Lightbulb how much time do you take to fully design a cms site

I was wondering this, since I do believe that im a flexible client..i've been working with this company to design and developed a custom mambo site with forum, and some multimedia stuff(plus a chat that the way it seems, they wont work on it) for 65 days now..every week i get some lame excuses why the site it is not fully completed and on the net..im very upset to my self because i paid half up-front..even though it is very "common" to pay 50% in advance, the truth is no one fully truest no and else than them selves when it comes to money! but since it is "so common" i went along the"so common" in the business just to hit a wall

now, im $350 down and 70% complete site

how long does it really take to a real web designer to do some custom mambo site? take in consideration that the client has requested no more than 10 changes to the site..

IE:
    don't use that image
    add space to place ads
    3 revision to the logo
    use this 2 colors

is anything i could do to speed the process for them to finish..I even though about just lose my money and get some else who can finish everything. or do something new for me..

any advice would be greatly appreciate

thanks
    el Dutty-Dutty

Greetings!

The best way to approach this problem is to communicate with your designer. Ask them if there is anything else you can do to speed up the process.

The time it takes depends on the company you are dealing with. In our case, usually, we are not comfortable customizing an existing CMS. We prefer to do it from scratch. The time varies from simple to complex websites. In our experience, the minimum time is around 6 to 8 weeks. Maximum time can take for 6 months to even a year if the project is really that big!

In our experience, the usual cause of the delay lies on the communication between the owner and the designer. There should be smooth and constant communication (no blaming, etc).

We wish you well on your project. Just be patient and talk to them nicely.

I help entrepreneurs develop online branding. I value my clients and build relationships. I am a friend.
    Let me assist you with your website design, logo design and other graphics needs.
    Ganah Solutions, a brand creation agency. Solidify your brand. Connect your business.

i had, im always asking how is going and im been very flexible with the time and see if i could do anytyhing to speed up the project, but you tell a client 3 weeks to complete the job and a month goes by thant your start wondering what's wrong..we are on our 9th week already without seem the final project finish.
    el Dutty-Dutty

65 days? I made a CMS in that time :p

I'm not a professional web designer or anything like that, but for a really pro looking skin for mambo it would probably take me 2 weeks - if it wasn't my own site. If it was my own site I'd take my time, make sure I get everything absolutely spot on.