Clientexec vs Whoiscart

Hi All,

I would like to get a couple of opinions here from people who have experience with both these billing apps.

I know there are 'better' ones out there, but for my purposes these will both do the job. So I'm kind of torn between which one to go with and when in doubt I know there always worthy opinions on these boards. I've searched around the forums and seen alot of threads regarding both of these apps, but I'm looking more for a direct comparison.

So, if any of you have experience with both of these I'd really appreciate your opinions.

Thanks in advance!

I've not had the best experiences with whois.cart

However, I'm ordering ClientExec today and i'll report how it goes...

Hi Ballistix,

Subjectively, I always write that no software can be 'better' than another. Each business has individual needs, and those that use the individual softwares have preferences and requirements as well. We have quite a few ClientExec convertees, and I'm sure that some have parted from using Whois.Cart() in favor of CE as well - along with all other billing systems that are made available as competitive offerings. This user migration I believe is to the benefit of all such softwares, since ideas shared will eventually further the utility of these tools.

Gauge the demos carefully, and ask all questions that come to mind - of both and any parties whose software you are interested in. In the end, you'll definitely gather a clear image of one that suits you best, and of the caliber of the companies which offer these programs as well. Where 'best' again doesn't globally exist, one definitely does for you.

Good luck with your research.
    Alex
    circlical - hosting software development
    forums * blog

Having used both, they each have their own "better features", however, I'd tend to fall on the Whois.Cart() side of the fence due to having recieved better support than with CE.

Whois.Cart() seems to have a quicker turn-round for resolution of issues and releases of code fixes where required.

The reason I stopped using CE was the lack of domain registration integration (although I beleive that is on the cards soon).

The downside I currently have with Whois.Cart() is the inability to bill in multiple currencies.

ClientExec handles client information, order processing, and support with some of good features but I wonder it's badly documented and their community forum is awful, no one posts there,I found last post on it of 11th April 2005.They have no better manual and you can't get any flash demo on it.
    Last edited by etechsupport2; 06-15-2005 at 07:44 AM.

ClientExec is a far better product

I'd be interested in a structured opinion Page Devil, as we're always interested in feedback to better our product - I don't see pagedevil.com in our client list however. Have you actually compared both products first hand?
    forums * blog

Out of the two products, I suggest CE. Personally, I use ModernBill.
    Stephen Preissler
    Modern Advisors - A Certified Plesk Billing Reseller

We offer Plesk Billing Licenses, Configuration, Migrations, Consultation & Customization

Hi all,
    I've been in hosting business and using many many softwares/packages during these ages , whoiscart() itself and its staffs have been incredible in terms of practicality / support and updates ,
    Alex ,( whoiscart() ) chairman is the Lord of the many scripting languages and platforms , I always feel steps and steps ahead with them.
    when you are going to buy a software , there are many many factor keys like Price , compatibality , beeing user friendly, ease of Installation and practicability , updates and the most important one "Support" and so on ,
    I give 10 out of 10 to whoiscart() for those.
    just my 2cent
    Good Luck
    Kasra

Ps,

Whoiscart() forum is the very 1st place I pop on every single morning we are like an international family there !
    Last edited by kasra; 06-17-2005 at 05:22 AM.

I'd suggest whoiscart, I've been using it for a few years now and the few times when I have had a problem it's been resolved quickly.

I own a few successful hosting and reseller hosting websites where whoiscart is used. It's an excellent product which handles almost everything automatically.

The community forum is great with lots of people to help out or advise if you have a problem, and the official support is great too. I think they have something like 13 full time staff employed who all help to resolve issues very quickly through email, support tickets and live chat.

DO NOT be fooled by the very low price of $35 (one time payment). The low price does not reflect the quality of the product and support services you'll receive in return.

Stu

Whois.cart has been comming up quite a bit on these forums lately

I have used CE (not in a production enviroment) and I did not enjoy it as much as I enjoyed whois.cart(). As mentioned aboe there is no perfect solution that will fit everybody, give both of them a try demo wise and see which one you like best.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

Whois Cart has many more features. But if you know how to edit the design of ClientExeC to fit your site design then i would go with that. Whois Cart is too difficult to edit the look of. The defult look its not nice for a hosting company.
    Thanks,
    Sammy

Originally posted by RoZxXx
    Whois Cart has many more features. But if you know how to edit the design of ClientExeC to fit your site design then i would go with that. Whois Cart is too difficult to edit the look of. The defult look its not nice for a hosting company.
    Thanks,
    Sammy
    Why do you think it is hard to edit hte look of it? The entire cart is template based and I find it very easy to edit.
    Mike from Zoodia.com

I have been with whoiscart since mid 2003. Have not looked back. I have WHM AP, phpmanager, whoiscart and CE. I use whoiscart only now. Since no one else has said it i will .They are working on a version 3 that is going to knock the socks off anything on the market. With the version 2 thats out right now you can not go wrong. You will get a free upgrade to version 3. AND last the suuport is unreal. Never had such fast and good support from anything.

Hey dreamware. You seem to know a lot about their company! Can i ask you, will version 3 have a different interface - for the sign up. That is the only problem i found with it! I have an account with them but currently do not use it!

Originally posted by RoZxXx
    Hey dreamware. You seem to know a lot about their company! Can i ask you, will version 3 have a different interface - for the sign up. That is the only problem i found with it! I have an account with them but currently do not use it!
    Version 3, also known as silverstar, is supposed to have a completely different interface as well as many many other features.
    Mike from Zoodia.com

THats right what he said!!! It will offer so many more features and upgrades. Alex is building this thing on what "we" the people want. He is adding so many features and then some. I can not tell you how many time many of us have had conversations on his forums about what to add and he would reply back with "Another thing added to the books for silverstar". The templete system from what i have read will get even easier to do. Right now i think it is so easy. If you can copy paste then you can edit the cart they have now. It is just knowing the the very few little things to edit.

clientexec r0x man.

