quality at a much lower price.
    No, they aren't. If you have to go with Tier2 and be single home, well then single home with Internap. Much better. Again, this is specaking out of experience.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!

Originally posted by concept
    I wouldn't recommend that, I was there for about 2 months, cant say that I was impressed with the routing, or the stability.
    Pat, I was just giving the option. I've been with FastServers for awhile too. I wasn't too impressed.

It was a quote for a rack pack about a year ago, one cabinet, 1 Mbps, and one hour of remote hands for $995/mo plus $150/Mbps for utilization thereafter.

Originally posted by IRCCo Jeff
    It was a quote for a rack pack about a year ago, one cabinet, 1 Mbps, and one hour of remote hands for $995/mo plus $150/Mbps for utilization thereafter.
    meh. That's actually not bad, incl. remote hands and such.

I have had great luck with Internap so far. The technical support team seems to be amazing. Pricing is much lower than what people have posted. We have now purchased circuits from three different pnaps from Internap. Because of the three peering points Internap sent out a Flow Control Platform Box to test out last month. They wanted to see if they could make our routes better. They did this at no cost to TEAM but just to see how much of an improvement it would make routing between there three pnaps; two Chicago locations and Dallas. I was impressed that they sent a 100k piece of hardware out for us to test! If we find that it is worth while we will purchase it but what a great demo!

InterNAP has been great for us. Team is an excellent facility for InterNAP bandwidth, as they have redundant connections in Chicago and potentially a third connection going up in Dallas now. Good stuff.
    Corey Northcutt | Northcutt
    Competitive inbound marketing with a hosting industry competency.
    Social | Content | Optimization | Outreach

The circuit turn-up to Dallas should be tomorow
    Clint Chapman ** www.ubiquityhosting.com ** www.ubiquitycloud.com
    Ubiquity Hosting ** Colocation ** Dedicated ** Cloud Servers ** VPS ** IP Transit
    Chicago ** Dallas ** Los Angeles ** Seattle ** Atlanta ** Newark ** Phoenix ** AS15003

Originally posted by FHDave
    Karl,

Do you have experience with Internap?

Ask them to divert the traffic. If the DDOS is affecting any of their lines, they will work with you.

No, they aren't. If you have to go with Tier2 and be single home, well then single home with Internap. Much better. Again, this is specaking out of experience.
    No, I have not delt with InterNAP directly, other than their sales people, which was a terrible experience as well.

I know, they will work with you, you will get something done. The fact is, it will take longer to get something done going through a middle-man than it will to do it yourself. On the other hand, any Tier 2 will work with you on such an issue, not just InterNAP.

There are MANY other Tier 2 providers that will give you a similar level of service for a much lower price tag. That is my point. I am not saying InterNAP is bad, I just don't think they're as good as their marketing makes them seem and that they are just as good as various other Tier 2 providers which are much cheaper.

It's important to note all this talk about single-homed connections doesn't apply to customers who colo in an Internap facility. When we moved into Internap Atlanta 3 years ago, there were 9 providers in the mix, though that's changed a little over the years due to mergers. If you're NOT in an Internap facility, then of course you'll want to have more than one pipe, that's just common sense. But if there's more to Internap that just their routing performance, which definitely isn't bad. You'll notice everyone says you can get 'almost as good' or 'close to Internap' - I rarely see anyone say that provider X is BETTER than Internap. So price aside, I don't think anyone can honestly argue that Internap doesn't offer a solid, best-in-class level network.

Anyway, the big negative for many buyers is the price of Internap IP. No doubt the pricing is higher than the WHT average, at the top of the scale even. But I look at it as a small price to pay for peace of mind.

I cut my teeth in this business in a hole-in-the-wall ghetto colo that was up and down more than a 5 year old's yo-yo. Since we moved to Internap, we've had zero downtime. Not a single problem. Every time I call or visit the DC, I work with absolute professionals who take ownership of my problem and solve it. The full-service style setup we enjoy isn't right for everyone. Most of MY customers have no idea who Internap is, and probably couldn't care less. All they know is that their sites and applications are always available. This is my reputation at stake. Could I save some money doing everything myself? Of course, but I've decided I'd rather spend my time growing my business, not worrying about keeping it online.

Brandon

Where are you getting $200 / mbps?

