Results 1 to 36 of 36
  1. #1

    Thumbs down Red Hot Servers!!! Rant

    Well I hate to say it but I advise anyone considering these guys to stay away if your looking for speed!!! We purchased a server 2 weeks ago from them so we went to update it well we noticed the speeds were not correct so we decided to put up a test file. So we had some people test the speeds for us. Well we were very disappointed.

    Detriot - We had someone test it from Detriot. Well the best they got was 390 kb/s on a comcast line. He usuaslly gets 675 kb/s to 700 kb/s from our servermatrix box.

    New Jersey - My partner is on optiline cable and he tested the file. Well the first test was 288 kb/s to 319 kb/s. Well this isn't good because he gets 680 to 700 kb/s from our server at servermatrix.

    Canada - We had my buddy in canada test his connection speed with server. Well he would only get 120 kb/s. Well he gets 300 kb/s from our servermatrix box.

    Texas - We tried from our servermatrix box which kas a 100 mpbs connection. Well it was real bad 40 kb/s.

    Well so we talked to them and they asked us to fill out a trouble ticket. Well the techs came back with a speedtest showing 10 Mpbs but the problem with this is its from a server on the network. Well guess what I get those speeds from my computers I have at my shop to but it don't mean I will get that travling outside the building. Remember here to we haven't even started to put our clients on the server so there is no traffic at all on this server. So these speeds should be alot better for a 100 Mpbs connection. So they asked us to check the speeds one more time 3 days later.


    Detroit- 310 kb/s

    New Jersey - 106 kb/s

    Canada- 120 kb/s

    Texas - 80 kb/s

    And then I had a buddy who lives 10 mins from datacenter test it for me. Well he got the best speed then all of us 510 kb/s. But he gets 640 kb/s to 660 kb/s from our servermatrix box.

    So the next thing we decided to do was test our servermatrix box to a box we have at ezzi.net. Well this just proved that these 2 datacenters are better. We got 1.7 to 2.1 Mpbs between these 2 boxes.

    They can say all they want but the speeds we get from them are horrible compared to our other boxes. They also told us that thier speeds were the same as servermatrix but no way are they close. Yes we asked for a refund since it was a waste of time for us to even use this box. We offered to even cover the week that we had the box while they worked on it. Of coarse it been nothing but a run around. They even said to me that you might even got a bad box. Well then why not offer to switch the box. Oh well I'm out $289 and learned a hard lesson to stay away from redhot servers and the FDCserver Datacenter!!!!!!!!!!!


    Plus I really do think the mods need to look at thier adds in the advertisement area. They state on the add that its 100 Mpbs unmetered but when you goto thier site they only offer 5500 gigs at 100 Mpbs and then cap you at 10 Mpbs. But my guess is even with thier 100 Mpbs connection you will never hit 5500 gigs because you be lucky if you get 4 Mpbs from them. Rules states "No unlimited space or unlimited bandwidth offers. This includes unmetered bandwidth offers not clearly advertising a bandwidth cap. Posting such offers will lead to your post being removed and your account being suspended.".

    I'm I wrong to think that a 100 Mpbs connection should top out my 6 meg download cable connection? I am wrong thinking once I have 10 to 15 sites on the server and have 2 or 3 people downloading that the speeds will be worse? Did I expect 100 Mpbs at all times no. But I did think we could run over 10 Mpbs sometimes and I really didn't think we would only be at 4 Mpbs from the server. So I will state this again if you are looking to get decent speed stay far away from Redhot Servers and the FDCservers Datacenter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    520
    btw, that is standard FDC practice, it's 100mbps unmetered *SHARED* you can expect to get 5tb/mo transfer on that.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    296
    Don't take this the wrong way but if you had spent maybe 10-15 minutes doing research on FDC you would have found all this out very quickly. FDC is fine if you need to push 5TB a month and don't care at all about individual transfer speeds. But if single thread speeds are important stay very far away from them.

  4. #4
    You will be lucky to push 5TB a month. At 4 Mpbs you can't push 5TB a month do the math. if 100 Mpbs is 32000 gigs then 10 Mpbs is 3200 gigs a month. I see it very hard for anyone to get to 5TB a month. But I could be dead wrong with this. And yes your right about the research part after I placed the order I did see the topics on FDCservers overselling and I brought it up to them and they stated to me don't worry they have added a better provider in abovenet and things have changed.

