how can i make money by my site

it will be chat site
    does the ads make me good money?

To get started, best way is just google Ads... then once you get more popular, and get higher unique hits, you can charge for advertising yourself
    Rob G.
    ShopManager - Sales & Repair Business Management Software

Re: how can i make money by my site

Originally posted by MazZziKa

It completely depends, that is a very vague question.
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Including an RSS feed that you can syndicate!
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Unlimited vs. Unmetered bandwidth

Start out with google ads, best option

The ads are good and also google ads on your site does you well. what type of chatrooms will your site feature? Try to cater the ads to the type of chatroom they are in.

Start with Google Adsense.

And then join linkshare.com and pick up one of the many affiliate programs that you think people who love chatting would buy.

webcams, microphones, flowers for onlinedate, cards, etc.

Well i will recommend using google ads on your site so you will make some money and you will also gain some usful stats when you start selling your advertising. Such as:

- Click Through Rates
    - Price to set your advertising

and some others.

Good Luck

-marty

same here

I want to make money to from adsense . I have heard ppl make money from adsense. I have a site now online, and 3 months online only generate $1.89 revenue from click.

Join a affiliate network like cj.com or shareasale.com and find some related merchants.

i may give that a try

I heard of CJ, but its commision per sale not per click, me thinks!

That is correcty, but you get a much higher commission (5-20 % of the sales price) than with a pay per click network.

Re: how can i make money by my site

it will be chat site

Itís totally depends upon the contents of your chat site and the target market influencer.

Instead of going directly on a costly advertisement I suggest you should look for other mode of cost effective advertisement.

how much will i gain in month minimum?

and wht is ur opinion about pop up ads

Google Adsense is your best bet by far.

The best way to make money from a site is to act like you're not making money from it.

What I mean by that is to create a great site with great content. By doing that you will get many visitors and then it will be easy to start making money. If your only intention of making a web site is to get money then that will show through and it probably won't be very successful.

how much will i gain in month minimum?

It is very difficult to presume how much you can gain form the beginning itself. It depends upon the contents of the site and defined target market, like the groups, communities, society or the life style where you are going to focus.
    You can get a rough assessment from the income of your competitors, by way of visiting their site, like the total no's of the members they have and the advertisement on their site etc.
    Last edited by etechsupport2; 06-14-2005 at 03:12 AM.

I completely agree.

Content is first. Make your site useful.

Originally posted by JonMB
    The best way to make money from a site is to act like you're not making money from it.

What I mean by that is to create a great site with great content. By doing that you will get many visitors and then it will be easy to start making money. If your only intention of making a web site is to get money then that will show through and it probably won't be very successful.
    I help entrepreneurs develop online branding. I value my clients and build relationships. I am a friend.
    Let me assist you with your website design, logo design and other graphics needs.
    Ganah Solutions, a brand creation agency. Solidify your brand. Connect your business.

Howdy.

How much are some of you guys making from google monthly?

And what sort of content do you have up?

No matter what subjects you deal with make sure your site offers quality and unique content, that it's optimized, looks nice and just work like crazy to develop it. In time Adsense will pay off.

i agree, start with google ads, then when your site is becoming popular, 50 or so users, you may choose to sell your site. This way, you have enough funds for starting a new site and have not lost anything, only gained experience.

nike88, this is something I'd never do, sell my sites. Although your advice is very sound

But, with or without selling a site, a good work on it could really pay off.