Last quote I got was like this

10 mbps on copper non burstable =$90 / mbps
    25 mbps on FastE burstable = $85 / mbps
    50 mbps on FastE burstable = $75 / mbps
    100 mbpson FastE = $70 / mbps (add fee to be on GigE)

prices were for VA, NY, Dallas and Chicago

SJ and LA are generally same // cheaper anyway
    ServGrid - www.servgrid.com - Affordable and Reliable SSD Cloud Solutions
    Premium 10G Network, 2(N+1) Powerplant and SSD Performance
    Web, Reseller, KVM VPS, Storage and Private Cloud Hosting
    Click here to see our SSD Benchmarks!

It's also ridiculous to argue if you're using a BGP mix, Single homed tier-1 carrier or single homed to InterNAP - you're obviously choosin your provider for a reason.

In terms of InterNAP direct in Chicago - Tilted.net offers a Peer1 // InterNAP bgp as well as InterNAP or Peer 1 direct.

In terms of congestion ... InterNAP will not reroute // diverttraffic on a congested circuit for smaller customers ... so I guess Karl is right in that regard but in defense of Dave, InterNAP has been good ... problems I have are with both Peer1 and sometimes mzima or maybe a Fluidhosting switch

As a note before anyone flames, I am/was a customer of a lot of companies and definitely including steadfast and fluid - both companies hvae their own business plan and perogatives and it seems each network serves them best so its like comparing apples to oranges.

Think of it this way - there is more than 1 way to get to point b from point a - some might be cheap but long, some might be fast but expensive, some might be a secret shortcut - depends on what you want, how much you want to spend and your own preferences

Originally posted by cbtrussell
    It's important to note all this talk about single-homed connections doesn't apply to customers who colo in an Internap facility. When we moved into Internap Atlanta 3 years ago, there were 9 providers in the mix, though that's changed a little over the years due to mergers. If you're NOT in an Internap facility, then of course you'll want to have more than one pipe, that's just common sense. But if there's more to Internap that just their routing performance, which definitely isn't bad. You'll notice everyone says you can get 'almost as good' or 'close to Internap' - I rarely see anyone say that provider X is BETTER than Internap. So price aside, I don't think anyone can honestly argue that Internap doesn't offer a solid, best-in-class level network.

Anyway, the big negative for many buyers is the price of Internap IP. No doubt the pricing is higher than the WHT average, at the top of the scale even. But I look at it as a small price to pay for peace of mind.

I cut my teeth in this business in a hole-in-the-wall ghetto colo that was up and down more than a 5 year old's yo-yo. Since we moved to Internap, we've had zero downtime. Not a single problem. Every time I call or visit the DC, I work with absolute professionals who take ownership of my problem and solve it. The full-service style setup we enjoy isn't right for everyone. Most of MY customers have no idea who Internap is, and probably couldn't care less. All they know is that their sites and applications are always available. This is my reputation at stake. Could I save some money doing everything myself? Of course, but I've decided I'd rather spend my time growing my business, not worrying about keeping it online.

Brandon
    So you're saying InterNAP is great because you're comparing them to a "a hole-in-the-wall ghetto colo"? Have you used the services of a quality Tier 2 provider such as Peer1? Peer1 also connects with multiple providers and has a 100% network SLA. It is easy to reach people there and to get things done. I honestly don't see what makes InterNAP twice as good as Peer1, to make them twice the price... There are many other Tier 2 providers just like Peer1 out there as well, but I have direct experience with Peer1, so I can comment on that.

I have not used InterNAP, but I have never seen amazing ping numbers, etc. They are in the top half, but nothing amazing. They have locations that simply have a single OC-3 to one provider and today that isn't much bandwidth, which can lead to several congestion issues, etc. They are not perfect and they are not cheap. The only reason I cannot say that Peer1 is definitely better as I have not used InterNAP, but stating that InterNAP is the the best service out there is not necessarily correct either.

To be honest - most of our transit is used for gaming and that's the customers that do the most b*tching. For our colo // dedicated customers, any // most tier-1 providers are fine.

However, if you do not have a direct ATT link, you'll get some peering // congestion issues and that's what I think a lot of people who don't have ATT have - i guess that's why i prefer InterNAP in a lot of locations.

In terms of Peer 1 - i have started to dislike them a lot with peering problems (or the lack of peering itself in a few locations) as well as capacity issues

Have you used the services of a quality Tier 2 provider such as Peer1? Peer1 also connects with multiple providers and has a 100% network SLA.
    Karl, I suggest you stop comparing Internap to Peer1. There is no comparison whatsover. I know this because I am currently clients to both of them. No comparison. End of period.

There were one time that Peer1 was down and their network engineer did not even know about it. I had to call and they admit about the problem over the phone after I mentioned it. Peer1 can offer 100% SLA, but they do not have the ability to do that. The last time I checked, their NYC data center does not even have redundant power. And they try to offer 100% network uptime on non redundant power to their routers? How can that be?