  5. #5
    I too was with them...unfortunately. Their speed is horrible just as is their customer support. I never got more then 4.8Mbps. It was definitely my fault for not researching them more and finding out what they were all about.

    My problems started on day one. They told me it would be an 8 hour setup time which turned into 70 hours. Server was constantly offline and unresponsive. When I would request a reboot from support they would respond with "we know and please do not create tickets".

    Not only that they lied to me about being on a 100 Mbit port. When I submitted a ticket one time asking support why my server was not up to snuff, they replied that I should upgrade packages because I was only on a 5Mbit. So I quickly replied that I had paid for a package that included a 100Mbit port and they came back saying, oh yes, it was upgraded to a 100Mbit.

    I too recommend that everyone stays away from these guys as they misrepresent themselves and have next to no support (which I paid extra for too). The only good thing they got going for them is the one support tech that knows what he is talking about, RedhotRob.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    157
    Originally posted by pawsregd
    I too was with them...unfortunately. Their speed is horrible just as is their customer support. I never got more then 4.8Mbps. It was definitely my fault for not researching them more and finding out what they were all about.

    My problems started on day one. They told me it would be an 8 hour setup time which turned into 70 hours. Server was constantly offline and unresponsive. When I would request a reboot from support they would respond with "we know and please do not create tickets".

    Not only that they lied to me about being on a 100 Mbit port. When I submitted a ticket one time asking support why my server was not up to snuff, they replied that I should upgrade packages because I was only on a 5Mbit. So I quickly replied that I had paid for a package that included a 100Mbit port and they came back saying, oh yes, it was upgraded to a 100Mbit.

    I too recommend that everyone stays away from these guys as they misrepresent themselves and have next to no support (which I paid extra for too). The only good thing they got going for them is the one support tech that knows what he is talking about, RedhotRob.
    you were on the lowest server option $69 monthly which originally came with the 5Mbit dedicated connection.

    You advise us and we were in the process of getting it set up the to be on the 100Mbit connection for you.

    I do remember your server in particular you were trying to offer movie files on a 1GHz server and it was crashing periodically due to the connections being flooded.

    You were on our management services package which was not very expenses which included rebooting your server, you were creating a double support ticket requests. We can only reboot a server as fast as the datacenter allows.

    Your case as the no bearing in this issue of deep blue hosting

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    520
    Originally posted by rhsadmin
    you were on the lowest server option $69 monthly which originally came with the 5Mbit dedicated connection.

    You advise us and we were in the process of getting it set up the to be on the 100Mbit connection for you.

    I do remember your server in particular you were trying to offer movie files on a 1GHz server and it was crashing periodically due to the connections being flooded.

    You were on our management services package which was not very expenses which included rebooting your server, you were creating a double support ticket requests. We can only reboot a server as fast as the datacenter allows.

    Your case as the no bearing in this issue of deep blue hosting

    Just wondering, where are you from?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    157

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    157

    Re: Red Hot Servers!!! Rant

    Originally posted by Deepbluehosting
    Well I hate to say it but I advise anyone considering these guys to stay away if your looking for speed!!! We purchased a server 2 weeks ago from them so we went to update it well we noticed the speeds were not correct so we decided to put up a test file. So we had some people test the speeds for us. Well we were very disappointed.

    Detriot - We had someone test it from Detriot. Well the best they got was 390 kb/s on a comcast line. He usuaslly gets 675 kb/s to 700 kb/s from our servermatrix box.

    New Jersey - My partner is on optiline cable and he tested the file. Well the first test was 288 kb/s to 319 kb/s. Well this isn't good because he gets 680 to 700 kb/s from our server at servermatrix.

    Canada - We had my buddy in canada test his connection speed with server. Well he would only get 120 kb/s. Well he gets 300 kb/s from our servermatrix box.

    Texas - We tried from our servermatrix box which kas a 100 mpbs connection. Well it was real bad 40 kb/s.

    Well so we talked to them and they asked us to fill out a trouble ticket. Well the techs came back with a speedtest showing 10 Mpbs but the problem with this is its from a server on the network. Well guess what I get those speeds from my computers I have at my shop to but it don't mean I will get that travling outside the building. Remember here to we haven't even started to put our clients on the server so there is no traffic at all on this server. So these speeds should be alot better for a 100 Mpbs connection. So they asked us to check the speeds one more time 3 days later.


