Just snapped up paypal.us

Had to snap paypal.us to let abit of my rage out.... lol i wrote the contents in under 3 mins i think... probably wont sound right... so i am off to re-edit abit of it to make it look / sound right.....

paypal

So you are the owner of PayPal.us? Okay, let me give you one
    tip: DELETE THAT DOMAIN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Seriously: the
    domain name infringes PayPal's international trademarkt. Therefore
    it is a severe TM issue.
    Sincerely, Dominik
    Domain Brokerage

YIKES!!!

It wont be long until - YOU>>> <<<PAYPAL

I would delete the name or risk getting a nastygram from paypals lawyers
    Domain Maven

Re: Just snapped up paypal.us

Originally posted by Directory
    Just snapped up paypal.us
    Not really something to brag about.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Re: Just snapped up paypal.us

Had to snap paypal.us
    Please keep us updated

Re: Re: Just snapped up paypal.us

Originally posted by nameslave
    Not really something to brag about.
    I didn't backorder it to brag about it! i got it to write what they done to me in the past few months.... I told them i will make a site about what they done and the european account manager said its fine, he even insisted i complain to the fsa in his email even theough paypal is the one doing the wrong thing.. my complaint is now pending and my site about paypal is now up...

I can't care less if i get a letter from paypal lawyers... i know exactly what i am going to reply(infact i atleast welcome some sort of response from paypal on my case, because if they go on the domain they are bound to read the info too ^^ ). They are just lucky the UK branch is Way far away from me else...

I could understand your frustration. But you really need a lawyer for all these. And even with that, you are fighting an uphill battle. Good luck.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Making a site about it is fine - using a domain that infringes their trademark is quite another thing and actionable even if your anti-paypal site is not.
    "Obsolesence is just a lack of imagination."

Originally posted by ericv8
    It wont be long until - YOU>>> <<<PAYPAL
    Yep... that pretty much sums it up.
    You may delay, but time will not. --- Benjamin Franklin

Re: Re: Re: Just snapped up paypal.us

I can't care less if i get a letter from paypal lawyers...
    PayPal is a registered trademark and a US based company,
    I doubt you can use paypal.us without their consent

You will probably lose the domain eventually - but losing the domain is the WORST that can happen to you, you're not going to be thrown into jail or be fined millions of pounds. So... you might as well carry on using the domain until you get told to stop.

You say on your web site that you could not find any paypalsucks.* domains that are available - I actually found several without looking too hard!

If Paypal claim you have five other accounts that you don't know about you should make a formal data access request under UK data protection legislation. They are legally obliged to tell you.

Originally posted by Lubeca
    but losing the domain is the WORST that can happen to you ...
    I'm not 100% sure of that.

Nameslave may be right...

Isn't there that $100,000 fine for intentionally cybersquatting under U.S. law?

http://www.gigalaw.com/library/antic...-11-29-p4.html

And here you come on a widely viewed public forum and admit you secured the name to piss them off?

In addition, the name is registered to someone outside the U.S.?

Gee, Directory, maybe you could get one of the moderators to just delete this whole thread. Just like you should delete the PayPal.us name and forget about it. Live Longer and let karma take care of your past disputes with PayPal.

To give you an idea, your intention is to run a -----sucks.com type site as far as I can tell. I couldn't find what I wanted exactly but this was as close as I could locate in a brief search:

"In a minority of decisions, and in some dissenting opinions, Panelists have deemed a "-sucks" addition to a well-known trademark to be an obvious indication that the domain name is not affiliated with that trademark owner."

http://arbiter.wipo.int/domains/deci...2003-0596.html

http://arbiter.wipo.int/domains/deci...2002-0857.html
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out our WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks (Updated: Sep 2016), the most comprehensive look at WP performance

Originally posted by kohashi
    "In a minority of decisions, and in some dissenting opinions, Panelists have deemed a "-sucks" addition to a well-known trademark to be an obvious indication that the domain name is not affiliated with that trademark owner."
    Statistically speaking... I would not want to be counting on the "minority" opinion.

mind you the discrepancy is whether adding sucks is confusingly similar. Point is, there is nothing to even debate here, it is clearly confusingly similar to their mark and if they want it, they will get it most certainly.
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out our WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks (Updated: Sep 2016), the most comprehensive look at WP performance