enom integration

Hi
    I know lots of folks use enom but I'm stumped! Any advice? Here's the specs:

1. I did the $495 reseller account
    2. I downloaded the api / sample site in perl form
    3. I set it up and it does work
    4. I have WHM AutoPilot

The down and dirty
    1. though the perl script works I don't get it. I only use paypal and no merchant account so when I disable credit card in the perl script it just lets me buy domain names without any paymetn. Is this perl script what my clients are going to be using???

2. I need to be able to sell domains separately without hosting if need be so I need to be able to sell wihtout whm autopilot too. So can I somehow usethe perl script to sell domains on my site?? This may be where all my confusion comes from. My impression is that the perl script and sample site is what we use to sell domain names via our website.

3. whm autopilot doesn't work anyway with the domain name purchase feature enabled. I ge php errors. I have support requests in with autopilot but if anyone knows about this it would be much appreciated.

So that's it. I've actually paid for $495 worht of domain names, etc. but just need a nudge in the right direction!!
    Kenneth LaVoie - owner www.centralmaineweb.com
    Professional web design, hosting and search engine optimization for small businesses.

"Delivering such excellence you wouldn't dream of being without us"

1 - If you disable credit cards, how are people supposed to pay? They wont pay - you have credit cards disabled. Enom only has the perl script bundled with their merchant processing. If you want some one elses merchant processing then you have to do it yourself.

2 - Yes, that is what the script is designed for - selling domains. It does that, but for payment, see #1.

3 - You would need to post the actual errors for anyone to help on that one.

Why reinvent the wheel? You might checkout www.awbs.com

On the other hand, it is satisfying to write/adapt a script by yourself that works. I just never seem to have the time anymore.

Good Luck!
    You may delay, but time will not. --- Benjamin Franklin

I finally got it!

Well sometimes it's the simplest things that get you.
    1. I finally got it that the script that enom provides if to integrate with whatever merchant account you have. It's exactly the same interface you get if you were to signup for their registry rocket program. So if you use their script ya gotta have a merchant account. Now I use paypal. Does anyone know how to integrate that with the script?

2. I see awbs but I already use whm AutoPilot. I did get it to work finally - the errors were thrown as I had not properly set domain pricing. The only place I'm stumped is that whm allows you to buy a domain "with" your hosting package so I need to figger out a way for people to simply buy a domain without hosting. Right now I've temporarily done the registry rocket thing and tested it and it seems to work great.

Any other thoughts or ideas would be most appreciated.
    Professional web design, hosting and search engine optimization for small businesses.

AWBS will provide support for domain registration as a separate product in their *big* release, once it is finished and is free of bugs.
    Name123.com [ We are online Since 2004! ]
    Cheapest Domain Registration & Reseller Services!
    ENOM Domain Reseller Account with Lowest Industry Prices! (Details)
    Plus Excellent Technical Support Along The Way!

it is virtually bug free, and the main release has been out for months now. Only difference is that it is a paid for solution, where the scripts are free.

But, if the scripts dont do what you want, then ya have to do what ya have to do.

I got it. I could simply use registry rocket for "just" domains and use my whm for domain sales bundled with hosting. That works for me as I sell about 6 domains per year and renew about 30. I can use my free script to renew manually.