I use Whois.Cart(). I kind of regret it, it does not feel like a finished product. The UI to the admin page is very unorganized, to change the e-mails so they are from your company name (and not yourocmpany.net, which is the default) you have to manually chnage HTML in several files, you can't manually bill clients for extra services, and when you manually add a hosting plan for a client IT DOESN'T EVEN BILL THEM OR SEND THEM ACCOUNT DETAILS. I used to use ClientExec with an old reseller plan I had and I am sorry I wasted my money on Whois.Cart(). I really do not like it.

Edit: Once I get a good-sized client base up, I plan to take ClientExec's refugee offer. Does ClientExec offer a convertor for Whois.Crap()?
    Jason Cousineau

Yikes.

I think you didn't bother to ask questions, or didn't give it a chance. Either way, there are more professional ways of providing feedback - this is unbecoming of a business owner. I'll indulge your comments however.

The UI to the admin page is very unorganized
    The admin side interface is no secret - we post it publicly on our demo, http://demo.whoiscart.net - perhaps it would have been good to examine it throughly and ask questions before the purchase point? The sales staff would have been most pleased to assist you with your purchase decision.

to change the e-mails so they are from your company name (and not yourocmpany.net, which is the default) you have to manually chnage HTML in several files
    The invoice information is pooled from the admin contact which you enter into the 'administrative contact' portion of the admin section. No HTML edition there...

You can't manually bill clients for extra services
    This is false. We exact that this is made possible by adding a hosts entry with a custom title and custom duration into the admin section. The client will be billed accordingly as the anniversary you've entered, enters the warning period.

and when you manually add a hosting plan for a client IT DOESN'T EVEN BILL THEM OR SEND THEM ACCOUNT DETAILS
    If you've connected the plan on which you place the user to a HAPI module, it will send information. If it isn't behaving as such for you, I would have suggested you contact the support staff for help. Examining the support logs however, it would appear you'd rather not do so, and instead post falsifications in public mediums.

Whilst usually inclined to apologize for your strife, the help is there you know, you must make use of it of your own initiative however. No company can guess that its users are having trouble. It would have been our pleasure to help you with the above.

Puzzled.
    Alexandre
    Last edited by Saeven; 06-29-2005 at 03:02 PM.
    forums * blog

The admin side interface is no secret - we post it publicly on our demo, http://demo.whoiscart.net - perhaps it would have been good to examine it throughly and ask questions before the purchase point? The sales staff would have been most pleased to assist you with your purchase decision.

It is kind of hard to judge how the interface is and how it works for YOUR company by using a demo.

The invoice information is pooled from the admin contact which you enter into the 'administrative contact' portion of the admin section. No HTML edition there...

Nope, I had to manually edit the files in the templates folder or else on the bottom of every e-mail (for example activation e-mails, username change e-mails, etc) it would say yourcompany.net.

This is false. We exact that this is made possible by adding a hosts entry with a custom title and custom duration into the admin section. The client will be billed accordingly as the anniversary you've entered, enters the warning period.

How is that going to work for IP addresses? Or any other extra? It won't.

If you've connected the plan on which you place the user to a HAPI module, it will send information. If it isn't behaving as such for you, I would have suggested you contact the support staff for help. Examining the support logs however, it would appear you'd rather not do so, and instead post falsifications in public mediums.

Well, it doesn't send information. No invoice, no PayPal link, no activation e-mail with the user name....

The help is there you know, you must make use of it of your own initiative however. No company can guess that its users are having trouble.

I have contacted support. Didn't help very much. Nobody in the forums would help me, so I had to figure everything out on my own. I am not bashing your product, I'm just saying it wasn't what I expected.
    Jason Cousineau

Hi Jason,

The contact you've had with support mentioned nothing of the above, these issues would have been easily dealt with.

Also (respectfully), customizing the items mailed to clients shouldn't be something considered a nuisance. These files should be carefully doctored to suit your particular needs and those of your clients. What we provide, are general templates which would understandably never cater to everyone's specific needs - this isn't their purpose. Our goals with the invoice templates and the like, are to provide you with a platform that you can customize to your liking - after all, this is the extent of what we can do, and of what should be expected.

How is that going to work for IP addresses? Or any other extra? It won't. Well, it doesn't send information. No invoice, no PayPal link, no activation e-mail with the user name....
    1. hosts section->click on the (+) icon
    2. plan : "Ip Address Block 12.23.34.45/4"
    3. Cyclic Fee: "10$".
    4. Duration: "1"
    5. Initial Subscription (set to today)
    6. Next Cycle End( set to desired billing date)
    7. Target: "global"
    8. save

After this is done, the client will be billed that amount, for that plan, on the given date selected and at every recurring cycle thereafter. This is done as the CRON job hits collector.php daily on a day which signals that this item should be billed.

Nobody in the forums would help me
    The forums aren't an official means of support, you should always turn to the staff. The users in the forums have made several thousand posts in the past few months, however, it cannot be expected of all to be able to answer all questions.

I am not bashing your product,

Does ClientExec offer a convertor for Whois.Crap()?
    forums * blog

Maybe I'm just having a bad day (I have been having problems with my server, website, and people on MSN messenger have felt the need to spam me with messages throughought the day)......
    Jason Cousineau