Looking for Colocation service

Im starting a online backup service an i need a place to put my server. I need it to be cheap, fast, and have alot of bandwidth. My server is currently in a tower but i can buy a rackmount. A texas location would be the best also. Anyone know any good services?

Re: Looking for Colocation service

Originally posted by gcool12
    I need it to be cheap, fast, and have alot of bandwidth. My server is currently in a tower but i can buy a rackmount.
    Define "cheap" and "alot of bandwidth" and I can get you pointed in the right direction.
    Ray Womack @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

well under $200 a month and at least 100 Gb bandwidth to start

You'll be using massive incoming bw for doing such. Most provider charge very little for that as it doesn't increment their cost. To give you an example, for us, we charge only $5 to $10/mbps for incoming bandwidth. Sometimes we even do it for free since we have to meet ratios with our carriers.
    http://Ethr.net jay@ethr.net
    West Coast AT&T / Level3 / Savvis Bandwidth, Colocation, Dedicated Server, Managed IP Service, Hardware Load Balancing Service, Transport Service, 365 Main St, SFO / 200 Paul Ave, SFO / PAIX, PAO / Market Post Tower, 55 S. Market, SJC / 11 Great Oaks, Equinix, SJC

Check out the Dedicated and Co-lo Offers forum. Lots of offers there that will suit your needs on co-lo.
    [QuickPacket™] [AS46261]
    Located in Ashburn, VA, Los Angeles, CA, Chicago, IL, and Manchester, UK
    Since 2003 - 20+ Years! Dedicated Servers, Co-location, DDoS Filtering, Data Backup & More!

I'm a big GNAX fan myself... though they are in Atlanta... might want to give them a call anyway...

-Chris

I have heard many good things about colo4dallas, we are in the process of sending a few servers over there now.
    crucialparadigm - Affordable, Reliable, Professional :
    Web Hosting
    24/7 Support • Web Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Cloud/VPS Plans • Dedicated Servers •

C4D

Originally posted by crucialx
    I have heard many good things about colo4dallas, we are in the process of sending a few servers over there now.
    I have a cabinet @ Colo4Dallas and I couldnt be happier with the level of service that I have gotten from them. It is a first class operation all the way. Call up and ask for Amanda in sales and she will be able to get you set up.