Having more than 1 reseller account

Let's say I sign up for a reseller account with H1 using my D1 domain name. I have my D1 website on H1.

If I wat to sign-up for a second reseller account with H2, can I use the same D1 domain name although I am not having my D1 website on H2? Or do I need to get another D2 domain name for the H2 sign-up process?

You should be able to use the same domain name for the signup process.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

yep, you can. You can even use a domain that doest even exist, BUT if you want personalised nameservers, or private ones, you wont be able to have them under that same domain, unless you point ns3 and ns4 to the new ip from the registrar you have the domain bought.

I suggest you to to that though.

Thanks for the replies. . I want to make sure I got it right.

I go to H1 and sign-up using mydomain.com. H1 tels me the IPs to use as private name servers are 1.1.1.1 and 2.2.2.2. I go to my domain registrar and register 2 new ns for mydomain.com. This will be ns1.mydomain.com -> 1.1.1.1 and ns2.mydomain.com -> 2.2.2.2. Then I go back and tell H1 that I have registered ns1 and ns2 so that they can set it up for me.

Now I go to H2 and sign-up using mydomain.com again. H2 tels me the IPs to use as private name servers are 3.3.3.3 and 4.4.4.4. I go to my domain registrar and register another 2 new ns for mydomain.com. This will be ns3.mydomain.com -> 3.3.3.3 and ns4.mydomain.com -> 4.4.4.4. Then I go back and tell H2 that I have registered ns3 and ns4 so that they can set it up for me.

Is that correct?

What does H1 and H2 do after I tel them the respective ns I have registered?

Neither H1 or H2 needs to know about the ns being used by the other host, right?

Anything else I need to do in my reseller control panel at either H1 or H2?

it's correct. H1 and H2 setup your accounts so your main accounts from both h1 and h2 will use the nameservers you provided. Therefore, whenever you create an account on H1 you give that account ns1 and ns2. If you create an account on H2 you give ns3 and ns4.

Your main site will stay where your nameservers are defined for that site. Because you can define 4 nameservers on mydomain.com BUT you can use only first 2 for your main site and other 2 for other sites. If you put all 4 nameservers on your main domain, then when someone access it starts asking the nameservers in the order you placed them. So in this case you should have site placed on both servers. Unless its a dinamycally databased site, you could do that. If its using DB you should even link the DB's to a single one or just use one Hosting account fo rthe main site.

have a great day.
    sorry for my english, aint my first language.

Thank you very much for your reply. And your English is fine. I understood your explanations.