Separate web and email accounts

If you have 2 reseller accounts on 2 different servers, is it possible to separate your client's web and email accounts so that his website is on one server and his email accounts is on the other server?

The advantage is that if the client's website is not accessible for some reason, at least the email accounts may still be, and vice versa.

The disadvantage is that it is more difficult for the reseller to check on the client's resource usage such as bandwidth being used.

Is this possible? Does any reseller here do this?

What I would look for is a host that offers Hsphere. Hsphere allows a host to seperate services among many servers.

I think Plesk also does this, but I am not sure.
    Jamie
    RadicalV.com High Velocity Hosting Services - Since 1999
    Hsphere Linux & Windows Hosting ~ Automated Reseller Plans ~ EasyApp Collection

If you have 2 reseller accounts on 2 different servers, is it possible to separate your client's web and email accounts so that his website is on one server and his email accounts is on the other server?
    Yes, as Chris has suggested, H-Sphere inherently has this capability - services clustering. In fact this is taken 1 step further, where all resources can be separated onto different servers ( NS1, NS2, HTTP, MySQL, eMail, Control Panel, etc..)

The advantage is that if the client's website is not accessible for some reason, at least the email accounts may still be, and vice versa.
    Yes, this is one of the major advantages of hsphere clustering. Additionally, the servers are less likely to have issues when they are dedicated to a specific resource, and if there are any problems, they are much easier to track down and resolve...

The disadvantage is that it is more difficult for the reseller to check on the client's resource usage such as bandwidth being used.
    This is all integrated with hsphere, where the users resource utilization across all servers is monitored and reported against...
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

I don't know about HSphere and clustering so I'll have to go read up on that.

But using WHM/cPanel, is it possible to create the client account on each of the servers. Then on the server where the website and DNS record is, point the MX record to the other server's IP address so that the emails will go there instead? Or maybe its not as simple as that?