* Have you ever had a Psychic Experience

Have you ever had a Psychic / Paranormal Experience?

Yeah,

Once we had this bowling ball on a long rope and I held it up close to my face and let it go and stood still as it came back like a pendulum and it didn't hit me in the face.

Oh wait, that was a Physics Experiment ... Never Mind

No I have not.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

No, not that I know of

I've had several and regularly have them, but this is something I'm not willing to publically share to people on a public forum. It'll make me look like I'm a "skitz".

Nope..... Never in my life...

I wouldn't waste money on such crap.

HL

Define paranormal.. once, when driving with family, I remember waking up very early in the morning. Except the only sense I had was the ability to hear. I couldn't control the rate of my breathing or speak, it was all automated. My entire body felt like it was on tacks, like it does when your leg or foot falls asleep. The only thing I could do was fall back asleep, which is what I did.

This wasn't a dream, as the conversation I remembered hearing actually took place. I'm sure there's a medical explanation for this, but it sure was odd to me.

Something they taught us in Hospital Corps school is that often the sense of hearing is the first thing to return to a patient who has been anesthetized, comatose, or just sleeping. So be careful about what is said in the presence of a patient who appears to be oblivious. He may be hearing and understanding more than one might expect from outward appearances.

It is very possible that you were actually dreaming and that in your dream you were hearing the conversation that actually took place. Sometimes in my dream if the radio is on I can hear what is on the radio through my dream.

As for me, I tend to have deja vu's a lot more often than others but I don't count that as psychic.

I am very interested in such things........

I assume you have had one my friend

God Bless you

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

I've had several and regularly have them, but this is something I'm not willing to publically share to people on a public forum. It'll make me look like I'm a "skitz".
    I'm with MGCJerry on this one, I feel I have had one experience, and it scared the living daylights out of me, I look back on it now and laugh, but at the time it wasn't nice.

I won't share it though, I have to keep some sort of reputation.
    - Jamie Harrop

If you take hard drugs, you will experience too often!

Something like your spirit been taken away from you.

Originally posted by Chris Armstrong
    Define paranormal.. once, when driving with family, I remember waking up very early in the morning. Except the only sense I had was the ability to hear. I couldn't control the rate of my breathing or speak, it was all automated. My entire body felt like it was on tacks, like it does when your leg or foot falls asleep. The only thing I could do was fall back asleep, which is what I did.

This wasn't a dream, as the conversation I remembered hearing actually took place. I'm sure there's a medical explanation for this, but it sure was odd to me.
    If I recall correctly, this is a medically documented state, sleep paralysis or something like that. I've had it a couple times. It's both scary as hell because you can't move, and it's peaceful because you have no choice but to give up control and let yourself go back to sleep.
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Im not joking when i post about topics like this....Its very fascinating.......Seems like most ppl try to make jokes out of it like it isnt real...........

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Re: Have you ever had a Psychic Experience

Originally posted by 5urlcom
    Have you ever had a Psychic / Paranormal Experience?
    Always and everytime when I visit WHT
    <<snipped>><<snipped>>
    why?

Yeap, When i was a kid. MY little Cousin died so my aunt hire a Psychic or some Spirit hunter, He wanted us to meditate so hard, we close our eyes, but nothing happend. For me back then that was so St**d cause i just felt dizzy closing my eyes for an hour or so. But nothing happened really.
    www.DefyStudios.com ___Interactive Design

When I was about 12 years old, I was walking to school on a regular weekday. Halfway to school, I felt a sudden surge in my stomach/chest. It was like something was running through me. When I got home after school, I found out that my aunt in Italy passed away at the very same time.

This type of thing happens all the time. Most are skeptical and don't believe in it. But it happens with enough regularity that there really is some merit to it.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

The experience Vito described I would call a signal from God but others would laugh at that and call it a coincidence. I haven't had it happen to me (nor do I really want to) but people say that kind of stuff happens to them once.

A frequently heard skeptical explanation of the kind of thing Vito describes is "selective memory". According to that premise, a peculiar feeling, followed by some otherwise-unexpected, significant news like a death in the family, gets remembered. A peculiar feeling followed by no significant news gets forgotten.
    I suppose a way to test for this would be to keep a journal of when and how such feelings occur, as they occur. No retroactive entries would be allowed. If the selective-memory hypothesis fits, you should see many false alarms. If a true psychic phenomenon is happening, there would be a high rate of correlation to improbable or otherwise unexpected events.

Thanks the_pm, I feel less freaked out by it now

Originally posted by the_pm
    If I recall correctly, this is a medically documented state, sleep paralysis or something like that. I've had it a couple times. It's both scary as hell because you can't move, and it's peaceful because you have no choice but to give up control and let yourself go back to sleep.

I have psychic experiences all the time. I remember one my mother had. She dreamed of a house and of people moving a piano into a house. A few years later we were driving through a new neighborhood and she saw the exact house, and sure enough, there was the piano too.

We definately have more than five senses.

Originally posted by vito
    When I was about 12 years old, I was walking to school on a regular weekday. Halfway to school, I felt a sudden surge in my stomach/chest. It was like something was running through me. When I got home after school, I found out that my aunt in Italy passed away at the very same time.

Vito
    I had something very similar happen to me with another relative! Also, I remember that my mother told me, that she had a dream about her father's head being smashed with a hammer or something similar (she told me this more than 10 years ago, hard to remember). Interestingly enough, her mother died after that from non-cancerous tissue in her
    brain and father recently died from brain cancer in that very same spot.

A friend I've known from school had a relative of his die, I was with him at the same time, in his house. He told me something around "oh my god, I have to call the hospital" and guess what he found out?

A totally unrelated thing: I keep having these feelings that I've experienced something before, I can swear I did.. but it's not possible. Any medical condition to explain that, anybody know?

This is one of the reasons I believe in God, things like this are hard to explain.
    Last edited by Lev; 06-14-2005 at 01:06 AM.

Does anyone believe in ghosts. My grandfather swear he saw his mother floating in the living room. Although it is hard to believe, and I have never seen such a thing...he is not a man to lie.

I have never seen a ghost. I have been working in hospitals for about 25 years, so I am often in same rooms where people have previously died.
    In the apartment where I previously lived in Reno, the apartment management told me that the previous tenant had died there. The reason for their volunteering that information was that I sometimes received mail addressed to him. I never saw his ghost either.