    Detroit- 310 kb/s

    New Jersey - 106 kb/s

    Canada- 120 kb/s

    Texas - 80 kb/s

    And then I had a buddy who lives 10 mins from datacenter test it for me. Well he got the best speed then all of us 510 kb/s. But he gets 640 kb/s to 660 kb/s from our servermatrix box.

    So the next thing we decided to do was test our servermatrix box to a box we have at ezzi.net. Well this just proved that these 2 datacenters are better. We got 1.7 to 2.1 Mpbs between these 2 boxes.

    They can say all they want but the speeds we get from them are horrible compared to our other boxes. They also told us that thier speeds were the same as servermatrix but no way are they close. Yes we asked for a refund since it was a waste of time for us to even use this box. We offered to even cover the week that we had the box while they worked on it. Of coarse it been nothing but a run around. They even said to me that you might even got a bad box. Well then why not offer to switch the box. Oh well I'm out $289 and learned a hard lesson to stay away from redhot servers and the FDCserver Datacenter!!!!!!!!!!!


    Plus I really do think the mods need to look at thier adds in the advertisement area. They state on the add that its 100 Mpbs unmetered but when you goto thier site they only offer 5500 gigs at 100 Mpbs and then cap you at 10 Mpbs. But my guess is even with thier 100 Mpbs connection you will never hit 5500 gigs because you be lucky if you get 4 Mpbs from them. Rules states "No unlimited space or unlimited bandwidth offers. This includes unmetered bandwidth offers not clearly advertising a bandwidth cap. Posting such offers will lead to your post being removed and your account being suspended.".

    I'm I wrong to think that a 100 Mpbs connection should top out my 6 meg download cable connection? I am wrong thinking once I have 10 to 15 sites on the server and have 2 or 3 people downloading that the speeds will be worse? Did I expect 100 Mpbs at all times no. But I did think we could run over 10 Mpbs sometimes and I really didn't think we would only be at 4 Mpbs from the server. So I will state this again if you are looking to get decent speed stay far away from Redhot Servers and the FDCservers Datacenter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    was able to download a file to your server at over 10MB/sec.

    100%[====================================>] 30,300,000 10.87M/s

    20:17:26 (10.85 MB/s) - `testfile.zip' saved [30,300,000/30,300,000]



    Then uploading that same file to a 5mbs dsl box OUTSIDE of DC network I was able to get 5mbs and max the connection out.

    226 Transfer complete.
    30300000 bytes sent in 56.5 secs (5.2e+02 Kbytes/sec)
    (520k/s)

    There is no issue with bandwidth for your server. It is able to push in and out just fine from our network. It may be an issue with peering between our provider and yours. That is somcthing we cannot control.

  10. #10
    was able to download a file to your server at over 10MB/sec.

    100%[====================================>] 30,300,000 10.87M/s

    20:17:26 (10.85 MB/s) - `testfile.zip' saved [30,300,000/30,300,000]


    This is inside the datacenter. Sorry to tell you this but I can do this in my shop but I surely can't do it to the outside world.

    Now you say you are maxing out 5mbs to a DSL line well do the math 520 kb/s is not 5 MPBS it is 4.1 MPBS.

    "There is no issue with bandwidth for your server. It is able to push in and out just fine from our network. It may be an issue with peering between our provider and yours. That is somcthing we cannot control."

    Now you say its peering between my provider and yours. I would have no problem if it was just my connection but we ran tests from 4 different states and 1 from canada so you are telling me that all thier providers and yours have isues too???????? No way every place we ran the test from thier isp would have issues.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    WebHostingTalk
    Posts
    8,878

    Re: Re: Red Hot Servers!!! Rant

    Originally posted by rhsadmin
    was able to download a file to your server at over 10MB/sec.

    100%[====================================>] 30,300,000 10.87M/s

    20:17:26 (10.85 MB/s) - `testfile.zip' saved [30,300,000/30,300,000]



    Then uploading that same file to a 5mbs dsl box OUTSIDE of DC network I was able to get 5mbs and max the connection out.

