Why would I need more IPs?

Hy!

I want to host some windows websites (with different domains) of some of my clients with plesk. Until now I havn't cared about IP addresses. Now I got told that with one IP I can just host one website.

What do I really need IP addresses for?

Markus

There should be no reason for extra IP addresses to host more domains unless you want SSL on each domain.

Thats what shared hosting is all about, multiple virtual hosts all on the one IP address. Sound like someone is pulling your leg.
    Ron Rogers
    Need SSL Certificates? WEBYSSL.com (rapidssl.com International Affiliate)
    Put Your Mark on the WWWorld with WEBY Systems

1 IP per domain? Has the person ever heard of a shared IP? Unless you need SSL or anonymous FTP there is no reason to purchase more.

Thanks,
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

I wasn't aware about SSL and anonymous FTP, I don't need it but interesting.

And I really like the phrase "Sounds like someone is pulling your leg" - you could be right...

Thanks for your answers,

Markus