Okay to use VPS once my Dedicated fills up?

Is it okay to put clients on a seperate VPS from a different host once my server fills up, or should I stick with the same host?

Thanks,
    Trav

It should be fine to do that as long as you realise a VPS won't store as many as a dedicated

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

Originally posted by vaserv
    It should be fine to do that as long as you realise a VPS won't store as many as a dedicated

Rus
    Yeah, but the price is better than paying another $150/month for 1500gb of bandwidth on my server.

For $50 I can get:
    # 30000MB Disk Space
    # 750GB Bandwidth
    # Unlimited Domains

The only concern I have is using different nameservers if I decide to get a VPN from a host different from my origional dedicated host.

Any comments on using VPN from a different host than the dedicated?

You can setup something like ns3 and ns4.yourdomains.com and point those over. Actually if you go for c-Panel you can use DNS clustering so you don't need to change the DNS at all

Rgds

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

Don't go with a VPS just for cost reasons. If you already filled one server, you should be making more than enough profits to set up a second. If you're not, then you seriously need to rethink your business plan.

Originally posted by mkc
    Don't go with a VPS just for cost reasons. If you already filled one server, you should be making more than enough profits to set up a second. If you're not, then you seriously need to rethink your business plan.
    No, you're right. But for $50/month the reseller account is a steal. Thanks though.

Ask yourself why its so cheap. What is the vps provider in question? If its not one of the established ones running a good deal, then do you really want to put clients on that?

Originally posted by mkc
    Ask yourself why its so cheap. What is the vps provider in question? If its not one of the established ones running a good deal, then do you really want to put clients on that?
    It would be a reseller account with the place I bought the server from, ISNNetworks.net

So no, I do not have a problem putting clients on it.