    226 Transfer complete.
    30300000 bytes sent in 56.5 secs (5.2e+02 Kbytes/sec)
    (520k/s)

    There is no issue with bandwidth for your server. It is able to push in and out just fine from our network. It may be an issue with peering between our provider and yours. That is somcthing we cannot control.
    You are absolutely full of it.... show us a traceroute from the server you used to get 10.85 MB/s from... Hell, I can push close to a 100 mbit transfering files between my servers in the same DC.

    The customer is asking about the speed problems from outside the DC, which, I'd imagine, is more important than how fast he can get to other servers IN THE SAME DC!

    To the original thread starter, post a speed test link for us.

    Sirius
    Last edited by sirius; 06-14-2005 at 07:33 PM.
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    296
    Because of FDC's business model they oversell their bandwidth much more than most providers do, thats the reason for your speed problems.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    520

    Re: Re: Re: Red Hot Servers!!! Rant

    Originally posted by sirius
    You are absolutely full of it.... show us a traceroute from the server you used to get 10.85 MB/s from... Hell, I can push close to a 100 mbit transfering files between my servers in the same DC.

    The customer is asking about the speed problems from outside the DC, which, I'd imagine, is more important than how fast he can get to other servers.

    To the original thread starter, post a speed test link for us.

    Sirius

    yargh, go get em sirius

  14. #14
    Originally posted by rhsadmin
    you were on the lowest server option $69 monthly which originally came with the 5Mbit dedicated connection.
    I am not the one who set the price, you guys did. Irregardless if I was paying $69/month or $6900/month when I signed up for the package it clearly stated I would be on a 100Mbit port.

    You advise us and we were in the process of getting it set up the to be on the 100Mbit connection for you.
    That is news to me. I was never advised that you were in the process of setting up a 100Mbit connection. Your tech even told me and I quote "it was upgraded", meaning that it was already setup on a 100Mbit port.

    I do remember your server in particular you were trying to offer movie files on a 1GHz server and it was crashing periodically due to the connections being flooded.

    You were on our management services package which was not very expenses which included rebooting your server, you were creating a double support ticket requests. We can only reboot a server as fast as the datacenter allows.

    Your case as the no bearing in this issue of deep blue hosting
    Again, irregardless of what I was paying for support and again I did not make the price, you did.
    I was not creating double tickets. When the server would become unresponsive and I could not perform a remote reboot I would create a ticket. That is when your tech(s) would respond in saying yes we know, do not create tickets..we're working on it.

    It may not have any direct bearing on Deep Blue Hosting's issue but it does have bearing on your business ethics. You guys lied to me and we'll see what the outcome of Deep Blue Hosting's issue is.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    882
    Welcome to the crooked side of the "unmetered servers" world. A bit of research and analysis of what the company is really offering and the underlying costs of bandwidth will prevent this from happening in the future :-p
    Neosurge Web Services since 2002
    Neosurge VPS Hosting

  16. #16
    I'm glad to see that people are finally figuring out that you can't get a 100meg unmetered box for $200 and expect it to come anywhere near 100meg. Even buying 5+Gigs of cogent @ $10 a meg, its costs a heck of alot of money to properly route and distribute that kind of traffic, so what makes an end user think that he's going to get 100meg of $10 bandwidth for $2 nevermind the hundreds of thousands of dollars of equipment that it had to travel through to get to the NIC on that server.

    Minimum price for a high quality server with 100meg unmetered port of quality mutihomed bandwidth shouldn't be less than $1750 - $1900 MRC and probably higher than that in most markets.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    520
    the problem is people haven't figured that out, thats why we see posts like this daily.

  18. #18
    sirius

    I would love to post a test file for you but I went in to set this up the server wasn't there. So red hot servers gave us a link to FDC helpdesk when we first got the server from them. So I filled a ticket to reboot it. Well guess what responce I got from FDC?


    Here is the response made to your ticket. Please do not reply to this email directly, use the link above
    to reply.

    This server was canceled according to our billing department. It was disconnected yesterday.

    -FDCServers

    FDCservers Support
    http://fdcservers.net/

    So it looks like the guys didn't like my post so they canceled my server. I tried to contact them on msn messager no responce. Then of coarse they left msn have not returned so my guess is they are blocking me. I also sent email and no responce to that either.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    WebHostingTalk
    Posts
    8,878
    Originally posted by Deepbluehosting
    sirius

    So it looks like the guys didn't like my post so they canceled my server. I tried to contact them on msn messager no responce. Then of coarse they left msn have not returned so my guess is they are blocking me. I also sent email and no responce to that either.
    Nice... unfortunately, looks like you did business with a real scum bag operation. Hopefully folks will do a search for this company before they do business with them.

