VDS hosting recommendations?

Anybody know of any VPS hosting packages better than godaddy.com?
    I mean, everywhere i look, it's either very small harddrive space and decent bandwidth or very small bandwidth and decent harddrive space. I'm looking for at least 20gb harddrive space and 150+ bandwidth with CPanel and GOOD support for around $50. Other than this, One really cannot support a hosting site and expect to make any money to pay for renting of VDS. Godaddy.com offers all of this but good tech support. Their tech support takes too damn long, over 5 days sometimes. Any recommendations? Thanks.

I'm currently with PowerVPS, and love it. They have something right around what your looking for. The extra 10 GB of space is only $18 more. Support is very fast, and sometimes I get a response in a matter of minutes.

Ryan
    FXH, Inc :: Web Hosting, Web Design, rsync and R1Soft Backup Solutions, and more!

I second PowerVPS. You could also try ServInt too.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Originally posted by rgyure
    Support is very fast, and sometimes I get a response in a matter of minutes.
    I don't think I've ever waited more than 30 minutes to get a response from them at the support@ email address. Sales can take a while, but they'll take care of you.

Are you looking for some specific type of VPS service, for example, Virtuozzo, User Mode Linux; do you need to be able to change your kernel yourself?

How much control do you need in your VPS?
    EuroVPS - Europe's Fully Managed Hosting
    Established 2004 - The European Hosting Authority

Would prefer Fidora Core, Virtuozzo management of VPS, CPanel.

I took a look at your website. Pretty nice offers. I would ask one thing though. Do you have servers based in the US?

Hello, No we do not have American VPS now. For American servers it is probably best to look on the forum there are many recommended providers. We are only in Europe w/VPS.

Oh, hi.

I guess the speed would be compromised if i were to be hosted in Europe?

Most probably it would be slower that was needed if you are in America.

It is normally not wise to host on another continent if you can be avoiding it. Probably best choice for you is to find the best American provider, there are many that are very fast & good in support.

Re: VDS hosting recommendations?

Originally posted by athens
    I mean, everywhere i look, it's either very small harddrive space and decent bandwidth or very small bandwidth and decent harddrive space. I'm looking for at least 20gb harddrive space and 150+ bandwidth with CPanel and GOOD support for around $50. Other than this, One really cannot support a hosting site and expect to make any money to pay for renting of VDS. Godaddy.com offers all of this but good tech support. Their tech support takes too damn long, over 5 days sometimes. Any recommendations? Thanks.
    Both liquidweb.com (20/200 GB @ $50 with a wht special) and a2b2.com (30/300 GB @ $40 with cpanel) should meet your requirements. They both have a very good reputation here and seem solid. I should add that I have no personal experience with them but am considering these two companies for my VPS needs.

Originally posted by EuroVPS/Igor
    Hello, No we do not have American VPS now. For American servers it is probably best to look on the forum there are many recommended providers. We are only in Europe w/VPS.
    On the top of the home page of www.eurovps.com it is written :
    "EuroVPS is a European Web Hosting Provider with servers in the Netherlands, Deutschland, and the United States."

So, you have servers in the US or not ?

We have shared hosting servers in the US. Nowhere does it say that we offer American VPS Virtuozzo host nodes in the United States.

That is a market currently dominated by several key players all of which are known well on these forums for excellent performance and service. I am sure you will find a good deal with them if you need a US based Virtuozzo VPS.

Re: VDS hosting recommendations?

Originally posted by athens
    We tried GoDaddy with a client and it sucked: there was almost no support, the support that was provided was slow and inadequate, and we were provided with conflicting information.

PowerVPS - we have never had a single problem.