Rogean.net is Closing

I became a rogean.net reseller customer quite some time ago. Thier service was awesome the first month after that it just slacked off. No tickets were being answered.

Now they are closing thier servers as of July 3rd.
    No explained reason nor another webhost that we could turn to.
    Now I have to find another dependable reseller host.

Dear Client,

I regret to inform you that Rogean will be closing our doors on July 09, 2005. It has been a pleasure hosting your website and hopefully you can find the same value and experience that we had to offer. Please make sure you cancel your subscription a.s.a.p. to avoid being billed for a service you will no longer be receiving. You also need to backup all your data to avoid losing it.

Regards,

Matt Giling

President of Rogean
    24/7 365 Technical Support
    http://www.XechnoHost.com
    Questions: [email protected]
    Support: [email protected]
      0 Not allowed!

Look around these forums, check out peoples sigs and obviously the adverts section you can get some mean reseller deals in these forums.
      0 Not allowed!

Where can I make requests in these forums? There used to be a section for that...
      0 Not allowed!

Your best bet is to find a few hosts which interest you and then do a search on them to see what kind of feedback they have. Then I would test all support channels a few times to try and see what your typical turnaround rates are going to be on a ticket.

On a site note I must say hats off to Rogean who I have never heard to be to honest but at least they sent out emails giving you enough time to look and move your sites. We see weekly stories on WHT about hosts just dissapearing into the night leaving no information on what happened and clients clueless, the worst part is usually many resellers depend on their provider for backups and if they dissapear those are usually also gone so it is nice to see a company doing things the way they should be done and good luck on your search
      0 Not allowed!

Where can I make requests in these forums? There used to be a section for that...
    Sorry, that section has been removed. You may try your luck with http://www.webhostingtalk.com/request.php and http://hostvoice.com though.
      0 Not allowed!

It certainly is a good thing that they let you know in advanced! It's very rare to see that now-a-days.

Thanks,
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by elix
    It certainly is a good thing that they let you know in advanced! It's very rare to see that now-a-days.

Thanks,
    Well, let's not forget that they're not a fly-by-night host, either
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!
      0 Not allowed!

I don't know if rogean.net is closing although it seems that their website is up for sale according to a post in the Advertising section.

Apparently customers are not being sold.

Roj
    Web Hosting? Been there. Done that.
    I am niyogi.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by niyogi
    I don't know if rogean.net is closing although it seems that their website is up for sale according to a post in the Advertising section.

Apparently customers are not being sold.

Roj
    Yes, I saw that aswell. What about new orders? How will they be handled during this closure?

Thanks,
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business
      0 Not allowed!

I don't know... I mean props to them since I have seen them around wh forums for quit awhile thats why I went with them in the first place. They were great while they lasted. I just hate it cause I was really happy with thier service except for the random server drops and lack of support at the end.

Oh well... now I got to figure out how to move all these sites with out damaging any of the material.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by xechno
    I don't know... I mean props to them since I have seen them around wh forums for quit awhile thats why I went with them in the first place. They were great while they lasted. I just hate it cause I was really happy with thier service except for the random server drops and lack of support at the end.

Oh well... now I got to figure out how to move all these sites with out damaging any of the material.
    How many sites are we talking about?
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!
      0 Not allowed!

It escapes me why any host would just decide to shut down, and not sell the clients off. It's less hassle for the clients than having to move their sites themselves, and it can make the original owner some extra money.
      0 Not allowed!

It escapes me why any host would just decide to shut down, and not sell the clients off.
    You're not the only one asking himself that question.
    It's less hassle for the clients than having to move their sites themselves,
    Which is probably the main reason why customers don't move as soon as a sale is announced, despite the unavoidable worries that the new host won't be able to maintain the level of service.
      0 Not allowed!

I believe it's a brand changing move? If so, not necessarily the most graceful way...

Roj
    I am niyogi.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ldcdc
    You're not the only one asking himself that question.
    Which is probably the main reason why customers don't move as soon as a sale is announced, despite the unavoidable worries that the new host won't be able to maintain the level of service.
    Sale of the business to a reputable company can also convince people to stay when the old host was lacking in the support area - We found that out 2 months ago .
      0 Not allowed!

LOL. Yes, that makes sense too. I was (wrongly) assuming that the original host must be a good one. Customers might actually be looking forward to the change... The "It can't get any worse than this!" approach.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ldcdc
    LOL. The "It can't get any worse than this!" approach.

Be Nice
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by HiyaCorp

Be Nice
    I was nice; or at least I can be much more caustic than that.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Dixiesys
    I don't mean to bust your bubble but for what all you just listed above, you should almost add another 0 onto that price per month...

This might be why they're going out of business, they promised too much and when the chips fell, they realized they were really losing money on such huge deals. Just a thought.
    Yeah Gary...I am not racing to match that deal...JEEZ.
      0 Not allowed!

No where on rogean.net do they list a plan that even comes close to thoses specs. The only plan that comes close to that price is 3GB of space, 30GB of bandwidth for $17.99/mo. Which is resonable. Maybe you have a special plan that is not listed.
    Chris Mullins
    http://authenticnetworks.com
    ::Web Hosting Simplified::
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Anworks
    No where on rogean.net do they list a plan that even comes close to thoses specs. The only plan that comes close to that price is 3GB of space, 30GB of bandwidth for $17.99/mo. Which is resonable. Maybe you have a special plan that is not listed.
    Now THAT I would look at...Tight but I would look at it
      0 Not allowed!

Yeah me too ... Hi Mark, hope all is well.
    Chris Mullins
    http://authenticnetworks.com
    ::Web Hosting Simplified::
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Anworks
    Yeah that's a bit more "reasonable" of an offer maybe the OP got in on some kinda limited time special perhaps?
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by niyogi
    I believe it's a brand changing move? If so, not necessarily the most graceful way...
    Or a niche change. I myself have done this, with selling httpme and moving into a different market niche. They could have sold the previous business as a going concern, rather than just telling those clients to find another host, imo. Oh well.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!
      0 Not allowed!

The specs you want are a bit out of the $15 league!
      0 Not allowed!

Oh where has this thread gone?

Roj
    I am niyogi.
      0 Not allowed!

I know this thread is really old and I'm glad too see the nice things being said towards the company. The reason why I chose not to sell the clients is because the last few months the clients werent getting the support that they deserved. The clients have always been my number one priority and I wouldnt want to sell them to a company just looking to buy clients and then not take care of them. I wish I could of kept the company going because we were reaching beyond our goals with its potential. I've always taken pride towards my company and i'm sad to have seen it end because of personal reasons. Well I hope all my clients have found a decent home and wish them the best.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt.G
    I know this thread is really old and I'm glad too see the nice things being said towards the company. The reason why I chose not to sell the clients is because the last few months the clients werent getting the support that they deserved. The clients have always been my number one priority and I wouldnt want to sell them to a company just looking to buy clients and then not take care of them. I wish I could of kept the company going because we were reaching beyond our goals with its potential. I've always taken pride towards my company and i'm sad to have seen it end because of personal reasons. Well I hope all my clients have found a decent home and wish them the best.
    Matt, just curious.....how many customers did you let go of ?
    Alex B.
      0 Not allowed!