    Hopefully you have an off site backup and can get back up and running soon. There are a lot of other really good hosting companies here, unfortunately, you picked a bad one.

    Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    5,083
    Deeb blue, you MUST issue a chargeback with these guys via whatever means you paid.

    This is clearly unacceptable, your are dealing with as Sirius said a very very dishonest company. First he came on here trying to play off a local DC download as relevant now he just up and cancels your servers?

    Seriously you need to get your money back at least and redhot should be banned, flogged and really needs to just shut his business down before he does more damage to himself or others.
    André Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    520
    It wouldn't suprise me if redhot was a kiddie host, all the signs are there. Site, no contact info other than e-mail/msn on site, domain contact is a residence (not always bad), poor business ethics

    hopefully others see this thread before purchasing anything

  22. #22
    Paypal is the worse I will never see my money again. The only way I will see my money is if rhsadmin refunds it.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    520
    Originally posted by Deepbluehosting
    Paypal is the worse I will never see my money again. The only way I will see my money is if rhsadmin refunds it.
    you should still open the dispute, how did you fund the paypal account? Was that from a cc? if so you could do a chargeback on paypal

  24. #24
    Try contacting him over at the FDC forums. He is admin there and is always around.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    157

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    520
    Originally posted by rhsadmin
    We'll be evaluating the customers situation, misunderstanding situation from the beginning I believe this is about
    since everyone seems to be grammar police on here lately you might want to proof read stuff before you post it

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    2,585
    In my Yoda voice: Yes, very bad host this appears to be.

    This sounds like a pretty bad situation..... gotta love providers who cancel customers and steal their money beacuse they can't take somone saying something about them...
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / We Filter out the Bad Leads and Send you the Good ones!
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / Automated Lead Funnel Service

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    157
    Originally posted by RealtorHost
    In my Yoda voice: Yes, very bad host this appears to be.

    This sounds like a pretty bad situation..... gotta love providers who cancel customers and steal their money beacuse they can't take somone saying something about them...
    we are evaluating the customer's situation. Do not making accusations

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    WebHostingTalk
    Posts
    8,878
    Originally posted by rhsadmin
    we are evaluating the customer's situation. Do not making accusations
    Seems pretty straight forward... what's your side of the story?

    Other than:

    * Trying to use a server in the same DC to feebily attempt server speeds are fine

    * The users server is cancelled after they open a complaint on WHT

    Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    5,083
    Rhsadmin:

    Its clear to everyone that you screwed up, most likely you see it too. It's ok, we have all made mistakes, what is important is what you do after the fact so refund the money and do the right thing.
    André Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    2,585
    rhsadmin:

    Its either a HUGE coincidence that has never been seen before, or you saw this thread and got a little peeved... I think most here will vote for the second idea..

    In responce to:
    we are evaluating the customer's situation. Do not making accusations
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / We Filter out the Bad Leads and Send you the Good ones!
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / Automated Lead Funnel Service

  32. #32
    Originally posted by rhsadmin
    We'll be evaluating the customers situation, misunderstanding situation from the beginning I believe this is about


    But you have not in anyway tried to contact me. You never told me you were canceling the server. Now you have our money and we don't even have the server. How is this right?

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    WebHostingTalk
    Posts
    8,878
    Originally posted by Deepbluehosting
    But you have not in anyway tried to contact me. You never told me you were canceling the server. Now you have our money and we don't even have the server. How is this right?
    Like most have said... find another provider an issue a charge back. This is obviously not a business you want to trust your servers to.

    Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    157

  35. #35
    Yes rhsadmin has stepped up to the plate and made this right to solve the problems. So we can move on. Thank you again for resolving this issue.

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    WebHostingTalk
    Posts
    8,878
    Originally posted by rhsadmin
    We have worked out the issue and refund was issued
    So you cancelled their service because they complained about the crappy speeds on your network? Before that, you then came in here and tried to pass off a server to server speedtest (in the same data center) to show how "great" your network speeds were?

    Please, clarify this... I think your run a pretty scummy shop, but if I am wrong, I would love to know.

    Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •