Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If you want to get away from overpriced I would honestly stay away from InterNAP. There are many other Tier 2 providers that can provide you nearly the same SLA at a much lower price.

The interpretation of Karl - your 500 sq. foot stuido apartment is just fine, you have no reason to move into the 5000 sq. foot home in the suburbs- the apartment will have nearly the same amount of numbers in the zip code as the house, and your electric bill will be much lower.

Are you lauging yet, or do you guys just move along on those ignorant posts by Mr. KZ, Phd?
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Re: getting ripped off

Originally posted by Cserver
    IMHO, it'd be better to be multi-homed (SFN [level3 & savvis] or crnc [NAC -- too many to list]) than just go with one bandwidth provider
    If you go to SFN or CRNC, you are by definition multi homed. We are running BGP between Internap, Peer1, and Mzima for reasons other than our trust in Internap network quality. So we are multi-homed. But customer going with us will be single homed, even though we are multi-home. Unless if you are doing your own BGP, then you will always be single homed. The providers (CRNC, SFN, etc) can cut you off any time and you are dead. And if you want to be single homed, it's best to be single-homed with Internap.

You have no clue about Internap architecture. I would like to tell you how Internap architecture is different than any smaller providers you go (SFN, CRNC, etc). These smaller providers can't get to you what Internap can. And that's why they are cheaper compared to Internap.
    Last edited by FHDave; 06-17-2005 at 02:14 PM.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Optimized_Routing
    To compare steadfast networks with Internap is probably the funniest thing I've ever read on this board. With out a doubt -

I am sure steadfast has big customers such as DHL, MLB,, NHL, Delta, Google, Expedia running the mission critcal applications on their netowork, right?

Seems to me nemesis has a hidden agenda - could be?
    Firstly, we aren't comparing customers of different companies. Secondly, I wasn't comparing them as companies, but for the quality of their bandwidth and pings.

And yes, I do have a secret agenda! I work for the CIA and work as part of their netgeekz secretzorz projekt!!!111!!!. Not really, and stop kidding yourself. InterNAP is definitly *one* of the best, but you can't claim it is the best by any measure of the imagination.
      0 Not allowed!

InterNAP is definitly *one* of the best, but you can't claim it is the best by any measure of the imagination.

Yes, but I CAN claim you are under arrest for impersonating Lee Harvey Oswald.

Love,

Edgar J. Hoover
      0 Not allowed!

Just a quick fyi - cogent is NOT part of internap's fabric.

Never has, never will be. If they ripped Qwest out of the fabric 2 years ago, what makes you think that cogent stands a chance? Less than 1% of the routes does not make for an attractive carrier.

What's the next bogus thing you will claim - Internap is powered by Dungeon's and Dragons? Oh no, that's YOUR ISP.

I heard you are going to replace your Juniper routers with the newest edition of Magic, The Game..... is that true, too?
      0 Not allowed!

To compare steadfast networks with Internap is probably the funniest thing I've ever read on this board. With out a doubt -

FYI, steadfast is multihomed to a mix of savvis and level 3/savvis.

Multi homed to the same provider? har har har.
    Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves here. Steadfast is indeed no Internap, but that doesn't mean that the price that Internap charges for their extra-valuable 'services' is justified by the increase in performance you MIGHT get if you chose InterNAP in Chicago compared to Steadfast. You will sure as hell save a ton of cash by going with Steadfast (or, well, anyone else really. Peer 1 has been talked highly of on these forums).

Multihomed to a mix of Savvis and Level3/Savvis? As you say: Har har. The "premium network" is a mix of Level 3, Savvis, and Beyond the Network (with BTN not being used as much as L3 and Savvis). 3 Distinct Gig-E lines to 3 Distinct Providers (plus a cogent line that is not put in the Premium Mix, and there MAY be multiple lines to a L3/Savvis, I haven't been down to Equinix for a few months). I've seen the lines in person, and if you wish to go to Chicago I'm sure Karl and/or Ray will point to all 3 of them for you.

/doesn't work for Steadfast
      0 Not allowed!

Are you suggesting that Savvis and Level3 are the same provider?