Second thing, Peer1 does not offer 100% uptime on their Telehouse hand off. The best I can get from Joe is 99.9% uptime. They say because they can't guarantee the cross connects. Fair enough reason for me since Telehouse does the cross connects. But when I purchased Internap, what does Internap say? No reduction on their SLA. They guarantee the same SLA/QOS on their Telehouse POP as well as on their own data centers. No finger pointing. They take responsibilities! End of case. With Peer1, they left some room to do some finger pointings.

Should I go to compare Internap and Peer1 for other reasons? How about peerings vs. transit? Peer1 peers a lot and it can be advantages. But then it's also of disadvantage because the routing depends on where they peer, and their peering locations are not that great. For example, they peer with GNAX only on Virginia. This forces packets being routed from Boston to NYC to Virginia back to NYC before it's routed to us again, causing additional latencies. Having extensive peerings are good, but you can't peer with anybody anywhere. This is why having tier2 providers who solely buy transits can be better too.

Anyway, you do not have any experience with Internap and yet you try to equate Internap to Peer1. On what basis? Your opinions should be taken with a grain of salt, indeed.

No, I have not delt with InterNAP directly, other than their sales people, which was a terrible experience as well
    Good thing you did not even pass through their sales. phew ...

Karl, I suggest you stop comparing Internap to Peer1. There is no comparison whatsover. I know this because I am currently clients to both of them. No comparison. End of period.

There were one time that Peer1 was down and their network engineer did not even know about it. I had to call and they admit about the problem over the phone after I mentioned it. Peer1 can offer 100% SLA, but they do not have the ability to do that. The last time I checked, their NYC data center does not even have redundant power. And they try to offer 100% network uptime on non redundant power to their routers? How can that be?

Second thing, Peer1 does not offer 100% uptime on their Telehouse hand off. The best I can get from Joe is 99.9% uptime. They say because they can't guarantee the cross connects. Fair enough reason for me since Telehouse does the cross connects. But when I purchased Internap, what does Internap say? No reduction on their SLA. They guarantee the same SLA/QOS on their Telehouse POP as well as on their own data centers. No finger pointing. They take responsibilities! End of case. With Peer1, they left some room to do some finger pointings.

Should I go to compare Internap and Peer1 for other reasons? How about peerings vs. transit? Peer1 peers a lot and it can be advantages. But then it's also of disadvantage because the routing depends on where they peer, and their peering locations are not that great. For example, they peer with GNAX only on Virginia. This forces packets being routed from Boston to NYC to Virginia back to NYC before it's routed to us again, causing additional latencies. Having extensive peerings are good, but you can't peer with anybody anywhere. This is why having tier2 providers who solely buy transits can be better too.

Anyway, you do not have any experience with Internap and yet you try to equate Internap to Peer1. On what basis? Your opinions should be taken with a grain of salt, indeed.
    I haven''t used Peer1 for roughly two years, so I can't really comment on their current setup. A;; I know is that when I was with them the reliability and speed was VERY good. I was simply stating that there are several Tier 2 providers, other than InterNAP, that can provide an equal or almost equal level of service for roughly half the price. That is my point. In Chicago, I generally am seeing better performance to ServerCentral than I am to InterNAP, and that is complimenting one of my biggest competitors. ServerCentral isn't cheap, but they're a lot cheaper than InterNAP.

InterNAP is not perfect, they are not the right choice for everyone. It seems whenever they get brought up people seem to assume that they are. If you are willing to pay double for a service that is simply above average then go for it... Though yes, if you are looking to single-home and are looking to be a large service provider, thus you don't want to buy from a competitor, then InterNAP is likely a great choice. Other than that, either multi-home yourself or find a more affordable Tier 2, that is just my opinion.

More blah ...blah ... blah ....

So you haven't used Internap, and you haven't used Peer1 in the last two years and then you think Peer1 is of equal quality like Internap? Yea, we hear you...

Nowhere did the thread starter ask for cheap providers. I suggest you read the thread title. The thread starter is asking for Internap experiences. If you dont have any, perhaps you should not say anything. Just keep you thought to yourself/your family. Nobody here is asking for Internap experiences from somebody who never has any experiences with Internap.

No more blah ... blah ... from you, will ya?
    Last edited by FHDave; 06-17-2005 at 01:43 AM.

More blah ...blah ... blah ....

So you haven't used Internap, and you haven't used Peer1 in the last two years and then you think Peer1 is of equal quality like Internap? Yea, we hear you...

