the most powerfull data center

hi all

i need to move my servers to another datacenter
    and i need to know which one is the most best and powerfull data center, and i want to mention that money is not an object
    i need the best support, service and above all i need to best network performance

currently i have some sort of cluser between 3 servers behind a load balancer
    all of them serving one website for songs, it is very very high rated download website, it consumes more than 4000 GB bandwidth per month

So, if some one can give a list of the best data centers in USA or Europe, that will be really appreciated
    remember that the most important thing is the network performance, and the larger area covered.

Thanks in Advance

You might want to give rackspace.com a look.
    -- Matthew

You may want to consider a geographically load balanced setup, with multiple clusters in different cities.

Sam
    Sam Machiz / Director, Product Development / Ubersmith
    smachiz[at]ubersmith.com / [direct] 212-812-4194

If money is no object: build your own. Or go with rackspace, you'll pay about the same [sic]
    Actually, equinix has quite a few worldwide locations. Look into them.

Check out PEER 1's GLOBAL service and RAPID CDN services. They can handle globally distributed load balancing.

We save you time, money, and frustration by handling the server management tasks required to run an online business successfully.
    No prodding required. We just do it right the first time. Red Hat, MySQL, Plesk, and cPanel certified staff.

well,
    some friends recommended level3

any idea ?

level3 is not that reliable, you want a place that will offer you managed collocation and 24/7 in the datacenter support with hardware and software issues

True on L(3) - most facilities they put you in are not going to be manned 24x7, and you will pay rediculous remote hands fees of over $200/hr and have to wait for the on-call guy to show up.

If the bulk of your bandwidth somes from media downloads, you should consider a CDN -- this will improve your scalability and performance, by placing the customer closer to the download site. This may also reduce your infrastucture requirements, as your web servers would now only have to host your web content, and not any downloads.
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.

I'd reccomend utilizing equinix. They have onsite staff 24/7 and you can choose your bandwidth from nearly any provider in exisitence, and add more at the drop of a hat. The facilities themselves are among the most reliable buildings in the world as well in terms of power, cooling and security as far as colocation centers go.
    Neosurge Web Services since 2002
    Neosurge VPS Hosting

If we are not talking price. NAP of the America's in Miami will blow your socks off. Hurricane 5 proof. No servers on first floor. Reinforced concrete. You wear a security card around your neck and doors will only open if you have access. Censors to detect if you are not in your designated area..ok..well, security will blow your socks off. There tech guys know what the are doing too. Apparently a cousin of Enrique Iglesias is a manager there too..haha.

Re: the most powerfull data center

Originally posted by a_elhoseeny
    hi all

i need to move my servers to another datacenter
    and i need to know which one is the most best and powerfull data center, and i want to mention that money is not an object
    i need the best support, service and above all i need to best network performance

currently i have some sort of cluser between 3 servers behind a load balancer
    all of them serving one website for songs, it is very very high rated download website, it consumes more than 4000 GB bandwidth per month

So, if some one can give a list of the best data centers in USA or Europe, that will be really appreciated
    remember that the most important thing is the network performance, and the larger area covered.

Thanks in Advance
    In terms of protection and security, I would recommend Equinix. We'd have to get our hand scanned 5 times before we can get into our cage. 24/7 security, bullet proof glass and wall (yes, even the wall is bullet proof). It highly secure and it is also global.

However, the best service that we have so far is in Colo4dallas (http://colo4dallas.com). We have been with them for so long and receive not only great service, but also top performance specially after they have InterNap turned on in their facility. We are privileged to be their first customer to try their pure Internap bandwidth. It's fast! If you're interested, I can give you test IP from one of our switches.

In terms of bandwidth, I believe InterNap is the best one available today. It's not a cheap bandwidth, but performance bandwidth should not be cheap. We have test IPs located in our site, so please feel free to test their network (InterNap) from your end.

Regards,
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Like most things, it depends on what you are looking for. The most "powerful datacenter" may not be the best, nor may it provide the exact services you are looking for. If its bandwith requirements, one datacenter might fit while another may have better security for your needs. Perhaps elaborating a little more on what you need will help determine who the best provider may be for you...