Guess you forgot Internap invented and patented the technology that Savvis is "trying" to be.
    Care you explain?
    Avi B
      0 Not allowed!

By the Way, O_R, why the trolling?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by NickCatal
    By the Way, O_R, why the trolling?
    Trying to show how professional his company is perhaps?
      0 Not allowed!

Exactly why you see
    "Optimized_Routing
    Account Disabled"

But This is getting a bit off topic... Good Luck with your Colocation Search.. There is alot of Quality and Good Hosts out there that are more then willing to post there custom quotes for you.. Take the time to actually learn about your future host.. There history.. I spent almost a Month trying to figure out which DC to colo a full rack of my personal machines in.. So time could only tell you more about your future colocation host.
      0 Not allowed!

Just a quick fyi - cogent is NOT part of internap's fabric.

Never has, never will be. If they ripped Qwest out of the fabric 2 years ago, what makes you think that cogent stands a chance? Less than 1% of the routes does not make for an attractive carrier.
    Not true. According to the InterNAP NOC, as of May 18, 2005, InterNAP uses Cogent peering in Denver. It may be used in other PNAPs as well. Cogent bandwidth is likely being used as part of the mix to reduce latencies and increase reachability between external Cogent customers and customers of InterNAP at the PNAP.
      0 Not allowed!

I am sure steadfast has big customers such as DHL, MLB,, NHL, Delta, Google, Expedia running the mission critcal applications on their netowork, right?

I am sure they have multiple gigs of bandwidth and multiple locations around the world, right?

PS, level 3 went down at least 2 times for over 3 days in the last 12 months. But I'm sure you know that already.

Guess you forgot Internap invented and patented the technology that Savvis is "trying" to be.

I guess getting dual ethernet feeds and plugging them into a switch and a router wouldn't be an acceptable for you - even though the core switches and routers are plugged into multiple carriers at the gig e level. Guess that wouldn't give you both performance and redundancy.

I am sure there is no value to having multiple engineers watching the global network and letting you know what is happening before it actuallly happens.

Oh - that last few sentences were called sarcasm - I have to let you know that because I truly feel you are lacking a sense of humor and wouldn't understand unless it was pointed out to you.
    (You know.... the whole street smart vs. book smart argument)

Seems to me nemesis has a hidden agenda - could be?
    1) What does that prove that those people are customers? It does not prove anything regarding a level of service as everyone's needs are different. The likes of DHL, Google, etc. are not our target market anyway....

2) We do have multiple gigs of connectivity, so check your facts on that one.

3) Multi-homed to the same provider? We connect to Savvis, Level(3), BtN, and Cogent, last I checked that is more than one provider.

4) And who can't provide redundant ethernet feeds, I don't know of many providers that can't do that...

5) Hidden agendas? I believe you are the only one with a hidden agenda here as you are an InterNAP sales rep trying to simply slam a competitor with nothing to back it up with and inaccurate "facts."
    Karl Zimmerman - Founder & CEO of Steadfast
    VMware Virtual Data Center Platform

karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
      0 Not allowed!

He's already banned ... beating a horse that's already dead

And if I were InterNAP management, I'd fire Art Ackerman - the guy's like 10 years old trying to prove to other people that his marbles on shinier on the playground
    ServGrid - www.servgrid.com - Affordable and Reliable SSD Cloud Solutions
    Premium 10G Network, 2(N+1) Powerplant and SSD Performance
    Web, Reseller, KVM VPS, Storage and Private Cloud Hosting
    Click here to see our SSD Benchmarks!
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by The Broadband Man
    He's already banned ... beating a horse that's already dead

And if I were InterNAP management, I'd fire Art Ackerman - the guy's like 10 years old trying to prove to other people that his marbles on shinier on the playground
    Thats ok, maybe he'll get the internap brand censored from WHT at the pace he was moving .
    Myles Loosley-Millman - admin@prioritycolo.com
    Priority Colo Inc. - Affordable Colocation & Dedicated Servers.
    Two Canadian facilities serving Toronto & Markham, Ontario
    http://www.prioritycolo.com
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12