Nowhere did the thread starter asking for cheap providers. They ask for Internap experiences. If you dont have any, perhaps you should not say anything. Just keep you thought to yourself/your family. Nobody here is asking for Internap experiences from somebody who never has any experience with Internap.
    I am debating the statement that: I don't think anyone can honestly argue that Internap doesn't offer a solid, best-in-class level network.

I do not feel they offer best-in-class, that would indicate that they do, unquestionably, have the best network. Also, honestly, where did I say that Peer1 had equal quality of InterNAP? I gave Peer1 as a simple example of a relatively high quality Tier 2 provider, along with ServerCentral. You had issues with Peer1, there have been posts of outages at InterNAP as well, losing power in Seattle, the issue with a DDoS reported in this thread, etc.

You say that since I have not tried InterNAP, thus I can't debate the fact that it is not in fact the best i-class. Have you tried all the major Tier 2 providers in a way to disqualify all them as contenders for the same best in-class title? I am NOT saying that you should go to another tier 2 provider just because they are cheaper, but find one with a level of service equivalent, or roughly equivalent to InterNAP and feel happier getting the same thing for a lower price. There are other companies providing high quality bandwidth out there, InterNAP is not the only one. Keep your options open.

I had an InterNAP experience, an InterNAP sales rep calling me an idiot for CONSIDERING using their FCP product instead of their bandwidth product. That left a terrible taste in my mouth regarding the company as a whole and shows a complete lack of confidence in their hardware solution, which basically runs their network. I've also delt with assisting people with server's on the InterNAP network, etc. and honestly saw nothing special. It is a good network, easily one of the top couple. I just see nothing that warrants the high price.

Note: Don't take it that I am saying InterNAP is a bad provider, that no one should consider them, etc. I am saying keep your options open. Look at other tier 2 providers and you may see that they provide exactly what you need while saving you a good chunk of money. As part of that I state that it is my personal opinion that InterNAP isn;t worth the money. I had looked into them extensively and reached that opinion. If you disagree, you disagree. it is obvious in this thread that that is my opinion. There is no need to attack my opinion, feel free to debate it with facts though and prove to me how InterNAP has unquestionably the best network.
    Last edited by KarlZimmer; 06-17-2005 at 01:58 AM.

Red face

yawn ...

[Just create your own thread. Your opinion on Internap is not being asked here. Experience on Internap is. You provide no valuable insight to the questions being asked ... ]

Well, our 100mbps internap circuit should go live soon.. We are hoping for some good quality bandwidth and I'm sure InterNap can deliver it.

I am also surprised at some of the mbps pricing that you guys are getting..
    init.me - Build, Share & Embed

JodoHost.com - Windows VPS Hosting, ASP.NET and SQL Server Hosting
    8th year in Business, 200+ Servers. Microsoft Gold Certified Partner

If you have a bad experience with a rep at any company I would suggest working with someone else at that company. I believe that Karl had a bad experience with a rep, but I would write that off to as two good people that didnt mesh. It happens.

My opinion of Internap is based on our current process with them. First, our rep has been there for 5 years. She has called on us for most of those 5 years and we have always looked for the time when we could do business. The opportunity presented itself and we signed the paperwork.

The order process has flowed very nicely on their part. I have found every employee so far to be a professional. Our circuit is going to be turned up in the next few days and I will then get to tell you about the network, but if the network is as good as the people that work there they are going to beat our expectations.

I see a lot of talk on WHT comparing prices of products. While the price of products is easy to see by talking to a rep or reading a post, the value is often hard to see without investigation. When people see a product that looks like it is priced high, ask the customer what they think of the employees. Good employees are a must for good value.
    Looking for next opportunity

RE: Internap Experiences

I've read the posts in response to this thread and the funniest thing is when I read someone who has never used the service of a provider and yet still slams them.

In regards to this certain provider, there is a reason the lion's share of mission critical applications run on their network.

People who make their money via the Internet understand the value, end of story.

The NOC is pro-active, the SLA is 100% across ALL networks and their hardware appliances can make more routing decisions in a DAY than your best engineer can do in a YEAR.

As far as a "bad" experience with sales people, I don't believe that to be the case.

If you don't get it, and don't understand the technology, and want to make up a bunch of hooey that you have no experience with and when confronted with the facts STILL DON'T GET IT???? The bad experience is with the customer, not the sales folks.

They could GIVE you the service for free and you still would not get it.

And inviting them out to your office to simply argue what you don't understand doesn't do anything but waste people's valuable time...

I wonder how many more positive threads you have to read from actual customers before you finally "get it"?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast