Is it good to allow clients to sign up domain only?

Hello,

I need your precious comments. Which of the following is better in running hosting business:

1. Allow clients to either sign up domain or hosting.

2. Sign up a hosting plan and provide a free domain. (Client cannot sign up domain only)
    seekhosting
    My friends, it's nice to know that you are there when I need you.

Its all a matter of marketing, if you want to atract costumers, offer the domain. If you want flexibility give them the chance to opt for a domain name or for a hosting package.

Ya its a great idea, be really helpful and show them how to do DNS or do it for them, then when they have a problem at their current host or down the road when they want hosting they will remember you. Wouldn't hurt to add their email to a list to email in a few months about their domain and making sure everything is ok.

ben
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company

Hi,

its good to get the client to sign up for a domain only.. cause later on you can approach them for web hosting as well.

in most cases clients that sign up for a NEW domain will host with you as well.

regards
    Joel

I agree with Joel, but make sure you DO NOT give out FREE domains with every package. Only give it away with ANNUAL ones.
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting Dedicated Servers Domain Names
    Custom Web Development Mobile Application Development SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals