Site made out of images.. Help!!

Ok, i had web designers working on our main site, then they had vacation so i got stuck with an unfinished website. They did it in photoshop, my problem was that it wasn't finished and i couldn't wait for them to finish it becuase our previous site was very...BAD. Ok with that done and said i worked on it, added pages and links, and then i put it on the web. My only problem is that they are all photos (No text, background images etc...) That hogs all the bandwith (like a couple hundred megs of bandwith a day from some visitors.) So can anyone help me with coding the website to HTML? I don't want to pay anyone, i have a friend who is a designer but is very busy and hadn't had time to work on coding my site. Any suggestions? If you want to take a look here is the link:

http://atcomputers.us

I would say... With the places where you have pictures, Try using on the side's of those images and fill the Table background in with the background color of that picture.. You wont save alot.. but you'll save some bandwidth.. you could also turn all the images into LOW QUALITY JPG's or change them into .GIF's and that will reduce your bandwidth ALOT more.

Just My .02

Yea, since you do not know how to program it what you can do is make them into .GIF's, that would look much better than low quality .JPG's. If you know how to use photoshop you can start cutting up the layout and organizing the tables so you can insert text. I assume you do not know how to do that so your best bet is to wait until they come back from vacation or hire someone to do it for you. I am not saying you would have to pay a lot of money, just enough for an hour or so of work.
    Phlint! Web Media [http://phlint.com]
    [email protected]

Turning the images into .gifs won't help. For one thing, I very much doubt the file sizes would be smaller. Also, turning up the compression of the jpegs won't solve the problem either.

The issue here is the site was designed as graphical text. I can't believe people actually charge money to do such a hack job of a website, but I see this all the time. Why on earth would someone design a site in the 'hypertext' motif, and leave all the text out?

How will that site get indexed by a search engine, or viewed by someone who's visually impaired or has images turned off? The threadstarter is asking for help in turning the text into text. Taking that graphical text and turning it into actual text will go a long way to reducing the site's bandwidth requirements.

I'd ask whoever designed this site for my money back, as they clearly don't understand anything about web design.
    Eric J. Bowman, principal
    Bison Systems Corporation coming soon: a new sig!
    I'm just a poor, unfrozen caveman Webmaster. Your new 'standards' frighten, and confuse me...

Adding to what BigBison says, the text is just "filler text". What you need to do is have a concept of slicing and markup / css so you can create a webpage from a static image. If that makes any sense. If the designers owe you a finished website, then this isn't finished and I'd just wait till they get back. If it is going to be a while before they come back, then I'd spend a little extra and hire someone to slice this site up and make it into a usable page.

Thanks everyone for your input, i suppose i can wait this out.