Thread: Why 48 hours?

Why 48 hours?

why does it take 48 hours to propogate a domain?

It may take up to 48 hours until a domain is propagated to all nameservers worldwide,
    but usually it takes less than 30 minutes for TLDs and less than 6 hours for most ccTLDs.

That's my experience with various TLDs and ccTLDs

you have to see that if the ISPīs do not refresh their DNS tables yet, you wont see the site online, but other people with others ISPīs that refreshed the DNS tables could see the site....
    http://www.empresasdehosting.com
    THE WEB HOSTING INDEX IN SPANISH
    http://www.empresasdehosting.net
    THE WEB HOSTING DIRECTORY IN SPANISH

Thats the same experience I have had also OnLine163.

In fact my fastest time for a domain to resolve was about 3 minutes.

oh nice, thx guys

When you get a domain, don't ping it right away, you'll ruin the whole process.

a) Order domain
    b) Set nameservers
    c) Setup hosting on your server
    d) WAIT 10 minutes
    e) Then ping

Otherwise YOUR ISP will cache the NON-DNS status and you won't have access to your domain, whereas I will be able to ping it perfectly from my office.
    EuroVPS VPS Hosting - Virtual Private Servers | Web Hosting | Dedicated Servers
    Providing Reliable Plesk and cPanel Servers since 2004, now offering low priced Xen & VMware VPS in Amsterdam
    UK +44.203.355.6681 / Amsterdam +31.208.202.120

Probablly the site for your domain name won't load at your end that quickly but Domain Dossier starts showing Service Scan for the domain as soon as you register it, but it should not take 48 hour such long time to propogate.
    Last edited by etechsupport2; 06-15-2005 at 10:17 AM.

Originally posted by afa340a
    When you get a domain, don't ping it right away, you'll ruin the whole process.

a) Order domain
    b) Set nameservers
    c) Setup hosting on your server
    d) WAIT 10 minutes
    e) Then ping

Otherwise YOUR ISP will cache the NON-DNS status and you won't have access to your domain, whereas I will be able to ping it perfectly from my office.
    exactly
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi